Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.0.

I wouldnt actually mind when you have finished it to rebalance all the units. So the mod is more functional in battles. See how you go polishing it up. I would enjoy a dwd campaign on this map. It's a shame peaman did not go for soulgamesinc's map and not w1.0. The 1.0 one is good but I just think soul's is better.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    I wouldnt actually mind when you have finished it to rebalance all the units. So the mod is more functional in battles. See how you go polishing it up. I would enjoy a dwd campaign on this map. It's a shame peaman did not go for soulgamesinc's map and not w1.0. The 1.0 one is good but I just think soul's is better.
    That's great to hear - because i get serious headache working on the numbers.. Also, i did balance the Warcraft mod first (before two other members balanced it again) and it was frustrating. As for GoT Enhanced it is balanced on "A Song of Ice and Fire"- at least the basic units and medium units are like in that mod. It means that knights/cavalry are totally superior to all types of infantry. I never properly balanced the elite units of the factions. This balancing were done in december of 2016.. There are very few GoT mods with good balance and i felt that mod were the most completed.

I'd love a Real Recruitment, Real Combat-type of balancing. After fighting a few battles i think they looked great (Fire & Blood has this bug with black things on the terrain in custom battle, and in the campaign the units seem to move out of formation- while this mod GoT Enhanced doesn't have those issues) on the battlefield.

Westeros 1.0 had better strategic possibilities according to Peaman, something about how it's made with the rivers and such. It's on 149 regions, compared to old GoT's less than 100. Soul's map has the maximum 199 regions.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    I would enjoy a dwd campaign on this map. It's a shame peaman did not go for soulgamesinc's map and not w1.0. The 1.0 one is good but I just think soul's is better.
    Fire and Blood will stay with the 1.0 map as I like it better, that said Soul did a great job on his map and granted Mr_Nygren permission to use it so we decided to do a final version/patch of Enhanced with souls map before moving onto Fire and Blood.