Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 227424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1518

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6.2 + Custom Packs [upd: feb.27/20]

Hi, Jake. I've got a question related to the Strat Movement Submods. I hate the super slow speed of transport fleets (It took me 3 turns in a 4TPY game to reach Crete from Athens). So, in order to make transports faster, the mod to use should be one increasing armies or fleets movement?
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6.2 + Custom Packs [upd: feb.27/20]

Quote Originally Posted by jeanlannes View Post
    Hi, Jake. I've got a question related to the Strat Movement Submods. I hate the super slow speed of transport fleets (It took me 3 turns in a 4TPY game to reach Crete from Athens). So, in order to make transports faster, the mod to use should be one increasing armies or fleets movement?
    Thanks in advance.
    Nevermind, I've just noticed I misread the mod explanation as it clearly says increase or decrease of land and sea movement are linked. And I also have found in a search I should have done before asking that making transports movement better is a long unsuccessful struggle of DEI team.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yeah, sadly i don't really think you can do that, I've personally tried many ways and I think other modders (better than me) tried that too without success.
    You can only put differences between armies and regular navies, but not with transports.

Thanks anyway for responding, Jake. Since you're around I'm gonna tell you some kinda bug I'm experiencing in my actual campaign with Antigonids. Using the Military Administration intrigue, some turns I'm unable to train units. When I open the recruitment panel all the units are lightened but when I press on any of them nothing happens. To be more precise, the cost of training and maintenance that shows when the mouse is over it does dissappear when I press the unit, but it's not added to the queue. If I select any other unit the same happens. I'm I doing something wrong?

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Thanks anyway for responding, Jake. Since you're around I'm gonna tell you some kinda bug I'm experiencing in my actual campaign with Antigonids. Using the Military Administration intrigue, some turns I'm unable to train units. When I open the recruitment panel all the units are lightened but when I press on any of them nothing happens. To be more precise, the cost of training and maintenance that shows when the mouse is over it does dissappear when I press the unit, but it's not added to the queue. If I select any other unit the same happens. I'm I doing something wrong?
    I've also had this happen with Antigonids. I haven't used military admin once yet though.

To add more information I've just found out that, even though the recruitment price wasn't substracted from my treasury, the population was. In fact, and because my frustration made me press almost every unit several times, I ended the turn with the population severely reduced (even negative numbers of Politides!). After finishing the turn, the population numbers reverts to the same before the recruitment mess.

Patrician

I've checked again and no, I can assure you there is no bug.
    It works as intended and as vanilla mechanics permit.

You're probably playing 4tpy where the "vanilla issue" where the recruitment points assigned to seasonal effects are more evident.

I'm gonna copy paste what I told to gnosis last week.

Here is how recruitment points work in testudo:

- start with the assumption that every region starts with 0 recruitment points
    - your capital has 1 recruitment point by default, meaning that if you
    own just the capital region you'll be able to recruit 1 unit per turn
    - for every region you own inside the same province you get +1
    recruitment points (so if you own just 1 region inside a non capital
    province you'll be able to recruit 0 units, if you own 2 then the
    recruitable units are 1, if 3 then 2
    - climate affects recruitment points (default spring and autumn has a 0
    modifier, summer +1, winter -1, while non default seasons have different
    modifiers that can go between -2 and +2). It is important to check the
    climate effect, the recruitment points modifiers is written in the
    effect tooltip
    - rpgu drill troop and military administration intrigue add +1
    recruitment points each (they are stackable, if you have both then it's a
    +2, if you have more than 1 drill troop then it will be: x drill troop =
    +x recruitment points. Civil administration will give a -1 recruitment
    Everything above works for AI too (except for drill troop and military administration ofc).

Why is that?
    Always for the same "testudo" reason: avoid arcadish features where you
    can form complete armies in few turns and to underline the need of
    planning things where random factors or player's choice can affect the
    gameplay in a positive/negative way.
    Also, will make more important some historical seasonal loops about recruitment

Keep in mind one thing: it is true that, during the turn you choose to
    recruit, you'll be able to recruit the amount that turn permits you...
    But... recruiting units actually works inside the span of 2 turns (by
    game default, i can't change it), meaning that the game will halt part of the recruitment if in the
    next turn you don't have the necessary recruitment points you had the previous turn.

To make an example: you recruit 2 units in autumn and you have a total
    of 2 recruitment points, you jump to a bad winter which is giving you a
    total of 0 recruitment points.
    In this case the recruitment will be halted and you'll have the stucked
    situation you were describing above (works the same for AI too).

The only workaround is to add more recruitment points and no I won't do that.
    Consider this system as a sort of system raising the turns you need to recruit units without doing that, actually.
    To make an example: let's say you're maximizing the recruit in summer and you have a total of 3 recruitment points, so you decide to recruit 3 units.
    Next turn is autumn, by default climate effect, autumn has less recruitment points (if you don't have non default climate effects which could raise or lower it) so you probably won't be actually able to recruit all those 3, just 2, probably and the third one will remain queued as if you just recruited it (it won't actually lower again pop, just delay it).

So, this system really works fine for 12 tpy since seasonal effects will last 3 turns, it can work more weirdly for 4 tpy.
    Sadly, this come from an hardcoded "vanilla issue", nothing I can do except advising you to get used and, for 4 tpy campaign, try not to maximize recruitment if possible, mostly during summer and autumn since they respectively have autumn and winter as subsequent seasons (which by default, and statistically, should lower recruitment points).

A possible workaround for 4tpy campaigns could be this one:
    Use the @@@@@@@_TURTLE_Weights_LIGHT_+1_RecruitPoints_PL I uploaded last week (#1 post).
    By defualt you'll have 1 recruitment point more.
    So, if you stay just 1 recruited unit below the max, it should largely limit the 4tpy season issue since you'll always leave 1 recruitment slot free for the next turn.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 26, 2020 at 04:17 AM.

Jake, first of all, I really appreciate that, besides the unimaginable amount of time it must take modding the game, you always respond any question issued here. It's really kind on your part. And I hope I'm not becoming a pain in the ass.

I'm using the 4TPY MEDIUM version of your mod and yes, I've experienced some of the issues you explain at the end of the post. Sometimes, having 2 or 3 recruitment points and using all of them, in the next turn the last unit of the the queue is still there, with the symbol indicating 1 turn left to completing the recruitment. In other occasions is even worse: all the units are still in the queue with the infinite symbol over them (I suppose that means the time left for recruitment is unknown). I didn't exactly understand what was happening but I kinda like it not being able to calculate the exact amount of men I'm gonna recruit every turn. Of course, used to traditional ways, sometimes it's frustrating but it looks very realistic for me. (Despite of this, I thought that recruitment points were adapted to each version but if the amount is the same in both 4TPY and 12TPY turns I may try the workaround you suggest).

But the issue I was talking is different that the ones you talk. I took some screenshots to show it:

This is the situation at the start of a summer turn with Military Administration running, that together with Pella supposedly must give me three recruitment points.

[IMG]

I open the recruitment panel in order to recruit Chalkaspides

But when I press the button this is what happens, the unit is not queued (but the price and time of the unit dissappears) and no money is substracted from my treasury.

After closing the recruitment panel and opening it again you may see that, even tough the unit is not on the queue, the 256 politides needed for them have been substracted from the previous total (but not the money).

If I repeat this operation several times I end up with my politides depleted but still no unit on the queue.

As I told you in the first post, when the next turn starts the population numbers have reverted to the ones before this thing happened, so that part isn't really a problem. But not being able to recruit when I do have points is a bigger one.

With the 4TPY version of your mod I'm using AOH Lite, one of the movement turtle parts, the Slower Battles official mod, the one that increase Client State Levies and several minor graphics mods.

Thank you for your time.

Patrician

To add more information I've just found out that, even though the recruitment price wasn't substracted from my treasury, the population was. In fact, and because my frustration made me press almost every unit several times, I ended the turn with the population severely reduced (even negative numbers of Politides!). After finishing the turn, the population numbers reverts to the same before the recruitment mess.
    Do they return next turn? Correct?
    Or do you simply loose them?

That's a known issue from the pop script, can't say why but it is probably linked to callbacks which, sometimes, can be nasty or simply unusable (in some situation).
    I would say that Litharion and Mitch chose the lesser evil here.

About pop:
    1) recruit the units you want to recruit, don't click here and there and then disband and the re-recruit, it will just make a mess for the pop script
    2) do not disband multiple units, disband them one per time

Submods are ok, maybe slower movement is outdated? can't say
    dunno what that client state pack is but shouldn't be a problem fro anything

It's not that I clicked and disbanded units. And yes, the population is back in the next turn. The big issue is the units not being added on the queue when I click on them and so the imposibility of recruiting despite having recruitment points.

Patrician

ah... sorry, now I see
    That come from pop script too, can't remember exactly but should be something like: if you want to recruit a let's say 200 pop unit then you must have 200 pop inside any class.
    I thought I disabled it but probably I just disabled a dummy effect (effects for texts only).
    Will probably need script tweaks, I'll eventually check that, see if it's easy... but honestly it's a limitation that has never happened once to me... maybe would be even better to keep it?

I also thought that it could be related to the pop mod but, as you see, there's enough pop in all classes to recruit some units. And, furthermore, the pop is the only thing that seems to work in this scenario because the people is substracted every time you click to recruit and when it is below the minimun needed the unit turns grey and it's unclickable. Of course, since no unit goes to the queue (no matter if I click once or more), in the next turn no unit has been recruited and the people substracted is returned to the total amount.

Patrician

send me the savegame then because I'm not getting at all what the issue is...

Hi Jake!

I'm currently in a Roman HUGE 12tpy campaign. I've just hit turn 104 and yet have seen no reforms (For Rome or any other cultural group) and was wondering if they aren't supposed to be at turn 96 like you listed in the second post due to it being 12TPY.

I apologize if I've missed you saying otherwise elsewhere in your posts. I was just curious if I've broken the reforms somehow D:

I'm loving the campaign so far by the way! Incredibly tough. Been fighting Carthage for like 80 turns. This is a proper Punic War now!

Patrician

I checked every reform when I did rpgu with a cheat pack and they were fine.
    Trippin is at 700+ turns always with Roman HUGE 12tpy campaign and he's at marian.
    Are you at 3rd imperium level and/or have you researched the purple tech?
    Testudo doesn't change anything about reforms, just turns' thresholds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I checked every reform when I did rpgu with a cheat pack and they were fine.
    Trippin is at 700+ turns always with Roman HUGE 12tpy campaign and he's at marian.
    Are you at 3rd imperium level and/or have you researched the purple tech?
    Testudo doesn't change anything about reforms, just turns' thresholds.
    Oh I'm an idiot! I didn't realize the first reform required the imperium level, I thought it was just the Marian and Imperial.
    My bad mate sorry to waste your time. Thank you for the response!

EDIT: Also is there any screen shots of that campaign? I'd love to see how someone else is doing in the same campaign. I'm really struggling so far and have honestly restarted a couple times.
    Last edited by TheLonelyEmperor; April 26, 2020 at 05:42 PM.

send me the savegame then because I'm not getting at all what the issue is...
    Sryy but never done such a thing in the forum. How and where do I send it?

Patrician

@emperor

added trippin's campaign screenshots into #1st post
    here is his save
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/1bfue...6%29.save/file

@jean

here is where to find saves https://steamcommunity.com/app/21495...9008365217657/
    here is how to unhide windows folder (or just make a search as suggested in steam) https://www.maketecheasier.com/displ...rs-in-windows/

to upload the savegame

a) zip it (you must zip it or TWC won't recognize the file extension) and upload it to TWC by going into "Go Advanced" (check bottom right of a post interface)
    there is an icon or an option for uploads

or

b) upload into a hosting data site (mediafire, mega, whatever) and paste the link

@emperor

added trippin's campaign screenshots into #1st post
    here is his save
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/1bfue...6%29.save/file

@jean

here is where to find saves https://steamcommunity.com/app/21495...9008365217657/
    here is how to unhide windows folder (or just make a search as suggested in steam) https://www.maketecheasier.com/displ...rs-in-windows/

to upload the savegame

a) zip it (you must zip it or TWC won't recognize the file extension) and upload it to TWC by going into "Go Advanced" (check bottom right of a post interface)
    there is an icon or an option for uploads

or

b) upload into a hosting data site (mediafire, mega, whatever) and paste the link

Done (I hope so ...)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4vn3e0...Summer.7z/file

Patrician

I've used your savegame but I don't have any problem at all.
    I can hire 3 chalkaspides and the next turn (with a normal autumn) 2 are recruited and 1 is still looping.
    Also, pop +/- seemd fine to me.

Could be you have a problem at your end but... honestly I've never seen anyone with that bug.
    Nor it has ever happened to me once since alpha versions of testudo.
    Try to check if you have something conflicting, reverify cache, things like that.
    Do you have all the other testudo icons? for characters, faction
    Does DIGS work? You should be able to use diplomacy on alternate turns.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 27, 2020 at 01:51 PM.