Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Total Warhammer Feature To Be Revealed Tomorrow

Default New Total Warhammer Feature To Be Revealed Tomorrow

https://mobile.twitter.com/totalwar/...29835425767424

Just a heads up, livestream on the twitch channel at 3pm. It's for a new feature that will be free with Bretonnia.
    Last edited by PaulH; January 31, 2017 at 01:58 PM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Total Warhammer Feature To Be Revealed Tomorrow

I reckon this may be relevant.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

I'm guessing Legendary Heroes or a new Campaign Map (for Albion, I'd suspect)

Errantry War for Bretonnia, Crusade for Empire- might be fun but not sure what the other races would get. Grudge war, or reclaim a lost Karak for Dwarfs that gives +movement maybe but really I hope it is a different new feature.

Its a battlemap editor!!!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Well, that's disappointing. Was really hoping for something campaign related. Guess it's a natural next step for modding tools though, so I'm not complaining.

Yup, its a battle map editor and it looks very good. The two on the stream even said that its feeling more natural to use than their own tools, which is interesting. However, it is purely for custom and multiplayer maps, and sieges cannot be made. But don't despair, they have made it clear they want to expand the functionality and will add siege map creation -eventually- if there is enough support for the idea. Maps cannot be added to the campaign map, but they have said they may add functionality to add your new battle maps to the campaign with enough support.

Basically we have to make lots of maps and constantly bring up campaign map functionality.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

If they add sieges and the ability to add to campaign map my hype will go from 0 to 100 in an instant Imagine taking a proper city instead of the same 100 meter stretch of wall every time. Lush.

I'm the same. If they had announced the ability to add your map to the campaign map, I would already be deep into playing with the editor. Settlement maps are desperately needed, its too weird that I can attack a settlement and end up fighting in a forest.

I have a feeling that demand will lead to the maps getting some functionality to be added to the campaign.

Also, I had a response from a CA representative regarding whether they are going to add the official multiplayer maps to the singleplayer campaign. There are like, 30 of them that have been added to MP but not to the campaign mode. She responded pretty quickly to tell me that they haven't got any plans for adding them, -but-, she's going to pass the suggestion to the dev team. It's a slim chance, but maybe we will see them getting added to the campaign map. Which is better than no extra maps at all.

BMV's Avatar Civis

Hm, maybe pointing them to the Rome Total War and Medieval 2 Total War modding forums here on TWC will be enough of a motivation to expand the modding tools?

Potentially, but I feel they will respond better to there being a swathe of user created maps for TWW.

Well, that was a big bummer.

Really not amused of the 'no news on Brettonia faction'.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

For those who haven't seen it yet:

Last edited by HigoChumbo; February 03, 2017 at 08:09 AM.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Sadly it is just for Single battle. Campaign would be better, cause there are not many different maps in hood.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

If they manage to do this for the campaign (it shouldn't be hard at all) and add up the sieges, I would sell a kidney to buy this game. Then it will be really worthy.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    If they manage to do this for the campaign (it shouldn't be hard at all) and add up the sieges, I would sell a kidney to buy this game. Then it will be really worthy.
    Apparently, someone has!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI3cBAHaXoI&t=0s

Anyone interested in buying a kidney? I drink plenty of water and have it healthy and fresh.

I don't know if CA ever thought of this, but having this on the game means HUGE implications for Total War, replayability, immersion and fun beyond imagination!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Anyone interested in buying a kidney? I drink plenty of water and have it healthy and fresh.

I don't know if CA ever thought of this, but having this on the game means HUGE implications for Total War, replayability, immersion and fun beyond imagination!
    No kidding, I might actually start playing vanilla again (with the custom maps ofc), instead of waiting for the Total Lorehammer guys to make more progress.

do u make mods

Rarely, I have made some sub mods for Medieval 2, Shogun 2 and some privates ones for my on several games. Why?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast