Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speculation thread for Warhammer Total War 2

Default Speculation thread for Warhammer Total War 2

What are TWC's hopes and dreams for the second game?

My hope is for a campaign including Ulthuan, Naggaroth, New World and Lustria. Main factions would be High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Clan Pestilence.

Default Re: Speculation thread for Warhammer Total War 2

I hope they Include all Skaven (Units) and not only Clan Pestilence (Units) and Hopefully they will include many Skaven Legendary Lords I like the battles to gain the equipment.
    Last edited by Chlodwig I.; March 19, 2017 at 05:11 AM.

I dont really care about skaven. I want to see High and Dark Elves though. Lizardmen.... dont care either

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

CA will probably add naval combat, which means High/Dark Elves and Ulthuan and Nagaroth .My Personal quess is, Warhammer 3 will be more about Chaos....bringing all 4 chaos faction, (chaos dwarves) which means that Skaven and Lizardmen could be in Warhammer 2. Skaven to spice things in Old World (while they can reach almost anywhere on the globe) and Lizarmen are mostly based in New World/Lustria. Or maybe exploring a bit into Araby/Tomb Kigs. Because the rest of the world is ...well lacking nice cookies. South wastes (south pole) and anything behind Dark Lands....
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

CA having said game 2 is the New World I have no idea how it will roll out by the end.

For the start I am assuming High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven with people who buy only New World edition having only Clan Pestilent while people who already have game 1 will get an additional start location in the Old World in Skavenblight with mechanics mix between Wood Elves and Dwarf- Skaven can take holds and build a long tech tree but can also conquer any settlement but only put a small outpost above ground.

Alternatively it might be Demons of Chaos which appear in the next game given CA has already completed some assets for them and the Demons are heavily involved in the New World in all locations. In Lustria thru a small portal, north of Dark Elves, and appearing from the Vortex threatening the High Elves occasionally. That way the 3rd game which focuses on Chaos might actually be expanding the map east and north with Tomb Kings the 1st DLC and the rise of the Skaven and the infighting of Chaos given priority focus since Chaos Dwarfs, Skaven, Chaos tribes, and redo of Chaos Gods roster/Chaos mechanics would work for a strong focus on Chaos despite Ogres and Tomb Kings getting included.

What I can't figure out is the DLC path given CA has to have some way to get Tomb Kings, Ogres, and Chaos Dwarfs in eventually. If game 3 is all about Chaos then I don't expect Demons of Chaos until then and a map expansion northward though CA could be tricky and make the map expansion east into the Darklands the Chaos expansion by also going north and adding some of the Chaos horsemen tribes and putting in Demons of Chaos in several locations down in Lustria and up north of Dark Elves so people who only bought game 1 or game 2 would still have added incentive to buy game 3.
    Last edited by Ichon; March 19, 2017 at 10:54 AM.

Sea Battles! Sea Battles! Sea Battles!

Also the return of beach landings.

NORSCAN LONG SHIPS CRASHING INTO THE SHORE.

Raiders running up to the beach of an Empire settlement as militia crossbowmen and archers unleash torrents of arrows into the oncoming norscan horde!

One day...
    Forward, march!

Not gonna happen. TWW is too simple for that im afraid.

Was hoping they'd make vampire coast playable!

The biggest hope I have is that the W2 will expand map and I will have everything in one game. Not just having separate games....:/

So it looks like the new release is set in Lustria.

I was not at all familiar with Warhammer Fantasy. But I read up on some of the army books recently after buying its Total War game. Based on that, I have to agree with drillmaster above. High Elves and Dark Elves seem a lot more interesting than the Skaven or Lizardmen. I do not understand the Warhammer fanbase's obsession and identification with these contrived "evil subhuman" factions (including the Greenskins). Why on earth would anyone want to lead an army of rats or lizards or illiterate cave dwellers?!

The only interest I have in Lustria at the moment is because I read the High-elves apparently have a fortress called Citadel of Dusk in Lustria, and that Dark Elves frequently fight the Lizardmen over their sacred cities and sites of power or some such. So hopefully a game set in Lustria will contain those two factions as well, and I can use them to slaughter the rats and lizards.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    The biggest hope I have is that the W2 will expand map and I will have everything in one game. Not just having separate games....:/
    I thought this was already confirmed to be the case? In fact I have seen many players refer to the second game as an expansion.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

If this one has decent naval combat and exploration or disease, I may buy it.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I would assume it includes both Lustria and Ulthuan. The first Warhammer game launched with 4 factions, it would make sense for the second to launch with Skaven, Lizardmen, Helves and Delves. Whether or not the maps interconnect is still to be confirmed, as I believe they had technical troubles making it reality (read it in a translated Polish interview months ago, may well be bull), but one can hope, especially since Skaven very much should be present in the Old World.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by prithupaul View Post
    Why on earth would anyone want to lead an army of rats or lizards or illiterate cave dwellers?!
    Warhammer is famous for stereotyping and generalization. High elves, who are proud pricks and ego the size of the Titanic. For greater glory or Ulthuan! Dvarves, who are stubborn to the point of their own extinction, they would write any possible grudge and hold to it even if it should be their own end.... Some people would sacrifice their own soul just to be blessed by chaos god...so they may see world burn to the ground. More blood for god of blood, more skulls for skull throne... Read about four chaos gods. Each one of them having such fantastic PR and offering bonuses to chosen ones (who cares about the rest...) Simply warhammer is set as world on the knife edge of destruction, collapse...I have many books from warhammer universe and the introduction of them got now into my mind. (sry, i have them in czech language, so my translation ) "This is dark age, blood age, age of demons and magic. It´s time of fight, death and end of world.Among all the fire, flames and cruelty it is also time of great heroes, heroic acts and great valor....." Because among all this corruption, wrong doing people and backstabbing some are still heroes, willing to sacrifice themselves for mere chance of saving others...or themselves also (or get paid enough :d)

Ok, sorry for my thinking but now back to skaven and lizardmen and greenskins. Lizardmen were once great civilization, helping with shaping the world in ancient times but they fell to current degenarate state. They are among the best magic wielders however this top inteligent class is pretty rare, rest is just dumb muscle power. This is similar to Elves, Dwarves which are shadow of former glory yet lizardmen are much much more older. Wrold of warhammer is loosely vased on our own world so Lustria must have great aztec style pyramids,cities and all this stuff. So what kind of race would you put into humid, hot, sunny rainforest of south/central america? Amazons? Lizardmen! Greenskins are simple elemental destruction, no safe protocols just enjoy the big bang even at cost of your own life. Doom dive catapult is simply the statement to their ideas.... And skaven. Backstabbing, no morale, chaos magic and crazy inventions so even greenskins would approve them? i like their schemes and new and new ways how to get world domination which is usually halted and all collapse to complete failure. But imigine that you are dwarf, thousand feet under rocks, moving in dark tunnel and you hear their hissing and scratching of their claws on stone....bloodthirsty bastards.

There is no logical reason or strategical why to play greenskins, you simply must enjoy WAAAAAAGH and doing big boom things...you don´t care how good is your armor, all you care about is how much points you get in eyes of your crazy gods.. In star wars and many other games you can choose if to play dark or light side, good or bad guys. Well warhammer has 50 shades of corruption, badly good guys....even humans are nice backstabbers and worshippers of dark gods O.o While real leader/people would be concern with things like survival or expanding empire, greenskins, chaos demons or undeads have different goals and way how to achieve them,...

PS: my fears are that this will add new campaing map not connected. I really really want expanded map or at least different theatres as in empire. I will accept it once i see it. If w2 is set in Lustria, then Ulthuan might be DLC.... :/
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 24, 2017 at 06:51 AM.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

They wont center a game around Lizzies, simply for PR purposes they need a good guy posterboy faction and that is the High Elves. Its been known since the game was released that this is the Elf game.

Just like in the first game there will probably be 2 theatres of war. The elf war and the critter war. Like in the first it was emps vs vamps and dwarves vs greenies.
    Last edited by Påsan; March 24, 2017 at 07:29 AM.

Problem is size of campaign map. Lustria and Naggaroth have both size of current Old World and Ulthuan is smaller but full of High elves principalities. I doubt they would feature Lustria jungle instead of High/Dark elven theme if the game were centered around them. Lustria is pot with everything possible.....skaven, lizardmen, humans (tilea,norska), vampires, dark/high elves.. maybe Lustria and Naggaroth while actual Ulthuan will be added with minicampaign featuring invasion of Dark Elves there.....Simply Having all there from start - Naggaroth with Dark Elves, Ulthuan with High and Lustria with Lizardmen...well it sound pretty big ...

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I feel like the Skaven will be saved for the 3rd game. The Skaven are HUUUUGELY popular and would help to sell Game 3 quite significantly. As it's looking, the 4th game will be Tomb Kings, Chaos Dwarves, and Ogres. None of those factions are all too popular (even though my personal favorites are the Tomb Kings) and I don't think CA would have most of Warhammer's cash-cows in one game while shoving the less popular ones in a separate title.

In place of Skaven, I am expecting the Daemons of Chaos. As much as I would LOVE an expansion focused on the 4 realms of chaos (that would be amazing!), a game only about Chaos demons wouldn't sell as well as any game with Skaven in it. Besides, Daemons of Chaos could easily be a threat to all of Lustria and Naggaroth; Valkia the Bloody rampaging from the north and dozens of ancient Lizarmen cities being held by demonic hosts in Lustria. High Elves hate demons; Lizarmen LOATHE demons, and the Dark Elves hate them, too (as it stands in the 8th edition). I feel that such a threat would be more likely to be included rather than a "small" (for Skaven numbers) remnant of Skaven.

I don't know if CA is willing to take another fan flame war if they wait for the 3rd game to release them. The constant demand for Skaven might force their hand like how they released chaos far sooner than they should have.

I'm imaging the Skaven lead by Thanquol to justify their battle against the Lizardmen as there's a novel of him going to war with them before. That Lizardmen despise the Skaven race, making them opposing forces, will compliment the Helves vs Delves angle and further justifies it.

So my guess is : High/Dark elves, Lizards, Skaven and tomb kings dlc (maybe a fleet faction for second game only while both games unlock the southlands as Lizardmen and Skaven are located there too with elves sailing there).

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Still thinking that 3rd game will be the four chaos gods and most of the rest of the races will be either DLC or Game 2. Tomb Kings for example according to the data mine is supposed to be released next. So im thinking its a wood elf style release once the turmoil around game 2 is over.

Question is, how much they plan to add with this second game. Just some theory. If they want to add Tomb kings, they would expand current map southway..probably adding even Araby as coast/pirates especially if games is concerned with naval combat. But Araby+Land of Dead+Southlands are whole continent the size of Old World.. However if they are adding Lustria, that´s another continent the very same size with all possible new factions are Helves/Delves, Skaven, Lizardmen..possibly Vampires, Tileans....AND we are still keeping off Actual Helves/Delves with Naggaroth and Ulthuan. And these two are real naval power houses....What i try to say, that´s too much land to cover in one game. Look how Warhammer1 is playing just with part of Old World.....We are ven missing Albion .......So my new theory, what if the W2 is centered on Lustria + Southlands....leaving All Elves to game 3. I would love elves in game 2 but simply cannot imagine CA covering Naggaroth+Ulthuan AND Lustria at same time....and releasing Tomb Kings....as DLC

EDIT: and keep in mind that CA would keep some land for game 3.....They might expand chaos wastelands with all chaos faction but i cannot imagine expadning to the east beyond Dark Lands as there is almost nothing interesting there... :/
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 25, 2017 at 04:13 AM.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

They need to give Tilea and Estalia their own units.
    I guess that Middenland and Kislev would become playable at one point, it would be pity if they wouldn`t.

The image they released was one of a temple city in a jungle, it`s safe to say that the lizardman will be there from the start.

I don`t think the big size of the New World will be a big problem, it`s about the number of settlements, the New World is not as densely populated as the Old World.

Do you guys reckon that Araby can make it into the game ? I guess that the Tomb Kings have a high chance as an DLC.

Talking about the 3rd game, since those games are also stand alone who will be the opposing factions ? The Chaos forces and Chaos Dwarves against who ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast