Thread: Questions/Suggestions regarding SSHIP

Default Questions/Suggestions regarding SSHIP

Hi. I'm not sure if this could be considered as advertising. I hope not, as it's not my purpose.

I wanted to humbly ask if it would be possible to increase the number of buildings available to build in every settlement. Just out of curiosity. I would ask this to SS team, but it seems it has been kind of "dead" for years. Is there still anyone in SSHIP team able to do this?

I know the game has its limits regarding both number of settlements, factions and units. What about buildings? I'm quite sure it was like that too, as I think I recall reading a thread about wonders and how there were only a few places available for them. If this is the case, I want to ask how the team of a mod I won't mention if it's not needed managed to include many, many more buildings than which I can see in SS and in SSHIP mods. I'd also ask them, but I don't know to speak their language ^^u.

I've played that mod dozens of hours, and started a few campaigns. I think it is a great mod, with lots of care put into it. Although I had a problem with it. For an unknown reason, in my case (and it happened to many more people, as I readed, but not everyone, which puzzles me), there was something that "broke" the AI. It always spent all its money recruiting new troops. No buildings, no agents, so all factions ended in bankrupt. And so, I ended annoyed, and I left it after trying different ways to approach the problem without success.

Well, the thing that astonished me the most was the huuuuge list of different buildings it had. At least a Wonder for every faction (more in some cases), and there were many factions (not sure if they reached the limit, but if they didn't, it must be close); lots of buildings related to the commerce resources in the regions, with different levels, providing different things (money, growth...); many buildings from lots of religious orders (not only the five we have here), also with levels; something I found awesome, colonies from different communities, such as Saracen, Jewish, Genoesse, and many more, even from Amalfi, with up to four levels, providing both positive and negative resources, and some unique units from the last levels. All of these, of course, including all the buildings from vanilla version, and even more.

I think having more buildings available would let you cut down on the turns required to build all of them, mainly some of the last ones, as they kind of make impossible to spend your money, because you reach a point where all of your settlements are building something for lots and lots of turns, and you have nowhere to invest your money in a reasonable way. Of course, you can just throw it away, recruiting troops and disbanding them the next turn, but that seems like a poor solution.

And that's why I'm here, asking or should I say suggesting you to include more buildings, if possible. And, if it isn't, how did they managed to include that incredible number of buildings?

Thanks! And I hope no one gets offended by this post, that'd be the last thing I'd ever want.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 14, 2017 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Title updated

Default Re: Some questions/suggestions? regarding buildings

Mmm i think that you talk about bellum crucis mod...sship team want be more historical and also want to have a balanced and realistic gameplay,not fill building for fill, so new buildings need to be ''study'' before implemented them and need to be discuss with historical and good arguments, about new wonder and new building as colonies MWY is working in new building for the next release so maybe HE could answer you about new features or new buildings for the next release...
    NOTE: friend, for the next question or suggestion, i recommend you that you should write it in the thread ''general discussion'' , the feared moderator Lifth will move your post
    Last edited by j.a.luna; April 14, 2017 at 07:31 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Some questions/suggestions? regarding buildings

j.a.luna has pretty much answered to your question. In addition, I confirm that there's a hard coded limit for buildings:

*Buildings:
    *Maximum number of buildings per tree is 9
    *Maximum number of building trees is 128.

On a secong thought, I'm leaving it here but have renamed this thread to let people ask questions and/or make suggestions
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 14, 2017 at 11:50 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: Questions/Suggestions regarding SSHIP

There's some tricks you might be able to do with different culturetypes (giving different images/icons etc for the same EDB building on different factions).

Lifth i am surprised that you dont move this post, you are losing faculties as moderator(the age)...hahaha
    Joke apart, sship team know whats type buildings i would like add in next release of sship
    1.(already made) Add more mercenary buildings in more settlements and regions,(as a mercenary office)
    2.make new building tree as colonies(similar to bellum crucis)
    3.make new building tree for jewish neighborhoods(already comment)
    4.add more wonders for others factions, santa sophia for.kiev, tower of london for england,some wonder for HRE and others...
    5.make new building trees for economy, for example simulating trade routes with other parts of the world and earn a lot of money( in afrika, china,india..) similar to broken crescent mod.
    6.Improve units cards for currents buildings, new cards for orthodox churches and schools,.new units cards for pagans...
    Last edited by j.a.luna; April 15, 2017 at 04:43 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Svir@c's Avatar Libertus

Why not!? But, I think that here is a fair share of buildings, every sort of them and more historicaly accurate, also. Never mind, more jobb for me, yipiii ...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -Come not between the Nazgúl and his prey!- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Lifth i am surprised that you dont move this post, you are losing faculties as moderator(the age)...hahaha
    Na., I'm just becoming lazy. Easier and faster to have all questions in one thread instead of keep moving around all threads created for them

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Joke apart, sship team know whats type buildings i would like add in next release of sship
    1.(already made) Add more mercenary buildings in more settlements and regions,(as a mercenary office)
    2.make new building tree as colonies(similar to bellum crucis)
    3.make new building tree for jewish neighborhoods(already comment)
    4.add more wonders for others factions, santa sophia for.kiev, tower of london for england,some wonder for HRE and others...
    5.make new building trees for economy, for example simulating trade routes with other parts of the world and earn a lot of money( in afrika, china,india..) similar to broken crescent mod.
    6.Improve units cards for currents buildings, new cards for orthodox churches and schools,.new units cards for pagans...
    Not in a short term period. It has to be discussed inside the team first, then there will probably be a need of research based on the team's decision and only then, we might implement them (or some of them or none)
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

This mod is pretty damn near the best Medieval 2 experience I've ever had -- there are really only two things that would take it from really great to perfect.

1) the mountains, oh lord the mountains. Even fighting on what appears to be flat land sometimes yields a map that is literally unplayable, and more often than I'd like. I end up using show_cursorstat to move around armies to avoid it, but it makes the campaign less organic.

2) While overall I like the high upkeep for units, as it makes armies precious for the player, AI factions seem a little too weak -- if you build one good army you can roll over everything within 500 miles. Maybe increase the amount of money AI factions get each turn? They should have more troops, it would greatly improve the overall experience.

Aside from that, nada; this submod is fantastic!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Blog Entries

Thanks for your kind words.

I've planned to work on the mountains once I'm done with the map adjustments. Only Persia is remaining now. This is due to the map heights which have a "too big" contrast.

Noted for the AI. We'll see how we can improve this

Hm... Another question. Why Pisa instead of Genoa? I mean... I'm not an expert here, but I'd say that yes, the Republic of Pisa could be more important than the Republic of Genoa in 1132, but the second one was already important by that time, and I believe it became way more powerful than Pisa during the following centuries, while the power of Pisa lasted no more than half and a century from that point. I'll assume I'm wrong in this, but to me Pisa seems like a weird choice.

Blog Entries

Here is the answer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichon
    At campaign start date Pisa was dominant maritime Republic in western Mediterranean and Pisan ships even more than Venetians helped on the 1st and 2nd and 3rd Crusades and it was mostly Pisan fleets which capture the Balearics and briefly al-Mahdiya in 1087. The Papal bull of 1133 gave all of Sardinia, half of Corsica, and trade to Spain and north Africa to Pisa. Genoa was left only with half of Corsica, trade of the Rhone valley, and east to the Black Sea where Genoa was awarded free trade rights by Byzantines and established several colonies. Pisan fleets were the main naval support for the early Crusades though Venice played a role there as did Genoa.

Pisa was naturally allied with Sicily and Florence and usually with the Pope against the Holy Roman Emperor, Bologna, Genoa, Lucca, and Padua. Pisa was certainly the dominate maritime power until at least the 4th Crusade when Venetian gains and the rivalry with Genoa began to eclipse Pisan influence. Pisa also lost Florence as a key ally as Florentine territory and ambitions expanded and threatened to cut off Pisan land routes to the rest of Tuscany. The final blow wasn't until 1284 when most of the Pisan fleet was destroyed by Genoa who quickly took over Corsica and Sardinia making it impossible for Pisa to rebuild a fleet to match Genoa.