Thread: Defensive battles in hotseat mode?

Default Defensive battles in hotseat mode?

Hi, right now whenever I play hotseat mode, defensive battles are autoresolved during the enemy turn and I can't fight them. The screen turns black if toggle_fow is off, if it is on the minimap and everything else related to the faction disappear and I zoom to each faction's capital during it's turn. It says in this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...stion-ANSWERED

it is possible to do so and I followed the instructions by posting the following code:

[hotseat]
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 0
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    turns = false
    scroll = false

in the default.cfg for SSHIP and it was already the same in medievel2.cfg for the main game. Both files are set as read-only. However, even after making these changes I noticed no change whatsoever in the hotseat mode leading me to believe the hotseat settings might be controlled from some other files in this mod, I don't know if this is true...
    I love having the ability to change and control factions over the course of the game as well as letting it autoplay for a while, can someone please tell me how I can get hotseat to work fully or if I am making any mistake..?

Default Re: Defensive battles in hotseat mode?

you are not making any mistake, seems like everything is as it should be, are you sure battles are being autoresolved ?

this is what i am playing with anyway, which is pretty much the same

[hotseat]
    turns = 0
    scroll = 0
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 1
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1

I finally got it to work with the following code:

[multiplayer]
    playable = 1

[hotseat]
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 0
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    turns = 0
    scroll = 0

Before the multiplayer lines were missing(Not sure if neccesary, further testing is needed) and I changed "false"(works in TATW) to "0".

All I wish now is this game had some proper multiplayer with battles between the players

0 means false, it's the same (1 means true)

i dont have the multiplayer line and i can play SS 6.4 just fine, no autoresolve

but it doesnt matter i guess