Thread: Your most furious and aggressive "blitzkrieg" style campaigns

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Your most furious and aggressive "blitzkrieg" style campaigns

I play total war aggressively, on the basis that it's often far more effective to hit your enemy as early as possible and "rush" their starting settlements than it is to allow them time to grow.

As an example, playing Byzantines i rushed the Turk capital and wiped them out by turn 5. Or in the Zengids campaign, i rushed Baghdad and raced to gobble up as many Abassid cities as possible before the Seljuks of Iran forces rolled in from the east. Another of my brutalist behaviours is launching an all out assault on England with the Danish and Norwegian factions early in the campaign. Attempting to cripple a rival faction by conquering and exterminating their capital as fast and early as possible is the name of the game here. Bonus points if you can wipe out one or more factions inside 10 turns.

What are your most furious, fast and aggressive campaigns? I want to hear about obliterated enemy garrisons, burned out cities, destroyed enemy factions and heroic blitzkrieg conquests. The more ruthless the better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

Default Re: Your most furious and aggressive "blitzkrieg" style campaigns

I remember 2 campaigns with this furious style...one of them with norwegians as the last vikings, they should conquest all the north, britain isles and the rich german and french cities of north europe...all this for make a nordic empire and kill catholic people and alliance with lithuans and cumans(pagans)
    First i took the scandinavian territories and destroy the danish kingdom( false vikings and traitors catholics) , the pope excommunication my people and after he called a crusade against my nordic capital, of course crusades can not arrive to my lands, my scared huskarls and axes warriors destroyed them...after reunificated scandinavian lands i went to british lands with my vikings ships and disembarkation my troops to burn english castles and cities...germans, french and english peoples they united against me, so it waa so difficult fought in many lands at same time, also my nordic lands suffered a civil war for the throne and i had that stop my campaign and retired the troops in abroads lands for fight in my lands against traitors...this was so funny and pretty difficult and almost lost my campaign but i could recover and my viking empire inflict fear in europe again...
    My other campaign was with mongols in high era campaign, it was pretty funny and deadly with my mongol hordes burn rus lands, baghdad and make incursion against poland territories...but this is another storie hehe for now i hope the much awaited new version for play a lot of campaigns and see the new features,units and other things...sure that this will be more funny and with better inmersion for players
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

this kind of play is kind of required when playing with a very small faction, you either expand fast and become a full fledged faction or you die

althrough not doing them anymore (fun at start but then they get boring very fast) the last one i remember was with Rum, i went deep inside byzantine territories and kept destroying their units before they could merge into a big army, fought like 3-4 battles every turn, with an army composed entirely of heavy cav and horse archers, always taking out their cav with horse archers while experienced heavy cav charging down from the high ground would plow even through the heaviest of infantry

all while another army mostly composed of infantry kept capturing undefended settlements

Endless sabotaging can help a lot, a bunch of assassins and spies will easily make the enemy pay many times their fees when the former are sabotaging something every single turn.

This is only a bonus though, compared to locking off most recruitment (the exception is the castle-type core buildings, which can't be sabotaged).
    Last edited by Alavaria; September 24, 2017 at 10:32 AM.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    I remember 2 campaigns with this furious style...one of them with norwegians as the last vikings, they should conquest all the north, britain isles and the rich german and french cities of north europe...all this for make a nordic empire and kill catholic people and alliance with lithuans and cumans(pagans)
    First i took the scandinavian territories and destroy the danish kingdom( false vikings and traitors catholics) , the pope excommunication my people and after he called a crusade against my nordic capital, of course crusades can not arrive to my lands, my scared huskarls and axes warriors destroyed them...after reunificated scandinavian lands i went to british lands with my vikings ships and disembarkation my troops to burn english castles and cities...germans, french and english peoples they united against me, so it waa so difficult fought in many lands at same time, also my nordic lands suffered a civil war for the throne and i had that stop my campaign and retired the troops in abroads lands for fight in my lands against traitors...this was so funny and pretty difficult and almost lost my campaign but i could recover and my viking empire inflict fear in europe again...
    My other campaign was with mongols in high era campaign, it was pretty funny and deadly with my mongol hordes burn rus lands, baghdad and make incursion against poland territories...but this is another storie hehe for now i hope the much awaited new version for play a lot of campaigns and see the new features,units and other things...sure that this will be more funny and with better inmersion for players
    Hahahaha this is excellent! I really enjoyed reading that. Thanks for sharing!

What faction do you think is strongest for aggressive campaigns? I think the Egypt faction is quite good, i attacked Sicily in one campaign and captured all North African cities, then invaded Italy. I captured Palermo first, then crossed into Naples and conquered Rome. That will teach the Pope a lesson...lol.

Medieval 2 Total War jihad is quite useful because armies and boats can move far. No city near the water is safe!
    Last edited by bigdaddy1204; September 24, 2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.