Thread: HUGE INCOME

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Default HUGE INCOME

Ok so i played as both Poland and HRE in the early camp. And everytime looks like i swim in cash (in 50 turns as HRE i have 100k+). Is this supposed to be like this or is something wrong? Kudos to the team anyway ,, great mod.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: HUGE INCOME

There are ways to make your cash disappear if you think you have too much of it. Mounted knights are super expensive to recruit and maintain. So is building, recruiting, and maintaining a large navy. To be honest, I often struggle to make enough money if I'm not using merchants wisely, but then again I prefer to start with smaller factions like Venice. Starting as the behemoth-sized HRE from the beginning is fun, although I've only done that with regular Stainless Steel, not yet with SSHIP.

hmm , you may be right. If i remeber correctly, the HRE's problem is not income, is diplomacy (everyone hates u , and u are in middle of the map) so yea. I managed to get some alliances but sooner or later they are going to want my lands. Guess i should train some professional armies. Thanks

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Ok so i played as both Poland and HRE in the early camp. And everytime looks like i swim in cash (in 50 turns as HRE i have 100k+). Is this supposed to be like this or is something wrong? Kudos to the team anyway ,, great mod.
    I'm slightly surprised you've got so much cash as Poland. Maybe you can produce something similar to my table?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Poland_Economy_111_years.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	349684

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    hmm , you may be right. If i remeber correctly, the HRE's problem is not income, is diplomacy (everyone hates u , and u are in middle of the map) so yea. I managed to get some alliances but sooner or later they are going to want my lands. Guess i should train some professional armies. Thanks
    I think you should get also a usurper problem soon. But I've never played HRR for it's a too big faction for me. I prefer a building up game, and Poland is quite ok in this respect.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 02, 2017 at 02:00 PM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

At what difficulty level are you playing? If it's medium, that can explain why as not all features are optimized at that level.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

vh/vh as most of my games.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Ok, so that's not the cause.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I'm slightly surprised you've got so much cash as Poland. Maybe you can produce something similar to my table?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Poland_Economy_111_years.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	349684

I think you should get also a usurper problem soon. But I've never played HRR for it's a too big faction for me. I prefer a building up game, and Poland is quite ok in this respect.
    Hmm...a bit less on farming and taxes maybe, still i was making more than 10k/turn. On HRE however, i make more than 20k/ turn (120k right now xD). Maybe the trading resources are too good for those regions which makes every big settlement prodce lots of gold (Frankfurt makes 12k right now).

Maybe a bit more nerf on the castles? They make lots of money even though they are not even at town lvl. Also, you can build marketplaces in castles which greatly buffs trading in castles.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 03, 2017 at 12:10 AM. Reason: posts merged for clarity