Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total War: Three Kingdoms Announced - CA's Next Historical Title

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Default Total War: Three Kingdoms Announced - CA's Next Historical Title

- Delete please
    Last edited by Epic28; January 10, 2018 at 10:49 AM.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Announced - CA's Next Historical Title

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Holy Moly!! Looks like we need another new forum.

TW: Three Kingdoms comming! New Era game - Fall 2018 (and yes, Era is major historical game, Saga = Flashpoint = smaller one, so we are either skipping WH3 or both games will be release almost side by side..)

https://comingsoon.totalwar.com/

Some hi-res screenshots from https://dashboard.totalwar.com/home

Last edited by Daruwind; January 10, 2018 at 11:02 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

At last.
    I really hope they will not merely focus on China, but expand a bit beyond China.
    Both Korea, an Steppe Nomads to vary would make this game much more appealing to me.

I really enjoyed Shogun II, but having almost no different cultures made it a bit bland.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Sixt's Avatar Civis

Its gonna be the first historical total war title im not gonna buy since empire, im no fan of asian history other before the colonial era (no im not a rascist im just not interested in that period in china). Im really disapointed in this choice. I had hoped they would move away from normal melee oriented combat to a more newer setting like the imperial struggles of the 19. century.

How everyone feel about these fashion in the trailer?

I think it look like a fantasy version ( with Song period's weapon) based on Han dynasty's fashion. I don't know it is better or more terrible than the way everyone usually describle about Three Kingdom ( they always use Song fashion).

Well I won´t be utterly suprised to see some more fantas(y) characters. Three Kingdoms is pretty much tale so I´m excepting OP heroes,legendary generals, faction leaders....It is like Shogun 2 crossover with Warhammer

So the trailer confirms the existence of "hero" units, like the agents of TWWH probably. Actually, for this setting, I do not mind that at all.

So, basically, Shogun 3 without firearms.
    But the most important point: Is it on a new engine?

I was just talking about Romance of the Three Kingdoms the other day and how it would be nice to see Total War take up that series. This looks like a great start.

Oh Yawn!!!!

Who would have guessed that following the worst two TW games, Shogun > Shogun2 comes more Spears / swords / sheilds in the guise of Shogun3 (basically) ,So obvious China was next when they announced "a new area"

When will we see muskets and gunpowder again (for a change) with decent naval combat (for a change), the missing 1600's and the 30yrs war (only the most destructive v population war in Europe's history) involving all the major powers...completely ignored to date by CA, yet perhaps suited so well to the TW franchise.

Same old spearvswordvbow combat, pointless naval combat, low faction count and basically an enlarged Shogun TW.....what a disapointment after so much waiting time!!!. Even Thrones of Britannia sounds more interesting.

A TW saga if ever there was one!

another TW game to skip... this will be third one in a row..

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Total War made the right decision, the game was in danger of me not buying it if it was set anywhere in europe again. Silver medal, gold would have been the Aztecs and Inca.

Sounds interesting, but because I recently bought Oriental Empires and Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence Ascension, so I can skip the next game based on Asian history.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Was hoping for something like a Victorian Total war. This will likely suffer the same issues as Shogun with a lack of unit/cultural diversity resulting in increasingly boring campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    another TW game to skip... this will be third one in a row..
    I think the same... Such a waste, they could do victoria: total war or empire 2 in the years 1600-1850 or something like that. I want gunpowder, explosions, lots of explosions and a lot of smoke!

I would not have cared for Victoria like at all, lol. I'm super satisfied with this, why do people think it will only be 3 factions? Did Rome only have 1 faction? Did Attila?

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    I would not have cared for Victoria like at all, lol. I'm super satisfied with this, why do people think it will only be 3 factions? Did Rome only have 1 faction? Did Attila?
    The difference being the WRE/ERE rosters were completely different then the Alans or Barbarian factions leading to diverse campaigns with different playstyles. This may end up just being Shogun 3 total war with identical rosters and repetitive gameplay.

The difference being the WRE/ERE rosters were completely different then the Alans or Barbarian factions leading to diverse campaigns with different playstyles. This may end up just being Shogun 3 total war with identical rosters and repetitive gameplay.
    And you get this from your extensive knowledge of chinese history presumably? Has it not occured to you that the 3 chinese factions, whom might well be very different to each other, might also be accompanied by the vietnamese, the mongols, the koreans, the tibetans and the japanese, among others?
    Or is it that you know little about chinese history, and are choosing to focus on the title of the game to legitimized a biased gripe?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    Was hoping for something like a Victorian Total war. This will likely suffer the same issues as Shogun with a lack of unit/cultural diversity resulting in increasingly boring campaigns.
    Depends. IF it is more based on romance of three kingdoms than on actual "boring" history. Well we can get uber heroes, diverse factions etc. It will be more like Warhammer light in Shogun 2 clothes. But that would probably be negative for true history guys... :/

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Depends. IF it is more based on romance of three kingdoms than on actual "boring" history. Well we can get uber heroes, diverse factions etc. It will be more like Warhammer light in Shogun 2 clothes. But that would probably be negative for true history guys... :/
    From what I read it may be a hybrid Fantasy/Historical title with some of the Warhammer Legendary Lord mechanics imported into a historical setting. They would have to do as Saxdude said in the previous post and include a large variety of factions to keep it interesting however.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast