Thread: Questions regarding the late Era campaign

Alzender's Avatar Libertus

Default Questions regarding the late Era campaign

Since the beginning of SSHIP, I've always played the early campaign, driven by the fact that the mod is focused on this period and that the Late campaign is still on beta stage.

However, I've come to the point where I find it too long to get new units when I start a game with a new faction.
    Getting stuck with early pikemen, archers and militia forces during 200+ turns, only getting new units every 100 turns has become a bit tedious to me.

So here is my question:

What does "beta stage" means for the late era campaign? Does it mean that except the characters and cities which are not historically accurate, we lack something else? Are all the units implemented and does the game behave as it should? (Events, buildings, diplomacy, traits, units etc). Why do we have to select the early era campaign in the SS installer when installing SSHIP then?

And referring to what I said earlier, does starting a new late era campaign mean that we can get access to more units faster? By more units I mean the campaign starts in the early XIIIth century if I'm right. Will the more professional units be avalaible sooner than if I chose the early campaign?

That can sound silly but I am wondering if the events unlocking the units are tied to a number of turn rather than a specific timeline. For example, will cannons or professionnal archers be actuallytriggered in a smaller number of turns than in the early campaign?

I hope I make myself clear but these two issues are what restrain me from playing the late era campaign at the moment. If it appears that I can get access to more developped units faster, in an enjoyable, playable and with almost every SSHIP features campaign, I will surely try it on my next playthrough.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Questions regarding the late Era campaign

My answer will be short: you take the early ear campaign, update the starting position to each faction (same factions btw) and the unit available at that stage. So basically, that's just the early era campaign after 150 turns or so. The main difference is that Mongols are playable. End of the story.

Ok for that, I get it.

But concerning the second part of my question, how are fired the events unlocking the units?
    Let's take cannons for example (but it applies to any other unit)

Is it

a) a specific timeline , let's say between 1280-1330 ?

Or

b) a number of turn (between turn 200 and turn 230 for example?)

Because it isn't the same thing at all. If it's a) that's fine, because when we start the late era campaign we "skip" the 150 first turns and have access to the rest more quickly.
    But if it's b) then you'll have more units at the start, but it will take the same number of turns to unlock the rest (and they will appear later in term of date).

Quote Originally Posted by Alzender View Post
    Ok for that, I get it.

But concerning the second part of my question, how are fired the events unlocking the units?
    Let's take cannons for example (but it applies to any other unit)

Is it

a) a specific timeline , let's say between 1280-1330 ?

Or

b) a number of turn (between turn 200 and turn 230 for example?)

Because it isn't the same thing at all. If it's a) that's fine, because when we start the late era campaign we "skip" the 150 first turns and have access to the rest more quickly.
    But if it's b) then you'll have more units at the start, but it will take the same number of turns to unlock the rest (and they will appear later in term of date).
    It's essentially the "year".

The appropriate file in the late era campaign has all the things so that the events occur in the same "year", so yes it's sort of like starting at turn 150 of an early era campaign.

Ok then, thanks to both of you !
    It appears the late era campaign could fullfill my expectations regarding the long wait before the more advanced units.

Starting a new game will be a refreshing experience while waiting for 0.9.5

Quote Originally Posted by Alzender View Post
    Ok then, thanks to both of you !
    It appears the late era campaign could fullfill my expectations regarding the long wait before the more advanced units.

Starting a new game will be a refreshing experience while waiting for 0.9.5
    When 0.9.5 release is ready I will have a party with boats and whores, but without boats hahahahaha
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW