Thread: Is this a bug?

Alexanderos's Avatar Senator

Default Is this a bug?

I started the game, played for like 2 or 3 turns then I noticed that my cities (not all of them) had a sudden 12.5% pop growth. I studied the situation for a while and I saw this.
    I think it might be a bug because it suddenly showed up , never had that building before in any city. And it's also for castles and fortresses too.
    Milan , Genova Pisa and Firenze have it , but Bologna doesn't. Also in Iberia Cordoba does not have it.

Last edited by Alexanderos; March 10, 2018 at 02:01 PM.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack !

Default Re: Is this a bug?

Someone can close this, it's already ruined my campaign. The building automaticly disappeared and riots started everywhere.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

I'll have a look in the files for you.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Based on the campaign_script, yes it looks like it's intended to be used only for uprising settlements like the Bulgarians.

So do you have any idea what happened? Why I got it? Man and this campaign was so good

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Basically the script seems to put these buildings nearly everywhere except whereever this uprising is occuring (where it puts buildings that do the opposite), don't understand the language it uses to explain why it's programmed the way it is, but it doesn't seem to care if you own the settlements or not. They're meant to disappear the next turn, I believe. Or something, very strange. A developer will know more but I thought I'd lend some small understanding of wtf is going on cause lord knows I'd be confused too lol

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

At least the next version is coming out soon, and lots of these problems will disappear!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Scripting is MWY's work. My knowledge in that domain is very very limited. I let him to answer
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

VineFynn is pretty much right. When an uprising occurs, there is no easy way to transfer the settlement(s). So what's done in the campaign_script is that the settlement with the lowest public order is given to the emerging faction. That's why you need those buildings. They get created for every major settlement in the game, and one giving the same boni (but negative) gets created where the faction should emerge. Then those settlements should be deleted again. Unfortunately for the pisan faction, I missed the deletion part of the script. Thats why this happens. It should be fixed in the new version though.

In general: If this happens to you in your campaign, please just delete this building. It is definitely not supposed to be there. It would also be nice if you then report in the bug thread what faction you play, what settlements are affected and when it occured.

Quote Originally Posted by VineFynn View Post
    At least the next version is coming out soon, and lots of these problems will disappear!
    Ohh boy this is the best news I have heard today.