Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: How To Add In Your Own Music To M2TW

Default Re: How To Add In Your Own Music To M2TW

hm... my User Account Control has already been set to "Never Notify". is there some other way to completely disable UAC or is this it?

Nah that's it.
    The only cause for such errors are:-
    • Files don't exist that is all 39 sound text files must be there.
    • UAC is not disabled the recreated files go in te virtual store folder instead
    • Not having admin rights

il launch the game as administrator and see what happens.

Edit:
    sadly nothing has changed
    i even ran the batch file as administrator, i deleted Events and Music .dat file and .idx files

any other ideas? maybe i should reinstall the game and add my music mod after its installation?
    btw can you tell me where this virtual folder is and what are these 39 folders i need? thanks
    Last edited by Toho; March 11, 2011 at 02:29 PM.

Show me a screenshot of your data folder in your mod call of hammer one, with files set as tiles not big thumbnails to cover the full content in it.

here you are

Alright thanks for the upload you see the list of files having the name descr_sounds_ etc. So you have all the files in there.

Now the question is are the files .dat and .idx generated when you delete them in the Call_of_Wahammer\data\sounds folder? If they are not being generated there then check this path:-
    C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore folder.

I guess they won't be there seeing that you haven't installed the game in C:\ primary partition, UAC only makes a fuss there.

omg Ishan, i dont understand you modders have the patients for these pieces of crap. it doesn't make any sense. i am doing everything the tutorial says and i am still getting bugs.

so here is what i did. i extracted the sounds files and looks through a couple of them, i copied their names and pasted them on the music files i wanted and then i replaced the old ones with the new ones.
    i then deleted Event.dat and idx like the first post asked me to and then i put the music folder in data/sounds. i also deleted music.dat and music.idx and then ran the game. guess what? the same thing happened some sounds from the menu and characters stopped working, and in the virtual store was nothing since this stuff is stored in an external hard drive.
    and you know whats more interesting? when i try to fix the issue with the back up folders i had made fixes nothing!!! the problem is still there even though i replaced the old files with the new ones
    this is so frustrating....
    Last edited by Toho; March 13, 2011 at 05:24 PM.

Hi, I've been trying to add extra music to FROME, the third age submod. I extracted the music folder, added the extra music, edited the descr_sounds_music.txt file accordingly, then deleted events.dat/.idx. All the music i added turned up in the game, however all the voice stuff (i.e. soldier responses etc.) had disappeared! Something similar to the whats Toho's getting.

So I repeated the Vercingetorix's IDX extractor and looked at the .exe file. It was trying to extract the Voice1/2/3.idx files but failed; i think as it only has voice.idx in the The Third age/data/sounds folder. Therfore does someone know how to edit the IDX extractor so that it extracts the Voice.idx file, instead of the Voice1/2/3.idx files. Or does someone know where i can get a third age 'voice' folder. Oh yeah and when i copied the back-up event.idx/.dat files back in, the vioces stuff came back but my added music had gone.
    Thanks in advance

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Adding music to TATW seems to be impossible. The extractor doesn't work properly and some factions(that I haven't touched) simply lost their music. It's a nightmare!

TATW is not an exception it's a kingdoms based mod so it can't go beyond the obvious. Lose of some sound effects happens when the some files or their respective entries are missing.

Actually they aren't missing, the extractor work fine now (I fixed it myself). I have all voice and sfx files. The problem is that DAT files don't rebuild properly.
    Last edited by Gallus; May 03, 2011 at 03:53 PM.

DAT and IDX files regenerate from the 39 snd text files in the data folder of your TATW mod.
    They only contain the relevant information to the paths and stuff, the game doesn't repacks them you have to do that yourself.

Oh man did you give me hope! How do I do this?

Tell me what do you want to add in first.

I'll just tell you what I did and then you can tell me where I went wrong: I extracted the information from original .dat file, added my music in "music" folder(which I put in the data/sounds folder together with "voice" and "sfx" folders), edited some txt files and deleted the old music.dat, music.idx, events.dat and events.idx files. Now, as I undarstand the game should rebuild them so that they contain my added music but it doesn't. My new .dat files have 44kb of data. The old .dat files had 280mb of data. What did I do?
    edit: that didn't really answer your question, did it? I want to replace the camp. map and battle music with my own.

edit for Noobas: I use Audacity, it's very good for "cutting and pasting" parts of songs.
    Last edited by Gallus; May 06, 2011 at 07:10 AM.

apologies for "bumping" like this..but instead of opening a new topic just for this question...you could reply in a ps continuing the main discussion

what sound-editing freeware do you reccomend ?

i've been using WavePad Sound Editor but my trial version expired..i'm looking for something just as easy to use

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

hmmm strange, i did everything in the tutorial but all i get is a strange crackling noice instead of new music i changed the music in THERA for the Lao Che Khanate, but it just doesn't work, i've let the game rebuild the .dat files and the .idx files (i got backup though). It seems that the game doesn't rebuild those files properly. the origional events.dat is arround 110MB or something, but the re-builded 1 is 91KB?!?! any1 here who could help me with it?
    Last edited by Dutch-Balrog; May 24, 2011 at 03:40 PM.

hi, where is the mainscreen music? and what should I do to change it?

I am having the same problem, The game is not rebuilding the events.dat file properly, it is supposed to be 6952 kb it rebuilds it to 6 kb!! please help!!
    Last edited by Ramesses II The Great; July 29, 2011 at 12:40 AM.

I doubt anyone checks this thread anymore, but here goes.

After following the procedure to the letter, my .dat files generate but total only a few kb. Can anyone help?

Here's my DSM if there's something wrong with that...