Thread: Crusades and religions suggested rework.

Default Crusades and religions suggested rework.

Crusades/jihads and religions reworked.

WHY and HOW?

Crusading feature is VERY exploited by player. And its boring to see doom stacks on one city going. Thats not how crusades realisticly functions. Also, AI cant handle it properly. He is dying, fighting to survive, and then sudenly he send last stacks on crusade...And faction die...Also historicly speaking its unrealistick too see scotland, norway, aragon going to palestine while they have other problems in they countires..Pope even forbiden spanish iberia nations to go in holy lands..BECAUSE they had they own crusades against almohads/almoravids. So crusades are already portrayed in holy land, faction crusader states.

But then how to remove it, what to do with catholic faction? DO similiar to medieval 2 kingdoms britania, or also europa barbarorum 2 mod.. there is 10 or even 11 religion slots... Divide it into cultures or something like that.. that will make even deeper campaign map, because for example if u capture italia with spanish faction, u will have many unrests and rebelions.

For example, there is shia muslims, sunni muslims, eastern catholics, western catholics, spanish catholics, nothern catholics, balkan orthodox, rus orthodox, pagans...etc..

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Crusades and religions suggested rework.

As soon as there's the Pope, that feature is in game. I've seen a discussion about it by the past but it seems that it's not possible or extremely complex to change it. I need to dig out that discussion

Edit: Found it Have a look here. I've also found this one that might be useful To be checked.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 06, 2018 at 02:45 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks Lifth. I tried to find first one last night, but I failed. So if Pope's religion is changed to something else, there would be no crusading option? And Jihads could be restricted with even easier option, requiering 10 level pitty for imam.

You might not like this one!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Or even better, remove priest/imam and merchang agents, and have beautifull campaign.

Blog Entries

That's my undersanding. And yes, the last option is a bit... extreme - I'd say
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Thats allright. I just wanted to plant idea in your mind, with time, it will grow (hopefully).

Blog Entries

I'm very stubborn, you know. Ask JoC

Rather than do away with Crusades/jihads, is there a way to limit them to the specific historical time periods?

Or lengthen the time period between them to stop the roller-coaster effect of one crusade after another against the same city.

In the campaign script( my coding sucks btw) add something like If date is between 1189 and 1192 for the 3rd crusade then the crusade can go otherwise wait till the next historical time period?

Just go to descr_campaign_db.xml.

Find the following;

crusade_called_start_turn float=
    jihad_called_start_turn float=

and put in a number of turns after "=" as you see fit and that will be the amount of turns before another crusade/jihad can be called.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    Just go to descr_campaign_db.xml.

Find the following;

crusade_called_start_turn float=
    jihad_called_start_turn float=

and put in a number of turns after "=" as you see fit and that will be the amount of turns before another crusade/jihad can be called.

I cant overwrite that file as its an xml file and apparently either hardcoded or win10 does not recognize. And I am operating as an admin. That should work though. Thx

Blog Entries

You can edit it with Notepad++.

normal notepad should still work i think, just dont chose "Open" and go for "Edit" instead when right clicking on it

getting notepad++ is great idea, sship's battle_models.db for example is a fking mess if you open it with normal notepad

Is it possible to tighten up or further restrict the conditions under which Crusades/Jihads are called?