Thread: Jagged edges and blurry units

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Jagged edges and blurry units

Hey all, I've been getting into playing Rome 2 again. However I have noticed that my units are kind of blurry and have jagged edges, as well as buildings and vegetation etc... I've read that it's probably an issue with CA not putting in decent AA and they suggested to try enabling AA via the GeForce panel, however that does nothing for me. Is there any fix for this issue? Because there are some great mods I want to play .

Pic for clarification, it's more noticable (and annoying) when moving the camera around though.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks for any help, guys.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Default Re: Jagged edges and blurry units

I've had good results with DSR as an alternative to AA.

Sorry to necro this, but I have a solution for those who still struggle with this. To solve this, opt-in for the new patch through steam (it's in properties when right clicking the game in your library). Then put the game on AA x8 and the jagged lines and blurriness should be gone. Note, I have all my other settings on max as well so that might contribute also. Model pop-in (such as houses) is virtually gone as well.

Alternatively you could wait a little while for the final version of this patch to come out.

Yeah, with the new patch I've no longer needed to use DSR. The new AA works great.

Double post by mistake.
    Last edited by Comrade Roboto; July 21, 2018 at 07:42 AM.