Thread: i accidentally bypassed "captains cannot initiate attacks"

Default i accidentally bypassed "captains cannot initiate attacks"

1. you can see my main army, led by a general. he has no siege units, he's only locking the city down

2. this is my support army, led by a captain. he has the siege equipment. i don't remember why, its possible it was the army of an elderly general who either died or i let him go home to die in peace. IMPORTANT: you can see this second army is not in active siege mode, it is only standing there with movement available. nor does it have attack-move on queue and will attack the city when i press next turn. it's just standing there.

3. i have no video only screenshots so take my word for it. when i press end turn, army #2 for some reason plays the sword slash on the city animation, like i was trying to attack the city. remember, it was just standing, not besieging. nor was this a sally out attack (at least i dont think so, the only animation was my captain army, there was no sword crossing). neither the enemy nor i made any moves to fight. but my captain was able to get a fight going independent of my orders. you can see in the battle menu that the fight is even led by the captain, my general is just a helper.

4. in-battle confirmation that this is a captain-led fight, my general is assisting

5. i quit the battle, auto-loss, then it showed me the "no captains" notice while the end turn kept going

Last edited by Sllhouette; January 12, 2024 at 03:43 PM.