Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The CROWNS system

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by sklvboris View Post
    So is there a working crown for Kingdom of Jerusalem? In the Crown thread it says it "currently doesn't exists". Also how good do you need your reputation to be to recruit order units? How can you check again the pop ups explaining the mod? Can you read them from the files in mod folder? Where exactly are they?
    actually, the crown of KoJ already exists.

Trigger Crown_Fit_Jerusalem_NE
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition FactionIsLocal
    and IsFactionLeader
    and SettlementBuildingExists = holy_sepulchre_3_church ; coronation in Jerusalem, already large town level
    and not IsUnderSiege
    and GovernorLoyaltyLevel > loyalty_disillusioned
    and Treasury > 20000
    and Trait Crownholder > 1
    and Trait Crownholder < 4 ; if he's got alread a crown, he won't get another one

Affects Fit_Crown_jerusalem 1 Chance 100

in /data folder:
    export_descr_character_traits.txt
    export_descr_ancillaries.txt

I've been trying to claim the KoJ crown but without success.

https://imgur.com/a/yNJ8u6h

I have all the provinces, I have 20k gold in treasury, and I have all the regions, I believe. My king is the governor and he has 4 ancillaries currently

Holy_sepluchre is only level 2 tho, there is no level 3 in building browser and my King is the adopted son of the last one. Is it possible that this is why I can't crown him.

P.P this is not the latest version from last/this long month. But the one before that.

as always: upload a save, I'll have a look.

Default Re: The CROWNS system

Can the Spanish King still be crowned in Toledo if the Alcazar of Toledo has been built? I think he could be in previous versions but I haven't been able to get him crowned in this new update.

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XII Rhomaios View Post
    Can the Spanish King still be crowned in Toledo if the Alcazar of Toledo has been built? I think he could be in previous versions but I haven't been able to get him crowned in this new update.
    yes, he can:
    ;------------------------------------------- 0->1
    Trigger Crown_spain_Fit
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition FactionIsLocal
    and FactionType spain
    and IsFactionLeader
    and SettlementName Toledo
    and SettlementBuildingExists = alcazar5_toledo ; coronation in Toledo
    and not IsUnderSiege
    and GovernorLoyaltyLevel > loyalty_disillusioned
    and Treasury > 20000
    and Trait Crownholder > 1
    and Trait Crownholder < 4

Affects Fit_Crown_spain 1 Chance 100

https://file.io/ek7MZ7u4Obs7

This is two saves, first one is without a crown and second is around 10 turns later with a crown. Mind you you need to add money in the no crown save to get the 20k gold, but I don't think this is the problem.
    For some reason my king didn't have the Fit for Crown trait and got it 5-6 turns later and got crowned afterwards. If interested give it a look. But the problem resolved itself somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by sklvboris View Post
    https://file.io/ek7MZ7u4Obs7
    This is two saves, first one is without a crown and second is around 10 turns later with a crown. Mind you you need to add money in the no crown save to get the 20k gold, but I don't think this is the problem.
    For some reason my king didn't have the Fit for Crown trait and got it 5-6 turns later and got crowned afterwards. If interested give it a look. But the problem resolved itself somehow.
    Thanks, I'll have a look. And I'll also update this entry with a pic from your campaign. If you'd have time and will, make a short (or long ;-) report in the AAR section!

Yeah I'm gonna make a post in the ARR section, also mind you my campaign is not June version, but one before that.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Hi, guys! First of all great mod, but I have to say this crown thing really confuses me. I don't get why the faction leaders don't begin as kings and emperors (they were?), and second, the map is a bit confusing to me. As the HRE, it seems difficult to get a crown because I have to conquer a ton of provinces in every direction for some reason to get my crown, all the while my generals' loyalties begin at like 0-2? Won't they rebel immediately? I just don't get it haha, so if someone could explain it in simple terms that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    Hi, guys! First of all great mod, but I have to say this crown thing really confuses me. I don't get why the faction leaders don't begin as kings and emperors (they were?), and second, the map is a bit confusing to me. As the HRE, it seems difficult to get a crown because I have to conquer a ton of provinces in every direction for some reason to get my crown, all the while my generals' loyalties begin at like 0-2? Won't they rebel immediately? I just don't get it haha, so if someone could explain it in simple terms that would be great!
    Crowns - for gameplay reasons: 1. to give the player an intermediate goal of playing, 2. not to give any faction too much headstart. Maybe reading this post would make it clear.
    HRE - (a) yeah, HRE is problematic for a crown as it should have one perhaps from the beginning. For now, it's a artificial for the gameplay (to give the player the goal of playing the game), that the ruler doesn't have the crown, (b) loyalties - yes, they may as (1) historically it was very difficult to keep your realm together with all those squabbling nobles (think how it ended in mid-13th century), (2) for gameplay: HRE is so powerful faction that it would conquer all territories around if not for internal problems.
    The generals - I hope some would rebel quickly giving a challenge to the HRE. It's been reported that civil wars erupt after the death of the current ruler. This is intended - to give the player a challenge.

Does the Rum crown work? I think i have all the right provinces, FL in Constantinople, he has maxed authority and maxed piety (also fit for crown trait), he's not a regent, not senile, has less than 7 ancillaries, Great Jama built (largest mosque), i have about 25-50k in my treasury each turn, yet nothing seems to be firing? Am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Mev View Post
    Does the Rum crown work? I think i have all the right provinces, FL in Constantinople, he has maxed authority and maxed piety (also fit for crown trait), he's not a regent, not senile, has less than 7 ancillaries, Great Jama built (largest mosque), i have about 25-50k in my treasury each turn, yet nothing seems to be firing? Am i missing something?
    It should work.
    Upload a save and I'll check.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    It should work.
    Upload a save and I'll check.
    Here's the latest save for Rum https://file.io/UqqSmHubAyT3

Thank you for the reply. I just have a question - the maps sometimes have a darker color, and then a lighter color. What do these mean? For France for example, I don't think they already own all the provinces of the darker blue color from the start?

Also, in terms of crowns and immersion. I think the crown system is interesting, BUT. It's very unimmersive to not have your king crowned from the get-go. But I think this could be fixed - The faction leader could still have an ancillary called "King of France/the Franks", which automatically gave a baseline of authority for example, but the "crown" ancillary would have to be fought for, as it is now. Idk, I just love my "King of.." ancillary, and think it's a bit of a shame not to have it from the start

Also, is there a way to combine the application file and the icon? Right now they're separate and I don't know why.
    Last edited by helmersen; August 04, 2023 at 11:53 AM.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Thank you for the reply. I just have a question - the maps sometimes have a darker color, and then a lighter color. What do these mean? For France for example, I don't think they already own all the provinces of the darker blue color from the start?

Also, in terms of crowns and immersion. I think the crown system is interesting, BUT. It's very unimmersive to not have your king crowned from the get-go. But I think this could be fixed - The faction leader could still have an ancillary called "King of France/the Franks", which automatically gave a baseline of authority for example, but the "crown" ancillary would have to be fought for, as it is now. Idk, I just love my "King of.." ancillary, and think it's a bit of a shame not to have it from the start

Also, is there a way to combine the application file and the icon? Right now they're separate and I don't know why.
    Colours - which map do you mean? The minimap in the left-bottom corner? Lighter is what you can see now, darker what you've visited but no character or settlement or watchtower can see.

Well, the game is about achieving somethings. You need to make an effort to get your title B-)

File and icon - I don't know how to do it, perhaps it's possible, but I've also seen many mods that didn't have it. Maybe somebody versed in IT could do it? This would be welcome.

No, the colours on the map you ask us to look at - the one in the faction panel

Also, does this same thing apply to the AI? Or do they begin with their crowns? And if so, how does the AI deal with disloyalty etc?
    Last edited by helmersen; August 04, 2023 at 01:07 PM.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

No, the colours on the map you ask us to look at - the one in the faction panel
    Also, does this same thing apply to the AI? Or do they begin with their crowns? And if so, how does the AI deal with disloyalty etc?
    the darker are the "core provinces" that conquests' have lesser diplomatic penalties (well, we haven't balanced it yet, I belive, so it may be not important for now)

The AI also needs to get the crown, but as it doesn't know about it, it has lower requirements.
    The AI has bonuses to happiness and law coded at various places, but may experience rebellions - and in fact it loses settlements to the rebellions quite often.
    You may read about the bonuses for the AI here, and you may find many interesting links in this post.

Here's the latest save for Rum https://file.io/UqqSmHubAyT3
    Oh, you've got a gigantic mess in the traits. It looks you're either using different versions of the mod with the same save, or you've changed something yourself (manually) in the EDCT file. No salvage operation is possible here as far as the traits are concerned. Or maybe you're not using the June 2023 version?
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Oh crap

Yeah it's an older build i can't remember which one, might have been from late least year. Guess i'm gonna have to update to the newer build and start over then :s

Oh crap

Yeah it's an older build i can't remember which one, might have been from late least year. Guess i'm gonna have to update to the newer build and start over then :s
    wait a few days, though. we're likely to upload a new version this week