Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    wait a few days, though. we're likely to upload a new version this week
    Ok thanks for the heads up

Default Re: Crown of the Steppes

crown_steppes

Current situation: doesnÂ’t exist.

ModificationsÂ’ ideas
    New concept: very few steppe provinces to allow Cumans functioning in the current Loyalty setting.
    Gameplay perspective: badly needed solution as the Cumans may have very difficult time due to the vast distances.
    Name of the crown: xxx
    Title of the ruler: Khagan of the Steppes
    Effects: Authority 2, Law 1, LocalPopularity 1 and tbd
    Provinces: xxx.
    Number of provinces: x.
    Place of coronation: xx.
    Building required for coronation: x.
    Factions able to get it: Cumans.
    Pic to be used: to be created.
    Ideas for distant future: none.
    Description: to be developed by the players.
    Memo for future: has this crown been analyzed thoroughly?: No.

@Jurand what building do you need to crown the Cuman Khan and where?
    Will there be a unique building for them?
    -For example an idea could be to add a unique coronation building in Sarkil inside the building chain "grazing lands" maybe add 2 or even 3 more buildings inside this chain building for the Cumans after the "Nomad headquarters" like : "Great Camp of the Khaganate" and lastly "Great Khan's Yurt", the lvl 4 could be built only in the steppe areas and would provide a lot of troops and also elite troops of the Khan, lastly the lvl 5 only buildable in Sarkil (the capital ) and necessary to be crowned the Cuman Khan.

-Since currently the Cumans are one of the few factions that do not have unique buildings or crown, in addition to further developing their main nomadic chain building, they are also developing their Tengir altars...

What do you think about the idea?

THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Crown of the Steppes

If I'd find time and interest in modding the steppe factions, I'd take it into account. Thanks!

Default Re: The CROWNS system

I just want to confirm since i want to make sure my faction heir general become faction leader and if i destroy a faction. My FL should get that traits for crowning requirement right? (Due to political and geography reason i expand NOT to required region for coronation requirement)

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    I just want to confirm since i want to make sure my faction heir general become faction leader and if i destroy a faction. My FL should get that traits for crowning requirement right? (Due to political and geography reason i expand NOT to required region for coronation requirement)
    yes. But there's also a few other ways to get this "legacy" (lvl2)
    ;------------------------------------------- 1->3
    Trigger Fit_for_crown_Legacy
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsFactionLeader
    and FactionIsLocal
    and Trait Crownholder > 0
    and Trait Crownholder < 2
    and Trait FathersLegacy > 1
    and Trait Usurper < 1
    and Trait FactionRegent < 1
    and not FactionExcommunicated

Affects Crownholder 2 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------- 1->2
    Trigger Fit_for_crown_Lands_Conquered

Condition IsFactionLeader
    and FactionIsLocal
    and Trait Crownholder > 0
    and Trait Crownholder < 2
    and Trait FitForOffice > 1
    and Trait Usurper < 1
    and Trait FactionRegent < 1
    and Attribute Piety > 5
    and Attribute Authority > 5
    and not FactionExcommunicated

Affects Crownholder 1 Chance 100
    ;========================================================
    ;------- Proud Legacy ---------------------
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Dads_ProudLegacy_FactionKiller
    WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge

Condition FatherTrait FactionKiller > 0

Affects FathersLegacy 2 Chance 100

Trigger Dads_ProudLegacy_Command

Condition FatherAttribute Command > 9

Affects FathersLegacy 1 Chance 100
    Affects LogisticalSkill 1 Chance 5
    Affects Disciplinarian 1 Chance 30

Trigger Dads_Proudlegacy_Piety

Condition FatherAttribute Piety > 9

Affects Disciplinarian 1 Chance 30

Trigger Dads_Proudlegacy_Authority

Condition FatherAttribute Authority > 9

Trigger Dads_Proudlegacy_GreatVictor3

Condition FatherTrait Vanquisher > 2

Trigger Dads_Proudlegacy_GreatVictor7

Condition FatherTrait Vanquisher > 6

Trigger Dads_Proudlegacy_Crusade

Condition FatherTrait CrusaderHistory > 2

Trigger Dads_Proudlegacy_Jihad

Condition FatherTrait JihadHistory > 2

Trigger Faction_Excommunicated

Condition FatherTrait Excommunication > 0

Affects FathersLegacy -1 Chance 100

Trigger Dad_is_Crowned_King

Condition FatherTrait Crownholder > 3

Trigger Dad_got_Crowned_King1

and not Trait FathersLegacy > 0

Trigger Dad_got_Crowned_King2

and Trait FathersLegacy > 0
    and Trait FathersLegacy < 2

I can't really comprehend the list. If i destroy faction and get my old FL to become king does that mean FH can become king as well?

I'm overwhelmed by the list sorry.

I can't really comprehend the list. If i destroy faction and get my old FL to become king does that mean FH can become king as well?
    I'm overwhelmed by the list sorry.
    Yes, if this FH - the son comes of age after his father destroys that faction (if he's already a teenager - 14yo, is a general on the map - then no).
    Actually, this is indeed a weak point of this method. I didn't think about it.

Yes, if this FH - the son comes of age after his father destroys that faction (if he's already a teenager - 14yo, is a general on the map - then no).
    Actually, this is indeed a weak point of this method. I didn't think about it.
    Ah okay then bravely charging my Caliph is a go then. My Heir is already a 9 star commander with a son on it's own. Thanks!
    Last edited by eyelurker; September 10, 2023 at 08:04 AM.

Ah okay then bravely charging my Caliph is a go then. My Heir is already a 9 star commander with a son on it's own. Thanks!
    In the next version, it will be adjusted along your suggestion:

;------------------------------------------Trigger Dads_Got_Crowned_During_Sons_Life_1

and Trait FathersLegacy < 1

Trigger Dads_Got_Crowned_During_Sons_Life_2

Trigger Dads_Become_FactionKiller_During_Sons_Life_1

and Trait FathersLegacy < 1

Trigger Dads_Become_FactionKiller_During_Sons_Life_2

Hmm. So my FL is in his capital, already have both Fit for the crown and Conqueror trait(as subtitute for lacking the region that i need to hold) and with 20.000 gold in cash and nothing. No crown coronated.

Do i have too many ancilliaries? I think i have 6.

Hmm. So my FL is in his capital, already have both Fit for the crown and Conqueror trait(as subtitute for lacking the region that i need to hold) and with 20.000 gold in cash and nothing. No crown coronated.

Do i have too many ancilliaries? I think i have 6.
    Just destroying a faction doesn't provide sufficient condition for coronation. Enables it for the son. From the info:

\n\nThe provinces required for gaining your faction's crown can be found in the map in the faction panel, while the other requirements are described in the Ruler's relevant trait (you will also receive notifications with this info).\n\nThere is also an easier way to have your ruler crowned, namely having the trait Strong Legacy from his father. In this case, when the king's heir ascends the throne he may be crowned even if he does not have sufficient personal qualities or rule over all required provinces. Instead, he simply inherits his father's crown (provided he has enough money for the coronation ceremony and to cover the running costs of a court).
    {INFO_CROWNS_TITLE}Royal Crowns

Just destroying a faction doesn't provide sufficient condition for coronation. Enables it for the son. From the info:

\n\nThe provinces required for gaining your faction's crown can be found in the map in the faction panel, while the other requirements are described in the Ruler's relevant trait (you will also receive notifications with this info).\n\nThere is also an easier way to have your ruler crowned, namely having the trait Strong Legacy from his father. In this case, when the king's heir ascends the throne he may be crowned even if he does not have sufficient personal qualities or rule over all required provinces. Instead, he simply inherits his father's crown (provided he has enough money for the coronation ceremony and to cover the running costs of a court).
    {INFO_CROWNS_TITLE}Royal Crowns
    Oh bugger. My faction leader did become the beast of a man and Conqueror but by the time he did all of my son have come of age. Hmm but that does means making a strong legacy in the current update is tricky because you somehow need a young enough FL that live long enough to accomplish great feats before his son came of age.

It's quite a setback but for now i can live without crown until i get all the region.

So do I understand correctly that since my FL son has mighty legacy that if I make him my new FL he will be eligible to get crowned even withouth owning all the land? Does this also mean that my current FL could be crowned? I have no idea how the son got mighty legacy tbh, probably something to do with FL winning few heroic victories???

I like the crown system, but the requirement to grab a fixed set of provinces to be eligible and the debuffs of not having the crown being so big kinda force the player to conquer the predescribed provinces which honestly feels kinda not so great. For example in my previous Serbia campaign I would have liked to have byzantines as long term ally in the backa s I conquer europe, but the crown for serbia forces you to start the game by invading the byzantines...

Quote Originally Posted by CleopatraIV View Post
    So do I understand correctly that since my FL son has mighty legacy that if I make him my new FL he will be eligible to get crowned even withouth owning all the land? Does this also mean that my current FL could be crowned? I have no idea how the son got mighty legacy tbh, probably something to do with FL winning few heroic victories???

I like the crown system, but the requirement to grab a fixed set of provinces to be eligible and the debuffs of not having the crown being so big kinda force the player to conquer the predescribed provinces which honestly feels kinda not so great. For example in my previous Serbia campaign I would have liked to have byzantines as long term ally in the backa s I conquer europe, but the crown for serbia forces you to start the game by invading the byzantines...
    {INFO_LEGACIES_BODY}\nThe traits of a father and mother can sometimes be the most important determinants of a child's character. In order to capture this, a sophisticated system (with hundreds of triggers) has been put in place, providing the player with real incentive to care for one's generals and their families. Of course, you may adopt generals from outside the family, or find captains who have distinguished themselves on the battlefield, but in most cases they will have inferior traits in comparison to those generals born into the family. \n\nThe sons of faction leaders may receive additional traits from their fathers. In particular, if the faction leader has achieved one of the following \n(A) has maximum Authority or Piety, \n(B) has won numerous heroic battles and received the trait Renowned Victor, \n(C) has gained the Crown of your faction, or \n(D) has ended another faction's existence (he is a so-called "Faction Killer"), \n then his sons will be held in exceptional esteem by their subjects. As a result, they will have high authority and will be able to inherit the crown without conquering the territories depicted on the map in the faction panel.\n Additionally, to provide for the possibility that that esteem is gained also when the son has already matured, the "Legacy" trait may increase during his life as an adult, if (C) or (D) happens.
    {INFO_LEGACIES_TITLE}What a father passes on to a son

current FL can be crowned only if he controls the necessary lands

the pre-described provinces system is inherited from the base Stainless Steel. the "Legacy" mechanism was added later. The system still may be modified. But one of the roles of this system is to make the turn of the events more historical. So pressure on Serbia to expand in the Balkans is the feature, not the a bug.

Me who spends much of my playthrough ignoring the crown system : Ehh...

The biggest contributor to conquest is your general trait. General with good governor trait or high chivalry/dread will ease your conquest. Otherwise conquering stone wall(and sometime even wooden wall) and above city will require sacking.

Me who spends much of my playthrough ignoring the crown system : Ehh...

The biggest contributor to conquest is your general trait. General with good governor trait or high chivalry/dread will ease your conquest. Otherwise conquering stone wall(and sometime even wooden wall) and above city will require sacking.

The problem isnt unrest in conquered cities, have very little problem with that, just put in decent army and build gallows, or demolish some unrest increasing buildings. The problem is the agressive expansion modifier that if you conquer cities too fast, which without crown seems to be way to easy to do (it would help a lot if we could actually see the current value, as right now it feels kinda random). Get above that and not only will everyone invade you, but all your cities will start revolting. And currently I decided to go for the hard mode of playing a catholic nation, so if everyone hates you you doomed cause everyone includes the pope. Non-catholics have it much easier in this regard.

But honestly, the modifier feels kinda random, In Serbia campaign I got all the lands for a crown by turn 40 and never had the message I am expanding too fast. As Venice I got that message after taking over just half of italy. The only thing I can think of is that they hated that I declared war by sieging a city? I did not capture it on the same turn, cause I know that gives lots of points, I waited a turn specifically not to get more points... So then I waited for like 10-20 turns for points to go down, then joined a crused and ended up conquering the crusade target and whoop, got the message again. The next turn it said it is ok again, so I conquered 2 cities from sicily over next 3 turns and got the too fast expansion message only to get a message saying it is ok again the very next turn...

The problem isnt unrest in conquered cities, have very little problem with that, just put in decent army and build gallows, or demolish some unrest increasing buildings. The problem is the agressive expansion modifier that if you conquer cities too fast, which without crown seems to be way to easy to do (it would help a lot if we could actually see the current value, as right now it feels kinda random). Get above that and not only will everyone invade you, but all your cities will start revolting. And currently I decided to go for the hard mode of playing a catholic nation, so if everyone hates you you doomed cause everyone includes the pope. Non-catholics have it much easier in this regard.

But honestly, the modifier feels kinda random, In Serbia campaign I got all the lands for a crown by turn 40 and never had the message I am expanding too fast. As Venice I got that message after taking over just half of italy. The only thing I can think of is that they hated that I declared war by sieging a city? I did not capture it on the same turn, cause I know that gives lots of points, I waited a turn specifically not to get more points... So then I waited for like 10-20 turns for points to go down, then joined a crused and ended up conquering the crusade target and whoop, got the message again. The next turn it said it is ok again, so I conquered 2 cities from sicily over next 3 turns and got the too fast expansion message only to get a message saying it is ok again the very next turn...
    I got too fast expansion if i conquer 2 province in 1 turn. This is weird for me since i have no problem expanding but my expansion is at it's quickest are 1 settlement/1 turn that will not give me aggresive faction notification.

I guess try to slow down the conquest a bit? Like say after you conquer a settlement demolish and then rebuild Landowner building before conquering again?

I got too fast expansion if i conquer 2 province in 1 turn. This is weird for me since i have no problem expanding but my expansion is at it's quickest are 1 settlement/1 turn that will not give me aggresive faction notification.
    I guess try to slow down the conquest a bit? Like say after you conquer a settlement demolish and then rebuild Landowner building before conquering again?
    Would have to be done differently - the Med2 engine doesn't allow to destroy a precise building after conquest, only buildings of certain type in all settlements.

Would have to be done differently - the Med2 engine doesn't allow to destroy a precise building after conquest, only buildings of certain type in all settlements.
    I mean demolish the landowner building so you rebuild it again in 2 turns. And 2 turns are usually enough to start moving again, maybe require even longer depending on the expansion. And why landowner specificly? To refresh the limited noble manpower or if the religion requirement are insufficient, to refresh the manpiwer after the religion requirement are met(after build : start with 1. If already built : start with 0)

I mean demolish the landowner building so you rebuild it again in 2 turns. And 2 turns are usually enough to start moving again, maybe require even longer depending on the expansion. And why landowner specificly? To refresh the limited noble manpower or if the religion requirement are insufficient, to refresh the manpiwer after the religion requirement are met(after build : start with 1. If already built : start with 0)
    yeas, but how would you code to demolish a landowner building in one settlement? not possible to code, you'd need to code to demolish it in all settlement of the faction.
    actually, I'm thinking about having separate Landowners building chain for each culture. Then it'd be partially possible to be done.