Thread: ahowl11's VE Mod (Main Discussion) v19 New Map, New Factions & Unified Rome

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: ahowl11's VE Mod (Main Discussion) v10 Colonies, Temples & Recruitment

Seems I got it. Too much "one click to install" steam logic made me forget a few things. Like creating & editing shortcuts!

Hey make heavy infantry swordsmen for the Greeks.

Default Re: ahowl11's VE Mod (Main Discussion) v10 Colonies, Temples & Recruitment

In V10 I have no land-bridges. Is this an intended feature or a bug? I read the changelog for V8 and there is supposed to be a land-bridge between Scilly and Italy although I have not tested that specific version.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivi0us View Post
    In V10 I have no land-bridges. Is this an intended feature or a bug? I read the changelog for V8 and there is supposed to be a land-bridge between Scilly and Italy although I have not tested that specific version.
    Thats strange. I’ll make sure they are all present for v11

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Thats strange. I’ll make sure they are all present for v11
    I am glad I found this. Seems like a novel feature. Was going to run an AI campaign to see the effects of land-bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivi0us View Post
    I am glad I found this. Seems like a novel feature. Was going to run an AI campaign to see the effects of land-bridges.
    The map will be completely different in v11 so stay tuned!

The map will be completely different in v11 so stay tuned!
    One aspect of vanilla Rome: Total War that always bothered me was how the roman houses would never have a civil war if you played as a non-roman faction. I tried removing the superfaction line in descr_strat.txt which didn't yield fruit. SPQR would immediately attack usually brutii or scipii. However I changed the core_attitudes to near -500 and this was able to stave off a Civil War until 240BC and that was only one campaign test. There's gotta be a better way. I like the idea of the civil war being unpredictable especially as you are way more vulnerable in the mid-game as a faction. It could be a feature for both playing as Rome and as non-roman. Unfortunately the senate will no longer function if you remove the SPQR superfaction from descr_strat. Perhaps there is a workaround for this somewhere deep in the game. Hopefully it's not hardcoded.

The last frontier. Redefining the Rome Total War civil war mechanics. it's why we all love Vanilla. Other mods do a poor job of recreating it or don't even attempt it in some cases. (you know who you are).

Sorry, but where can I find the download link for the newest version?
    Thanks!

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Legatus Legionarii View Post
    Sorry, but where can I find the download link for the newest version?
    Thanks!
    Errrm it's on this page, just scroll up to find v13
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Errrm it's on this page, just scroll up to find v13
    Ah ok, thanks mate, I thought this was only the link to a patch, not the entire version...

Quote Originally Posted by Legatus Legionarii View Post
    Ah ok, thanks mate, I thought this was only the link to a patch, not the entire version...
    Keep scrolling past that to the release post. There’s a download link near the moddb banner at the bottom

Keep scrolling past that to the release post. There’s a download link near the moddb banner at the bottom
    Thanks! Got it!

Make battles little bit slower, units dying too fast, causing uselessnes of spearmen and light cavalry without pausing micro.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartaen View Post
    Make battles little bit slower, units dying too fast, causing uselessnes of spearmen and light cavalry without pausing micro.
    What units were you using in particular?

I am sorry for answering too late, I was busy. The main problem of fast combat in Total War is that units being unable to hold positions for long. I was testing some custom battles using hellenistic units (espectially hoplites and other non-phalanx spearmen), hastati beats hypaspistai.... 3 words and pain. I think, you've made spearmen units too weak against basic infantry.
    Anyway in v14 seems cavalry got more lifetime and this is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartaen View Post
    I am sorry for answering too late, I was busy. The main problem of fast combat in Total War is that units being unable to hold positions for long. I was testing some custom battles using hellenistic units (espectially hoplites and other non-phalanx spearmen), hastati beats hypaspistai.... 3 words and pain. I think, you've made spearmen units too weak against basic infantry.
    Anyway in v14 seems cavalry got more lifetime and this is good.
    I see, I’ll have a look into the stats and make the elite spear units more lethal. Thanks for the feedback!