Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ahowl11's VE Mod (Main Discussion) v19 New Map, New Factions & Unified Rome

Default Re: ahowl11's VE Mod (Main Discussion) v17 RTR6, Unit Extravaganza, & Spartans

Quote Originally Posted by mathieu57700 View Post
    Is it possible to have this animation for personnal use? I really dislike seeing phalanx fight with one hand.
    Well you can at your own risk. Replace fs_spearman with fs_thp_f_spearman for everyone phalangite unit. The entries are in the descr_model_battle file

However, do not be surprised when the formation bugs out and breaks in half.

Default Re: ahowl11's VE Mod (Main Discussion) v17 RTR6, Unit Extravaganza, & Spartans

Thank you, I will try it.

gamir97's Avatar Laetus

Ahowl11 this is the message I get. I follow the instrutions, in a steam install . thanks for the mod and the help.https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pbyg652pa...%20PM.png?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by gamir97 View Post
    Ahowl11 this is the message I get. I follow the instrutions, in a steam install . thanks for the mod and the help.https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pbyg652pa...%20PM.png?dl=0
    Make sure you don’t have an HRTW folder inside of another HRTW folder. Also make sure it’s in RTW Alexander folder, not RTW Alexander/Alexander.

gamir97's Avatar Laetus

this is how it looks. I think that should be right but no. https://www.dropbox.com/s/otdd17nw8r...%20PM.png?dl=0

this is how it looks. I think that should be right but no. https://www.dropbox.com/s/otdd17nw8r...%20PM.png?dl=0
    Is there another HRTW folder inside of the HRTW folder in the screen?

gamir97's Avatar Laetus

no. inside the folder HRTW is preferences folder. inside it : advice file,keys.dat DAT file,player text document and preferences text document

no. inside the folder HRTW is preferences folder. inside it : advice file,keys.dat DAT file,player text document and preferences text document
    There is the problem. There needs to be a data folder inside of the HRTW file that contains all of the files of the mod. Redownload the mod and make sure you are extracting the file using WinRar to your Rome Total War Alexander folder.

Thanx for telling to switch difficulty from VH to hard, I've been playing this game for so long that usually I need to to very hard to be challenging.

Also I have a problem the game crashes on me when playing Macedon, it happens right after winning a battle against Brutii in Apolonia, I take the city and it crashes. I have tried this 3 times now, and its annoying me. I'm thinking of restarting the campaign.

It only says Rome Total War has stopped working, without any additional info.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesko View Post
    Thanx for telling to switch difficulty from VH to hard, I've been playing this game for so long that usually I need to to very hard to be challenging.

Also I have a problem the game crashes on me when playing Macedon, it happens right after winning a battle against Brutii in Apolonia, I take the city and it crashes. I have tried this 3 times now, and its annoying me. I'm thinking of restarting the campaign.

It only says Rome Total War has stopped working, without any additional info.

Could you upload the save so we can test? Also, please join our discord, it will be easier for you to communicate with us!
    https://discord.gg/kdf7vx

I already moved on from that part, I didn't keep that saved game, however the crashes keep happening anyway. Curiously, only after I fight myself on the battle map, it never happens when I automatically resolve battle. And only sometimes.

I already moved on from that part, I didn't keep that saved game, however the crashes keep happening anyway. Curiously, only after I fight myself on the battle map, it never happens when I automatically resolve battle. And only sometimes.
    Is it after every battle or during battles where the enemy attacks you while you are besieging a settlement? If it’s the latter the game will crash when you take the city, this is a RTW bug. To fix this you must let some survivors escape the battle and then auto resolve the siege on the next turn.
    Also after each battle wait about 30 seconds to a minute before exiting to give the game time to load. A lot of times the game will crash if you exit a battle too quickly. A good way to do this is to view your unit stats after a battle.

It's not just after sieges, I've had crashes after normal battles too. But not every siege or battle, only sometimes, and I haven't been able to discern any pattern to why some and not others. Although, the scenario you mentioned does happen often.

I'll try the thing you suggested, about waiting for awhile after exiting a battle.

It's not just after sieges, I've had crashes after normal battles too. But not every siege or battle, only sometimes, and I haven't been able to discern any pattern to why some and not others. Although, the scenario you mentioned does happen often.

I'll try the thing you suggested, about waiting for awhile after exiting a battle.
    Please keep me updated

gamir97's Avatar Laetus

thanks a lot, I will do it and let you know. very kind of your part to helpe out.

thanks a lot, I will do it and let you know. very kind of your part to helpe out.
    Hopefully it works and you can play soon!

gamir97's Avatar Laetus

yesss, it is working now, thank you so much!!!!!

Hey ahowl,

your new features sound fantastic. I will definitely try it soon because in a few days I have time after the stressful work in the garden center of the past few weeks.Keep it up and don't let Covid19 get you down. Stay healthy my friend... and everyone else here too.

Greets Mag

yesss, it is working now, thank you so much!!!!!
    Glad it works now, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnentius View Post
    Hey ahowl,

your new features sound fantastic. I will definitely try it soon because in a few days I have time after the stressful work in the garden center of the past few weeks.Keep it up and don't let Covid19 get you down. Stay healthy my friend... and everyone else here too.

Greets Mag
    Good to hear from you and hope you’re staying safe as well friend! Have you joined our discord server yet? If not, all of the old RTR8 team would love to see you!

GaivsSejanvs's Avatar Civis

Hi ahowl,
    man! This all reminds me of the good old days... You have a really nice work here!
    Stay healthy and safe mate and mod the thing out of this old game!!

@Magnentius: Good old friend, hope you are also o.k?

Greetings @ll