Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: Rpg Units] RPGu Alpha_02 [upd: feb.27/20]

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Rpg Units] RPGu Alpha_02 [upd: feb.27/20]

I don't find the download link !

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

everything is already inside testudo and testudo only (pick faction packs)
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 27, 2020 at 06:21 AM.

i dont understand the purpose of settler units. are you supposed to recruit them then disband them to just quickly and cheaply reduce the # of that class of citizen in the region vs hiring actual soldiers? or can you actually move pops around that way?

oops never mind i understand now ignore plz

Dankvart's Avatar Foederatus

Hi Jake,

First of all, thank you for Testudo, I'm quite excited with all the ideas you've implementing! Tons of information and stats to learn, but I'm sure I will have fun exploring them all.

Right now I have a question regarding RPGu: any idea why my general with urban administrator unit is considered as provincial governor by the game and penalized heavily for being in the home province?

I play as Arche Bosphorus, my faction leader is also an urban administrator in Pantikapaion, and the one in question sits in Tanais. Also, if it is of any importance, I'm on 12tpy Huge.

Patrician

what kind of army effect icon does it have? cyan + column or blue + laurel?
    I've checked the script and everything seems fine
    how many units does the penalized one has? admins are meant to be single unit army (bodyguard only, basically)
    upload the savegame so I can check what you mean and what's happening

I did not keep the save since the bug was gone once I replaced the general, but I've tried to recreate it and realized what's the cause

The thing is, when you choose bodyguard in this faction, there are 2 seemingly identical options for the urban administrator, both with Bosphoroi Hoplitae. And there's no option for the provincial governor.
    So, the second choice (towards the end of the list) is essentially a governor, although the bodyguard icon looks like and says 'urban admin'.
    Hence, when being garrisoned in the home region that general gets provincial governor penalty, which is properly displayed in his army effect as a red pentagon with laurel symbol.

I've discovered another issue meanwhile. Urban administrator reduces building time by 2 turns. However, in case of Tanais it does not apply to the main building for some reason (other buildings are affected as intended). Same urban admin works fine for the main building in Phanagoreia. So it must be something specifically about Tanais/copper main building.

Also, a question: does urban admin supposed to be so incredibly slow? He left Tanais in May 278 and arrived to Phanagoreia only in February 277. Nine months travel. By the road. Through distance like between Athens and Sparta...
    The effect says -10% campaign map movement, but visually it feels like not more than half of movement that of a land admin general (who has +10%).

I can't attached a savegame, for some reason the forum shows me an error =/

Gladly, you can check out these issues I've described just by starting new cimmerian campaign and deploying those two urban admin generals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails errorforum.jpg  

Patrician

bosphorus admins: I'll have to check, probably some entry is wrong.

2 turns: weird... the time reduction will be for buildings having an urb admin stationed (with 1 turn delay from recruiting). it is weird that for some buildings doesn't work

urb movement: disband them and re-recruit in the new assigned city, they aren't meant to travel, they'll also give penalties to your province

----

thanks for the reports

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Dankvart View Post
    I can't attached a savegame, for some reason the forum shows me an error =/

Gladly, you can check out these issues I've described just by starting new cimmerian campaign and deploying those two urban admin generals
    yeah, effectively there is no need for the save, i can check things without
    you have to zip it if you wanna upload it through TWC, otherwise file type won't be recognized

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Hey, Jake, the playable factions image is not showing. Do you have a list of the working factions? Pergamon isn't one of they, is it?

EDIT: ignored it. I suppose it's the same on the Testudo page and I forgot to active the Pergamon .pack
    Last edited by VektorT; November 24, 2020 at 01:39 PM.

Hey, Jake. To patrol a region and reduce banditry I just need an army there, right? Any army is better than others for it? Does the number of units matter? If last question is yes, does the quality of the unit or the number of troops per unit matter?
    Last edited by VektorT; November 26, 2020 at 09:13 PM.

Patrician

I may plan to introduce a specific patrol RPGu, not sure though
    Yeah, normal stance for levy/regular/professional will give PO/banditry bonuses (prof is better ofc)
    yes, army numbers matter, depending on thresholds
    no, unit quality doesn't matter, script would be really long and I would have to make libraries for a couple of thousands units...

My suggestion: Garrison Army could have a patrol instance or passive bonus that gives it increased efficiency against banditry and/or public order together with the less malus for being garrisoned. Otherwise I really think it doesn't have much use for me that a Levy, Regular or Professional army wouldn't be preferable in a frontier region. Stabilizing newly conquered territories is a whole new level of gameplay apart from fighting the enemy itself: contering the PO and rebellions is a challenge, but right now I still choose a regular army + Urban/Provincial to do this than any Garrison army, since Urban gives more PO and the regular army can not only fight the rebellion but also protect from invasions and invade or raid the enemy. If Garrison Army could also reduce banditry or give some PO bonus (like reducing unrest from slave or different culture) it would be really useful not only fighting off rebellions in newly conquered territories but also moving to already stable regions to help reducing banditry and such.

Patrician

yeah, other guys suggested to make garrison a little more powerful
    I'll do

hi i'm trying to play as Arche Bosphorous and I don't seem to have the Diplomat bodyguard as an option for "raise army". In other games it was there. Do i have to research some tech or is it just broken for this faction? thx

Patrician

yeah there are some errors which I fixed months ago but forgot to update the pack
    use this one
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/jbe66..._FIX.pack/file

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    yeah there are some errors which I fixed months ago but forgot to update the pack
    use this one
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/jbe66..._FIX.pack/file
    hey thanks but its still not working. whether I rename the @@@@@_TESTUDO_1.7_ARCHE_BOSPHORUS_FIX as @@@@@_TESTUDO_1.7_ARCHE_BOSPHORUS and replace my original one, or have both running at the same time. tested it with a new campaign too

Patrician

weird, falco who made me notice the bosphorus bug said it was working fine while using the fix pack
    use the fix pack only not the other rpgu pack for bosphorus, no need to change the name btw

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    weird, falco who made me notice the bosphorus bug said it was working fine while using the fix pack
    use the fix pack only not the other rpgu pack for bosphorus, no need to change the name btw
    yeah thats what I'm doing. still no Diplomats. oh and no cavalry generals at all, although not sure if thats from regular DEI

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast