Thread: Creating a World - Developer's Setup Kit for Sound Editing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Creating a World - Developer's Setup Kit for Sound Editing

Well, I complicated it myself. I found out by comparison unpack cd and steam that 943 files are missing (not counting animals) before I stumbled upon your topic.

By the way, thanks - because I didn’t pay attention to animals (yes, I don’t need wardogs there, but here’s everything else: horses, camels and elephants - it’s very necessary and important)

(I'm not very good with English - it's hard to delve into your guide) but tell me please me in simple language: If we talking about mod for m2tw:
    I still have to:
    •delete 8 sound files: idx and dat)
    •generate new files with these (1009-13 (wardogs)) missing files after puting them to sound folder with all my other mods sounds files?.

In other words, should I do all the same things that I used to do when I packed sounds in my mod before?

Or does your guide show how to pack these voice sound files into the Steam version itself (ie the original game)?

Those. if we are talking about mods (and fixing the missing voice files for the steam on which it runs) - then these missing voice files - will they be in the sounds folder of the mod itself in the end?

And I will have 8 sound files (idx and dat) of the mod - first ones for the cd version and the second ones - for 1.52 (steam)?
    (I don't want mod players to get stressed out by reading all sorts of guides on how to fix this - I want them to have as little body movement as possible before they start playing - because many of them from RF and Ukr and dont know English very well to undaerstand how to use this guide)

thanks in advance for your reply.
    Last edited by Leeekaaa; February 03, 2023 at 02:40 AM.