Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ENGLAND

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: ENGLAND

Quote Originally Posted by Frotzy View Post
    Does it really take hundreds of turns just to unlock longbows?
    What turn number roughly would you unlock them?
    when acutally were the longbow units important on the battlefield? which century it would be "al the rage" weapon?

The Welsh used the longbow to great effect vs the English in their various wars of independence. The irony here is that when the English had their great longbow victory at Crecy the replacement for the bow was already present in the English army. I'm of course referring to the small artillery pieces the English brought. I think that one reason why it took handguns longer to take off in England than on the continent is the longbow culture and it held them back militarily. Elizabethan armies still had men using longbows and bills when armies on the continent were adopting tercio formations.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    when acutally were the longbow units important on the battlefield? which century it would be "al the rage" weapon?
    I don't know, that's why I asked??
    I also don't care about the historical facts (I assume the team balanced historicity and gameplay?), I just wanna know what turn in game they unlock, since I find it difficult reading the code above

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123