Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ALMORAVIDS (Moors, Maghreb)

Default Almoravid

Edit : Sorry misclicked delete this one

Default Almoravid poor starting capital

Now i know historicly Marrakesh is their capital but in game reason i see little reason why i would stay. I can't even get the privy ring(wasir) title because Marrakesh is so woefully undeveloped.

I will probably move to Cordoba to be closer to infidel or Fez. I will probably still do it even if there are event that state that Almoravid become decadent by moving to a more prosperous city or the Berber alienated because i'm integrating the Andalus closer because Marrakesh is just bad.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Almoravid poor starting capital

Historical. This mod is called "Historical Improvement Project" .
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Historical. This mod is called "Historical Improvement Project" .
    Haha yeah. And Almoravid historical capital is in Marrakech. I would have try to build it from ground up but since it lack infrastructure for High minster official title by lacking infrastructure in Marrakesh and no nearby castle for High Marshall and Master of Horse.

Cordoba not only have sufficient infrastructure it also have Granada Fortress nearby and even close to frontier. Cordoba give it all, High Minster title and opportunity for Faction Leader to defend against Iberian incursion.

Hmm. Or maybe i should pick Seville? Unlike Cordoba it has a ports and can give maritime intereset.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I would reckon the capital's condition is part of the challenge to being an alternate history ruler. Of course that very nature means you can move the capital to whatever you wish if you desire. Try both ideas and see what serves you well. Cordoba would seem to be more plausible for someone going truly all in on their conquest of the peninsula though. But again, your kingdom.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    I would reckon the capital's condition is part of the challenge to being an alternate history ruler. Of course that very nature means you can move the capital to whatever you wish if you desire. Try both ideas and see what serves you well. Cordoba would seem to be more plausible for someone going truly all in on their conquest of the peninsula though. But again, your kingdom.
    Thanks.

From what i heard from Marinid sultanate where the capital is Fez it seems Marrakech become a hotbed of rebellion after losing the capital title after 2 dynasty serving as it's capital. Well if Almoravid choose a more prosperous capital it's likely Marrakech will be neglected and resentful.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234