Thread: Please help, I need backup files!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Please help, I need backup files!

So I have installed a Mundus Magnus map for vanilla Rome and forgot to backup original map files. After some experience of gameplay with Mundus Magnus I found it somewhat boring and too huge for faction list.

Can someone send an original campaign map files please?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Please help, I need backup files!

What version are you using e.g retail or Steam?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    What version are you using e.g retail or Steam?
    I have a retail 1.5 RTW.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Not much option but to re-install.

Might want to think of switching over to Steam (for free) for convenience. There you only would have to delete the custom files and run a file verification.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 28, 2019 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Not much option but to re-install.Might want to think of switching over to Steam (for free) for convenience. There you only would have to delete the custom files and run a file verification.
    Sadly I cant reinstall, and even if I could, I wouldnt like to lose some mods and reinstall them too.Anyway, thx for the reply.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Mods are normally installed into their own folders so it shouldn't be a problem to simply make a back up. Might have to redo the desktop shortcuts for them if you don't re-install into the same directory.

I probably don't want to know how you are running the game without the original disk, but it's fairly simple: original files are not uploaded on request as you should be able to recover them with the original disk. See the 'unacceptable uses..' section of the rules here.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 30, 2019 at 10:51 AM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Kartaen View Post
    I have a retail 1.5 RTW.
    If I were you I would take the advice from Gig and get a copy of RTW Gold on Steam.

As Gig pointed out, asking for the original files without having the original disk violates the ToS and therefore I need to close this thread. Do not post a similiar question again, instead send me or one of the other moderators a PM if you want to discuss this matter further.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Mods are normally installed into their own folders so it shouldn't be a problem to simply make a back up. Might have to redo the desktop shortcuts for them if you don't re-install into the same directory.

I probably don't want to know how you are running the game without the original disk, but it's fairly simple: original files are not uploaded on request as you should be able to recover them with the original disk. See the 'unacceptable uses..' section of the rules here.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.