Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLANNED KCC CHANGE FOR SSHIP 0.9.8

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default PLANNED KCC CHANGE FOR SSHIP 0.9.8

PLANNED KCC CHANGE FOR SSHIP 0.9.8

I note here everything that should be done for the next version. For developers, this is important information because each operation will necessarily modify certain files that will have to be adjusted with the other modifications which are not in my domain.

This thread should allow each player to add proposals for the future version. I will regularly update the progress of the work with 3 colors:
    - red: not done
    - orange: in progress
    - green: finished

When I'm not sure which files to work on, I write it down like this: ...?
    This means that any help will be precious to me !

1- Change the princesses for the western factions
    Files to modify: descr_strat, descr_model_strat

2- Changing diplomats for Western factions

3- Change captains for Muslim factions

4- Make the chude militia unit a mercenary unit available to all factions in the northeast
    Files to modify: export_descr_unit, export_descr_buildings, ... ?

5- See how to make Danish bodyguards horse bodyguards
    Files to modify: campaign_script, ... ?

6- Modify Muslim flag doors and non-historical officers
    Files to modify: export_descr_unit, battle_models.modeldb

7- Modify some Islamic units for less anachronisms at the start of the campaign

8- Eliminate the peasants as a fighting unit and review the aspect of non-urban militias
    Files to modify: export_descr_unit, battle_models.modeldb, export_descr_buildings, ...?

9- Remove flagellants and religious fanatics and replace them with a single unit of armed pilgrims
    Files to modify: export_descr_unit, battle_models.modeldb, export_descr_buildings, ...?

10- Make crusaders, sergeants, knights, on foot, in 2 versions for the 12th and 13th centuries

11- Review the Russian, Hungarian and Serbian bodyguards and their mounts for the 12th century part

12- Introduce Mighty Potato units for the 13th century part

13- Review the Iberian units (almughavars, javelinmen ...)
    Files to modify: export_descr_unit, battle_models.modeldb, export_descr_buildings

14- Review the Scandinavian units (Hirdsmen, Hirdmenn, drengjar ...)
    Files to modify: export_descr_unit, battle_models.modeldb, export_descr_buildings

15- There is a pirate ship (hre?) Without texture on the campaign map to correct

Files to modify: descr_srtat, descr_model_strat, ...?

16- Qara khitai rebels have an incorrect model on the campaign map to be replaced by a model of a Mongol general
    Files to modify: campaign_script, ...?

17- Correct hre textures: The Germanic eagle should only have one head
    Files to modify: -

18- Ask Nikossaiz or Lifthrasir to send me the new Byzantine units so that I can replace the current ones

19- Review Scottish units (Did Scots wear kilts in the 12th century ?)

20- Rework Georgian units
    Last edited by kostic; January 26, 2021 at 10:39 AM.

Default Re: PLANNED KCC CHANGE FOR SSHIP 0.9.8

I like your post mate!!! i will propose some things about this thread and possible ideas for you...

For other hand,i would like give you some ideas from a mod that i liked some time ago: Bellum Crucis. If you can, download it and play the last version( Bellum Crucis 7). This mod have unique units, unique buildings and agents... maybe you can obtain ideas for sship, als i think that now it has free content for free use.

Here i give you the manual of Bellum Crucis with valious information. I hope that it would be useful for you. Take a look for religious figures, orders and culture packs.
    And sure you can get some profit and upgrade for sship.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manual de Instrucciones Bellum Crucis 6.3.pdf 
Views:	50 
Size:	7.55 MB 
ID:	363113
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I remember testing this mod.
    It had new units and it was a really big change to M2TW Kingdoms overall.

One detail displeased me: most of the units did not have any upgrades visible on the battlefield and the historical credibility of the costumes was insufficient for me to start a campaign in the 12th century.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I remember testing this mod.
    It had new units and it was a really big change to M2TW Kingdoms overall.

One detail displeased me: most of the units did not have any upgrades visible on the battlefield and the historical credibility of the costumes was insufficient for me to start a campaign in the 12th century.
    Yes, same opinion, but for other hand it had unique units for most factions and other unique things that could get this ideas and "transform" to sship
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

looking forward to seeing the historical units roster for byzantines from Nikkosaiz in sship ...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Great idea to use Mighty Potato's wonderful models in SHIPP. Attached are a few other models you might consider. The Egypt and Turk models are from Dolen's Unit Model Improvement Project for Broken Crescent. I have dismounted some of the models in the images. There are no upgrades for the models. If you are interested in them, I can point out where you can find them in the edu and bmdb of that mod. I simply imported the whole shebang and did not separate out the textures for those specific models. The Denmark units are from Jukoman's Normans Mod, which can be found here: http://imtw.ru/games/game/221-fleur-de-lis-normans/ - though I'm not entirely sure about his policy on the use of his models in public mods. I'm not sure if any of the models are entirely era appropriate for SHIPP, and Dolen's models are quite high polycount, but I thought you might like to consider them as you are thinking about working on the Islamic and Nordic rosters. Thanks for all of your wonderful work, and I am so much looking forward to seeing your beautiful and historically accurate work in the next version of SHIPP!

Name:	kingdoms 2020-12-10 21-40-55-91.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	414.1 KB 
ID:	363186

Name:	kingdoms 2020-12-10 22-10-50-77.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	382.6 KB 
ID:	363187

Name:	kingdoms 2020-12-10 21-51-35-05.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	393.5 KB 
ID:	363188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2020-12-10 22-00-20-92.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	388.6 KB 
ID:	363189
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; December 10, 2020 at 02:30 PM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@Kilgore: the SSHIP is using the Georgian roster from Broken Crescent. Are you aware if somebody has created Georgian units other than from the BC? I'm interested in particular in a weak unit of the highlanders armed with axes (not javs) from the Armenian Highland and Caucasus. Another useful unit would be Foot Aznauri (nobles).

Name:	kingdoms 2020-12-11 03-04-27-38.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	316.7 KB 
ID:	363190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2020-12-11 03-02-07-92.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	404.3 KB 
ID:	363191Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2020-12-11 03-01-53-17.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	392.9 KB 
ID:	363192Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2020-12-11 03-01-14-01.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	372.6 KB 
ID:	363193

Here are some models from a mod called New Teuton, by a guy named Gercog: http://imtw.ru/topic/56786-new-teuton-52/

Apparently there is a new version of New Teuton, this one seemingly featuring the Georgian roster in particular: http://imtw.ru/topic/63212-new-teuton-70-georgia/

I haven't downloaded it yet but will eventually. I know that Kostic has done great work with the early-mid Catholic faction units. Personally, I would not feature virtually any models from the great Broken Crescent mod other than Dolan's as at this point in time they are almost all very dated in appearance and quality compared to the wonderful new models available in mods such as New Teuton. I have spent much time with units from many various mods, and at the moment there is nothing finer than the models presented in New Teuton and The Great Conflicts, other than, of course, Kostic's new models. Once again, I will say that the still as of yet limited work that Mighty Potato has done is also stellar and has been sorely underappreciated (which I hope Kostic will soon remedy). Also quite wonderful are the high medieval models from the newest Italian Wars mod, and if it is ever completed or the units released will be the high medieval period models form Machiavello.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    Apparently there is a new version of New Teuton, this one seemingly featuring the Georgian roster in particular: http://imtw.ru/topic/63212-new-teuton-70-georgia/

I haven't downloaded it yet but will eventually. I know that Kostic has done great work with the early-mid Catholic faction units. Personally, I would not feature virtually any models from the great Broken Crescent mod other than Dolan's as at this point in time they are almost all very dated in appearance and quality compared to the wonderful new models available in mods such as New Teuton. I have spent much time with units from many various mods, and at the moment there is nothing finer than the models presented in New Teuton and The Great Conflicts, other than, of course, Kostic's new models. Once again, I will say that the still as of yet limited work that Mighty Potato has done is also stellar and has been sorely underappreciated (which I hope Kostic will soon remedy). Also quite wonderful are the high medieval models from the newest Italian Wars mod, and if it is ever completed or the units released will be the high medieval period models form Machiavello.
    The question is , are they free to use ? Cause if not , they have to ask for permission from the owner first in order to use their stuff. I know Broken Crescent is free to use , idk about the rest.

Gercog's New Teuton is basically a modmod of DeLosVult with unit models borrowed and perhaps slightly altered from just about everywhere and anywhere. The other big mod on the same sight, Bulat Steel, is basically the similar kind of modmod of Stainless Steel. I believe that some of the models originally came from a modder named Jukoman, who is now producing a mod called Fleur de Lis - Normans, and he has given permission for his models to be used elsewhere if he is given credit. Some of the other models come from other modders who have also given permission, I believe. But at this point, these mods are such a hodgepodge and mishmash of upgrades, alterations, and recombinations of the latest and greatest models and textures available that it may be impossible or at least very difficult to say exactly where many of the models really originally come from, and imho, for the most part probably it really doesn't matter much as almost all of them have been released by the owners as publicly available if credit is given where it is known and can be done. In other words, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it is otherwise known that permission to use any particular model is in fact known to be not given. Once again, I believe that Jukoman, Lezvie, and the other main creators on that site have given permission, and that at this point the idea of share and share alike has become standard of the day.

And once again, I wish to reiterate, that while the models from Broken Crescent were once at the pinnacle of what was available and could be achieved, they are now almost ten years old and for the most part are seriously outdated and terribly outclassed by almost everything else that is out there in the current generation of mods.

Also, I believe that a fair number of the models used in the New Teuton and Bulat Steel mods are actually based on upgrades and alterations of the models from Broken Crescent. As far as the fine models from The Great Conflicts, perhaps permission to use those has not been given, but I think using models from New Teuton should be fine, though I suppose one could look further into it first.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; December 11, 2020 at 03:27 AM.

I do see the following from the New Teuton page:

Many thanks to the creators of 80% of unit, comrade Jukoman and komatozz.

Permission to use content, unit models and icons from this mod in other projects is agreed only through personal correspondence with comrade - blad398
    P.S. Since the release of the new version of the mod, it can only be played, and no one can take content and models from there for public use, this applies to everyone without exception.

I would think that if the units were created by Jukoman and komatozz, then crediting those guys might be enough, though one might also first confirm with blad398 as well. One would think that since his mod is a modmod of DeLosVult and at least the basis for all of the units come from elsewhere, that he shouldn't really mind if the great Stainless Steel / SHIPP team borrowed a few.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; December 11, 2020 at 05:27 AM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

I do see the following from the New Teuton page:

Many thanks to the creators of 80% of unit, comrade Jukoman and komatozz.

Permission to use content, unit models and icons from this mod in other projects is agreed only through personal correspondence with comrade - blad398
    P.S. Since the release of the new version of the mod, it can only be played, and no one can take content and models from there for public use, this applies to everyone without exception.

I would think that if the units were created by Jukoman and komatozz, then crediting those guys might be enough, though one might also first confirm with blad398 as well. One would think that since his mod is a modmod of DeLosVult and at least the basis for all of the units come from elsewhere, that he shouldn't really mind if the great Stainless Steel / SHIPP team borrowed a few.
    Definetely need to ask blad for permission , iirc Bulat Steel does not allow borrowing their assets .

It seems that asking Blad would be the easiest thing to do. On the other hand, it would also seem that if one knew where to find the unadulterated models by Jukoman or komatozz, and simply asked them for permission to use those unadulterated models, that would also suffice. Either way, I would definitely say that it is worth a try for certain rosters that need further work. Much better than used aged models from Broken Crescent, anyway. Of course, as I said in my original post, the beautiful Islamic units from Dolen are freely available with his permission, though they would need some work for the upgrades, if they are not entirely too early to be included.

BTW, where does the "historical units roster for the Byzantines from Nikosaiz" come from?
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; December 11, 2020 at 06:41 AM.

Thank you for sharing.
    I think I will do some work from some units but that I will modify them to integrate the different upgrades. I also want to keep a certain stylistic unity with the whole mod.
    Regarding Georgian units, I still wonder about the real aspect of the units in the 12th century. Apart from the militia that I see on the images above, I find the look very "oriental" while according to some, the spiked helmets would not be present at that time...

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

You realise the TGC mod material such textures , models -INCLUDING HORSES- etc ,is forbiten to use unless we given writen permission. Any addition from TGC mod will have consequences.

We made that clear since day one. Only those that help us with REAL help can have such permision.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; December 11, 2020 at 09:44 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

So these are TGC units ... Don't worry AnthoniusII. I won't use them then.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    So these are TGC units ... Don't worry AnthoniusII. I won't use them then.
    You see i am a man of details. So Absinthia some day sent me a new bow model and i recognise that it was the same old by ots own UV maps. Working on TGC models i could recognise EVEN fragments of them by their unique UV maps!
    I am deadly serius about this.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Sorry Anthoniusll, the above image is from my own personal modification of Stainless Steel and is only for my own private use, not for the public. I really appreciate your great mod and have played it many times already myself. Thanks for all of your wonderful work!

And no, Kostic, those are all Dolan's Unit Model Improvement Project units from Broken Crescent - only the horses in the above image are from TGC. In fact, the original point of all of my posting here was to show you those beautiful units and suggest that you may be interested in considering working with some of them. I guess I shouldn't have included the horses as they are from TGC, so please forgive me for causing that confusion.

P.S. - New Teuton and Bulat Steel are both already using many of Dolen's fine models in their mods, as he has kindly given his permission for their use anywhere at anytime.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; December 11, 2020 at 10:14 AM.

Sorry Anthoniusll, the above image is from my own personal modification of Stainless Steel and is only for my own private use, not for the public. I really appreciate your great mod and have played it many times already myself. Thanks for all of your wonderful work!

And no, Kostic, those are all Dolan's Unit Model Improvement Project units from Broken Crescent - only the horses in the above image are from TGC. In fact, the original point of all of my posting here was to show you those beautiful units and suggest that you may be interested in considering working with some of them. I guess I shouldn't have included the horses as they are from TGC, so please forgive me for causing that confusion.
    In the image i selected there are a couple of shield textures from TGC as well. Even a round curved shield model with 3d boss is from TGC. How do I know that? I have 15 mods in my collection. Only TGC uses 3d parts in any model group thanks to our modelers and me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast