Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PLANNED KCC CHANGE FOR SSHIP 0.9.8

Default Re: PLANNED KCC CHANGE FOR SSHIP 0.9.8

Well, then I guess I've inadvertently done you a favor because I do not even properly know how to successfully mix and match various weapons, armor, and units. I've tried before but have generally failed too many times and have finally totally given up on that because the modders apparently often use different tools and so one needs to learn about attachment points and skeletons and some such things that I do not feel competent to delve in to. But I digress. All of the models in the above images either come directly from Dolen's Unit Model Improvement Project for Broken Crescent, or from New Teuton and Bulat Steel, as they have both freely altered some of Dolen's models to fit their various needs. But that was my point with both of those mods, that there has been so much mixing and matching involved that I doubt anyone (but the original artist, like yourself) can or does keep track of it all. So for the modders of New Teuton or Bulat Steel to proclaim that no one may use their work seems a bit hypocritical to me, but hey, it is what it is, I suppose. Regardless, if you see some of your shield textures being used in the images I attached, Anthoniusll, those are the mods where such sly tinkering was done. I was unaware, but once again, I will state that the above image is from my own personal modification of Stainless Steel and is for my own private use only. Keen eye you've got though, and I do really so much appreciate all of the wonderful work you have done on The Great Conflicts!

P.S. Oh, yes, I know at least one of the models you are referring to. The heavy macemen were originally heavy archers only in the work done by Dolen. So when the modder switched from bow to mace, he may also have changed the shields. Give me a moment to check and I will tell you which of the two mods those particular units came from, though I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the altered models using your shields have been incorporated into both of the aforementioned mods, and possibly other mods on that same site as well. Yes, I just checked. That particular model comes from Bulat Steel.

P.S.S On the other hand, Anthoniusll, if you are referring to the boss on the shield of a light swordsmen, that model actually did come straight from Dolen himself with no further modifications of any kind by the apparently somewhat at times mischievous folk from the Russian gaming site.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; December 11, 2020 at 11:09 AM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Hey Kostic, if you could do my a favor and acknowledge that you understand that the images with the Egyptian and Turkish units that I posted do not in fact contain any unit models (other than the horses) from TGC, and are all (basically) from Dolen's free to use work (with a few shields apparantly from TGC as modded in by the guys from New Teuton and Bulat Steel), I would appreciate it. I just want to know that all of my posting has not been entirely in vain as, once again, the original purpose was to alert you to the possibility of using those particular Dolen created and permission granted by him to freely use Islamic units from the Unit Model Improvement Project for Broken Crescent. Thanks! I'm out. I will post no more as this thread is supposed to be about your plans for your mod, and that is all I really care about anyway. Good luck and thanks again for all of your great work. I am so much looking forward to finally seeing you models in action with the next edition of SHIPP!
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

ireally love the TGC mod! just a small note,i use those units too in a submod for FA,if those shields are from TGC mod then i will remove mine submod and just play it in private time,but i almost sure that a lot of those shields come from ;[Resource] Sumskilz's Models & Textures?????

and some comes to from mount and blade
    getting older

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    ireally love the TGC mod! just a small note,i use those units too in a submod for FA,if those shields are from TGC mod then i will remove mine submod and just play it in private time,but i almost sure that a lot of those shields come from ;[Resource] Sumskilz's Models & Textures?????

Those look nice , i like them. However , the main problem still remains the allowance of using the resources or not.

My advice , lets make a list of units and textures allowed for free use from another mods or mods allowed to be used in this particular mod after asking the creators(SSHIP):

- Mighty Potato's units are allowed.
    -Nikozzais Byzantine units are allowed.
    - Bellum Crucis units are allowed.
    -Broken Crescent units are allowed.
    - Bulat Steel units need permission (no answer yet)
    - Jukomans units should be allowed if he is given credit , should be asked for permission to be certain.
    -Dolens unit ditto , asked for permission to be certain.
    -TGC units are not allowed to be used as stated by AnthoniusII

If you know any more , post them here and i will try to update the list. Also , you can post me links where its clear confirmation we can use other mods assets , such as Dolens if what Killgore said its true.
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; December 11, 2020 at 03:17 PM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post

The material of Sumskilz maybe open sourse like my "Knights Horse" in my Marka Horse creation tutorial . If a source is free then the only obligation is ALWAYS to give the Credits for the original creator.
    Even my self that the oroginal moddelers of TGC are now inactive and i use parts of -TGC's their material- I include them in my credits because that is the fair thing to do.
    We all must be carefull of what is allowed and whet is nor. Its not about a selfish aproach that there is a permenent refusal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Those look nice , i like them. However , the main problem still remains the allowance of using the resources or not.

My advice , lets make a list of units and textures allowed for free use from another mods or mods allowed to be used in this particular mod after asking the creators(SSHIP):

- Mighty Potato's units are allowed.
    -Nikozzais Byzantine units are allowed.
    - Bellum Crucis units are allowed.
    -Broken Crescent units are allowed.
    - Bulat Steel units need permission (no answer yet)
    - Jukomans units should be allowed if he is given credit , should be asked for permission to be certain.
    -Dolens unit ditto , asked for permission to be certain.
    -TGC units are not allowed to be used as stated by AnthoniusII

If you know any more , post them here and i will try to update the list. Also , you can post me links where its clear confirmation we can use other mods assets , such as Dolens if what Killgore said its true.
    That is the best you can do.
    In every case help and advices can be given as I did with numerus modders like those that have been given to me years ago.
    But RESPECT is the key word. In my messages inbox there is a file with the name "permision messages". Also in TGC there are textures that REAL historians and artists like Timothy Dawson, A.D.Ammato and G.Rava and mr Katsikes allowed to use ONLY for TGC mod inorder to give their writen permisions. That ties my hands because i can not betray their trust.
    Another isuue. Koultouras may made a faction for Broken Cresent with TGC materials but even if that was his creations his work was for Broken Cresent ONLY. That was his term and I can not change his mind unless someone finds him and have his writen permision.
    Later when TGC will be released we will publish materials that will make mods easily to complete.
    Models, weapons, textures (that we are allowed to give) and a Komnenean new Roster for Byzantines via the CBUR unit creation Project..
    Untill then please respect our desision. If anyone can help TGC to finish in any way we are not ungreatfull. We can give access to materials exclusively for his mod in return. But in the 15 years of development only a bunch of modders realy helped but there were many expected to "plunder" our work. That is ungreatfull in my point of view.
    I hope that i was clear and i haven't heard like a selfish man that keeps his work only for him self.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Yes, we know you AnthoniusII, and we know you're not selfish but you're sensitive to any misusue of your or another moder work. I actually think that at some point you'd come to a thought that your meticulous work could be re-used beyond 1072 and maybe a SSHIP would be a mod of your choice. But I thing neither you nor we are ready, we all have much other things to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12