Thread: Stainless Steel for Mac?

Default Stainless Steel for Mac?

Has anybody had any success installing this mod using the Mac version of MTW2 on Steam? Wine is unfortunately not an option for me due to my OS, but I have had success with other mods when downloading them as zip files. Is this possible for Steel? Thank you!

Default Re: Stainless Steel for Mac?

Yes! All you need is to install it on windows steam version, run setup and configure it fo yourself ! Then copy ss6.3 folder on mac in mods directory! Type -features.mod=mods/SS6.3 in properties and play! But to many crashes with latest version...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hfJ...RwjRNVIO9/view here is stable version whic i use on MAC (with BugFix 1.26)

So

You need to install SS on windows copy of Medieval ( i not recomend you latest all in one installer) (here is old version with 6.3 and 6.4 separately https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hfJ...RwjRNVIO9/view )
    Run setup and configure it for yourself
    And just copy folder from mods to MacOS mods folder with (for Steam version type in properties -features.mod=mods/SS6.3)
    I have two folders with early and late campaign (ss6.3early and SS6.3late)
    If i need change campaign i just change -features.mod=mods/SS6.3early or -features.mod=mods/SS6.3late

I have M2TW definitive edition on Steam

Hey there! Thank you so much for responding and sorry I didnt see this for a few months. I downloaded the file you linked to on your post and worked with it for a while but no success. Ive only managed to get a "Stainless Steel bug fix compilation" image to flash before being sent right back to my desktop. This happened after I copied the "SS6.3" folder that was with the "Bug Fix" in the download to my mods folder in my Steam directory. I havent been able to figure out what to do with the folder that has "SS6.3" macOS binary files and "SS6.4" windows exe. file. This is as far as Ive gotten. I feel like Im close to getting it, but any more hints would be helpful! Thank you so much!

Also, this flash only happens when i type " --features.mod=mods/SS6.3" into properties. The example of that code you gave shows only one "-" before "features". is that a typo or is it supposed to be "--"?

The start up code for Europa Barbarorum starts with "--" so I figured I'd ask.

Thank You!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

There are several discussions in this forum that might help.

i still play this way

the folder with the mod is pre-created on Windows, then it is simply copied to the mac

correct inscription --features.mod=mods/SS6.3

Quote Originally Posted by Nautillus View Post
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hfJ...RwjRNVIO9/view here is stable version whic i use on MAC (with BugFix 1.26)
    Can you try re-uploading it? It says that I need an access key in order to download it

Yeah, can you reupload it? I'm on linux