Thread: SS 6.4 download link?

Icon1 SS 6.4 download link?

I recently came back to Medieval 2 after being away for years. I saw this mod is still being worked which I am so very happy to know but I have a problem.

The installation for this mod says that I need a clean SS 6.4 Install with no mods or bugfixes including the Bugfix compilation. But I can only find links for versions of SS6.4 that already come with the bugfix compilation. How am I suppose to install SSHIP then?

Or can I just use this version anyway, and simply don't select anything, during the setup unless SSHIP requires me to?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 31, 2021 at 02:07 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: SS 6.4 download link?

Well, that's the question - I don't know if the game would play with the Gigantus' version.

During the weekend, I'll make another upload my folder with the current version - this might be the easiest way for you to be able to play the SSHIP.

JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Well, that's the question - I don't know if the game would play with the Gigantus' version.

During the weekend, I'll make another upload my folder with the current version - this might be the easiest way for you to be able to play the SSHIP.

JoC
    Thank you for the information. I guess I could try installing SSHIP on it and report back if it's working or not, while you upload your version.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken2007 View Post
    Thank you for the information. I guess I could try installing SSHIP on it and report back if it's working or not, while you upload your version.
    This would be very helpful. And provide us with your impressions - this would be very valuable given that you know Med2 but you don't know SSHIP.
    Besides, be aware that the mods can have sometimes problems with .exe (I usually have both kingdom.exe and medieval.exe in my main directory, both were treated with the LAA (look at the web if you don't know what it is), by simply copying one of the files under another name - I don't recall which is the base one).

This would be very helpful. And provide us with your impressions - this would be very valuable given that you know Med2 but you don't know SSHIP.
    Besides, be aware that the mods can have sometimes problems with .exe (I usually have both kingdom.exe and medieval.exe in my main directory, both were treated with the LAA (look at the web if you don't know what it is), by simply copying one of the files under another name - I don't recall which is the base one).
    Cool. I'll have a go with it and then I'll come back to report if anything happens.

I'm here to report back that sadly you get quite a bit of crashes like this. Some battles don't start, they just crash, sometimes starting the campaign crashes depending on the faction, etc. I guess the compilation is messing with it in some way.

May I recommend in the next version, just release SSHIP with SS6.4 and anything else included in it as well? That would make things easier for everyone I believe. Like how you're doing now with your own upload. Make that official.

Sorry to bring this thread up again, but could you upload your folder to Google Drive perhaps? I can't download it from mega.nz as it keeps asking me to pay for a subscription.

i have installed SS with Gigantus installer which has bugfix compilation do i just delete it and install everything with that link you provided which you said it has full SS6.4, SSHIP 097, KCC 095 and all new things that SSHIP v98 has ???

If somebody could upload the files into the Google drive, this would be helpful for @Draken. I don't have it, sorry.

@MoBo - yes, simply delete what you've had instlled and upload my file. There's everything.

@Jurand Thank you and i also actually want another uploader cuz Mega wants you to subscribe

I was able to get the "older" SS6.3 and 6.4 from MODDB and installed everything correctly and all seems to be working. Time to finally play this beauty!