Thread: [help] How to edit what characters are generated with "seek spouse"?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [help] How to edit what characters are generated with "seek spouse"?

I want to edit characters that generate when you do the "seek spouse" action.
    E.g. I'd like for less metal/fire generals to spawn this way.

Is it possible? Which table contains the numbers?

Default Re: [help] How to edit what characters are generated with "seek spouse"?

If there's any ratio for spawning characters, I imagine it's in the character_generation_template table, but I don't believe there's a separate one for generic ones spawned by events. If you change the weights in the template table, you'll change them for all generation points.

I'd check the scripts and try to find the function for the seek spouse option. You might be able to influence it there.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

Default Re: [help] How to edit what characters are generated with "seek spouse"?

Thanks. I have no experience with scripts, but I'll take a look at it. Where could I find them?

Oh, and I have few more questions if you wouldn't mind. What does the "weight" and "weighted" mean in the tables. This wasn't in previous TW's, afaik.
    And in the table: "character_generation_template_game_mode_details_tables" if I untick the "Is Deployable" in the characters line, does it mean the character won't spawn or that he/she cannot become a general or minister or something?

Quote Originally Posted by vavrinko View Post
    Thanks. I have no experience with scripts, but I'll take a look at it. Where could I find them?
    data.pack -> script/campaign contains the script files that you'll need to look through

There's a lot of them, so be warned.

Oh, and I have few more questions if you wouldn't mind. What does the "weight" and "weighted" mean in the tables. This wasn't in previous TW's, afaik.
    Weight is a modifier placed on the outcome of a function. In this case, weight is how much more likely a certain character is to be spawned compared to others. A weight of 1 is the baseline. Less than 1 would mean that the character is relatively less likely to be spawned compared to characters whose weight is 1, and vice versa for a weight more than 1.

And in the table: "character_generation_template_game_mode_details_tables" if I untick the "Is Deployable" in the characters line, does it mean the character won't spawn or that he/she cannot become a general or minister or something?
    "Is deployable" is unticked for characters who can occupy faction offices and provide faction bonuses, but cannot take a position on the campaign map, so no generals or administrators. This is mostly used with the emperor, empress, and eunuchs in the Mandate of Heaven start.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

I see. That's what I wanted to hear. XD
    You just made modding this game much easier for me.

Many thanks, friend.