Thread: Later game Romans on SSHIP

Default Later game Romans on SSHIP

With the most recent iterations of SSHIP, how are folks approaching the late game with the Romans? I've noticed that Scholarii are now much weaker than in prior versions and "vanilla" SS 6.4 (they are now weaker than heavy Boyars, Kapikulu and Gothic Knights for example), while Varangians are weaker than Egyptian and Khwarzem Axe units now too. What types of army composition and tactics are recommended with the post 1300 game for the Romans? Are mounted archers and Guard Pikeman the best combo later? Any help and tips about how to play the romans late and strongest troops would be much appreciated! Thanks all for this amazing mod!

Default Re: Later game Romans on SSHIP

I'm still in the early stages of my Roman campaign, I'll be sure to post here when I get to 1300s and let you know how I approach it. Ideally by 1300 infrastructure will be built up to the point I can churn out armies

I am only up to turn 50 myself! Based on unit tests it really seems like the only viable option for the Romans late vs western heavy cav would the Siphonatores sadly, and as they are kinda gimmicky I wish the Romans had some more later army options.

The menaulion should be recruitable earlier on as they're the Roman's only answer to heavy cav.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephalophore View Post
    The menaulion should be recruitable earlier on as they're the Roman's only answer to heavy cav.
    Yes, I proposed that a while ago about Roman units and their recruitment.

Here the proposal:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...homaion)/page5
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Yes, I proposed that a while ago about Roman units and their recruitment.

Here the proposal:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...homaion)/page5
    I agree and I love the proposals! Another option would be to make Scholarii only recreuitable in Constantinople and restore their stats to where they were in past versions of SSHIP and SS,