Thread: Hire graphic designer

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Icon1 Hire graphic designer

Guys do you think we should do a bank account number?
    Those who love this game will pay the money. With this money we will hire professional graphic designers And everything will be done quickly.

Forgive me if I break the rules
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 17, 2022 at 01:26 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Hire graphic designer

No, this is absolutely not planned for the SSHIP. I haven't consulted it with the colleagues, but I cannot imagine myself doing any stuff for the mod if any money is involved.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

For example, I would pay the amount for this mod. If you Write bank account number .

Of course as much as I can

When money are involved it changes everything - rules, copyrights, people feel entitled to demand a product for their money, etc. I completely agree with Jurand.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I think there are ways to solve this. Only with enthusiasm does things move slowly. Finally we get old and we no longer want gaming: D

I'm going to learn 3D , I will be glad if I can help Theam
    Last edited by Khevsur; November 29, 2021 at 02:27 PM.

It's a risky things anyway, if you put a price tag on someone else product without any permissions

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Don't even think it's legally ok , iirc you are using the tools and whatever provided by CA/Sega/whoever made the game for free , if you start asking money for things made in their game , you can start a Conflict of Interests and it can lead to your mod getting shut down immediately.

As long as it's seen as Voluntary Work ( for free) there are no problems ,once you ask money for something it's already sold by another company ( Medieval 2 tw main game is sold already by CA /Sega) you are doing illegal work. Pretty sure there is a statement in the Medieval 2 installer (for people who even read that old thing at this point) where it states that the game is owned by the ones who made m2tw and mods are ,,theirs'' as well , at least legally speaking.

Totally illegal, only because the team of Bulat Steel does it doesn't mean others should follow them in their shady practices

And from a ethic point of view, I'm totally against it. The purpose of modding should be introducing more and more people to it, not creating barriers

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

But enthusiastic case will be done a lot of years late. I think free donation is not a crime.

for example. If I would give money to a graphic designer and it paste in game their own graphic models, is not a illegal
    Last edited by Khevsur; November 30, 2021 at 07:53 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    I'm going to learn 3D , I will be glad if I can help Theam
    More than 10 years ago I wanted to accelarate the modeling phase of TGC mod despite the fact that TGC had numerus renown moddelers like:
    Ansinthia
    Mathaeus
    Lord_Calidor
    Sumskilz
    Koultouras
    Socal_Infidel and many other plus two of the greatest skiners ever passed TWC Leif_Erikson and Pacco.
    I started a thread with the title "Help me getting started"....
    They gave me advices and saw my constant development through out the years. When all those retired I left alone to make models you see in TGC's previews or like this:

My advice is this: Go to Workshop and search Ishan's tutorial that there is a PDF document with images and step by step creating new versions of models.
    After that use GOM and GOAT 1.1 tools to try to create your own versions.
    I remember that inorder to succefully make my first Archer unit:

I soend an entire day and night untill i will come to a result.
    We all started from 0 . No one ever came here knowing everything. If you realy want to help the mod here start learning.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

AnthoniusII

Thank you, please Link Upload.

In past we talked about the Georgian heavy armoured cavalry.You have not believed that Georgians had a heavy armored cavalry. But I showed you a Byzantine source about georgian heavy armored cavalry.
    Last edited by Khevsur; November 30, 2021 at 09:21 AM.

Khevsur, you disagree with many people on historical Georgian units and I think that it would be great if you could channel your expertise into creating these units rather than engaging in discourse that leads nowhere.

In simpler words. You should focus on creating Georgian units because none of us apparently know how to do it correctly.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

@caphalophore
    I am always ready to help team

Thanks to everyone who created this wonderful mod
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 01, 2021 at 03:31 AM.

its illegal to modder to ask for money, but not let people donate what they want to thanks them. Why dont u propose to just donate?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Arthalion View Post
    its illegal to modder to ask for money, but not let people donate what they want to thanks them. Why dont u propose to just donate?
    How? There is no account number

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I think the OP here is in good faith just asking for a method to donate to the team. Which I think is reasonable, but could still cause issues when money is involved in the development process. For many groups, M2 mods included, it is principally better to just work off one's own passions and let the favor of the audience be the 'payment'.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Now I'm not sure on how many people are involved it the development but there comes also the issue with distributing money to all the people involved.

Best would be if the team was in need of some software/equipment to be able to make MODing life easier. Then the donations would go to something specific instead of payment raw cash. How to control that the donations actually went to that software/equipment is something I'm not the man to answer on.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Personally, I am absolutely reluctant to put money into the making of the mod.
    You forget that the most important is passion and envy. Not the remuneration.

Most modders started out by modifying little things for their own game.
    With the experience and amount of modifications made, they then came up with submodels in which they could freely express their own desires. Then they were invited to work on more collective projects like SSHIP.

So take this path friend, then you will be much less frustrated not to see the units as you dream them!

The director of a collective mod like SSHIP has to be flexible if he wants the project to move forward. He will have the last word to suggest his wishes to his team.
    He was chosen as a leader, as much for his diplomatic skills as for his vision of the project, his knowledge of the history and rules of the forum.
    It is above all for him to decide if he accepts that financial donations come to modify the course of the mod.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Is it clear. Close this thread.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Before the moderators close that thread few words to avoid misunderstandings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephalophore View Post
    Khevsur, you disagree with many people on historical Georgian units and I think that it would be great if you could channel your expertise into creating these units rather than engaging in discourse that leads nowhere.

In simpler words. You should focus on creating Georgian units because none of us apparently know how to do it correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    @caphalophore
    I am always ready to help team

Thanks to everyone who created this wonderful mod
    The answer that follows is for both.
    Once upon a time there was a mod created secretly with the name Dominion of the Sword. I was the 3rd oldest member of that team only as researcher. Once we had an exelent moddeler that created models better even than those that Rusichi team created but disapeared in few days never uploading his work. The need to find someone to make a Byzantine Roster became crusial and that was the starting point of CBUR Project. When I saw that not only Dominion of the Sword needed such an addition we gave our permision to over than 40 mods. Our example followed another modder later creating knights and sicilian normans. Its not a bad idea to create a Georgian unit roster and have it as free source to mods that might need such addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthalion View Post
    Donation proved a double edged knife in modding community. Many modders after Rome II and Attila TW officialy gave their mods for free but inorder to "unlock the best part of their mod " yo0u have to "donate" aka pay and that is ilegal with A/SEGA's tolerance that awarded those modders against its own rules. So paying for something FREE is ilegal and imoral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    I think the OP here is in good faith just asking for a method to donate to the team. Which I think is reasonable, but could still cause issues when money is involved in the development process. For many groups, M2 mods included, it is principally better to just work off one's own passions and let the favor of the audience be the 'payment'.
    See my answer above. While donation may be an act of good faith it may become a tool for some to get rich on the shoulders of his teammates. AN example:
    I remake all the models of TGC to be the same style. But the original creators were the source of my work. If I ask a donation shouldn't the original creators have part of the money themselves too? See the delima?
    Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Personally, I am absolutely reluctant to put money into the making of the mod.
    You forget that the most important is passion and envy. Not the remuneration.

Most modders started out by modifying little things for their own game.
    With the experience and amount of modifications made, they then came up with submodels in which they could freely express their own desires. Then they were invited to work on more collective projects like SSHIP.

So take this path friend, then you will be much less frustrated not to see the units as you dream them!

The director of a collective mod like SSHIP has to be flexible if he wants the project to move forward. He will have the last word to suggest his wishes to his team.
    He was chosen as a leader, as much for his diplomatic skills as for his vision of the project, his knowledge of the history and rules of the forum.
    It is above all for him to decide if he accepts that financial donations come to modify the course of the mod.
    Its true. Most modders simply do their dreams come true by their mods.
    PS: The PC of mine is 14 years old. When I played TW games I spent money in an Internet Cafe that isntalled TW games and the mods i played and started my career there. The GREEK community one day sent me a check that almost all members donated secretly from me an ammount of money to add to my stash of maney to buy a PC. Since that day I made a promise to them (no matter if they are inactive anymore) that TGC will be finished on their behalf.
    CAUTION: I would NOT recoment such actions. Because no matter of how good intentions the donators may have the one that will recieve the money may NOT use it for the purpose it was gathered.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.