Thread: Minimizing Byzantine territory for SSHIP 9.8

Icon5 Minimizing Byzantine territory for SSHIP 9.8

Sup guys.

Came across this article post a couple days ago from back in 2020 (https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...pire-Territory) where "a Dictators Cigar" managed to reduce the Byzantine starting territories down to only Constantinople. I first tried downloading his modified descr_strat file just to see if it would be compatible with 9.8, and unsurprisingly, it wasn't. After that I followed the instructions made by Jurand of Caracow, but I am having a bit of trouble.

In short, I've copy-pasted the byzantine starting territories over to the "slaves" and tried to do the same with the generals that are situated in aforementioned cities/castles. I am pretty sure that the issue I am causing is that I am messing up how I swap the generals over, but I am honestly confused as to how best I should do it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Minimizing Byzantine territory for SSHIP 9.8

There might be problem with the names ownership of the units (maybe the slave faction doesn't have the same units as the byzantine faciton), or with the names (although it shouldn't be, hmm).

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    There might be problem with the names ownership of the units (maybe the slave faction doesn't have the same units as the byzantine faciton), or with the names (although it shouldn't be, hmm).
    Exactly on point @Jurand, the names of the units in the edited descr_strat file are out-dated.

@GSutt, I'm currently in the process of testing the newest version of the mod which will be public in few days, along with it's publication I will be creating the "Campaign Exchange Thread", in it I will be posting the required files for the following custom campaigns:

The Byzantium Campaign starting with only Constantinople (READY) And
    The Return of the Franks, a French Crusades Based Campaign starting at 1220AD (45% complete).

stay posted in the upcoming days.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

A useful program in such acitivities is always the WinMerge - you can easily trace if and what was changed in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    A useful program in such acitivities is always the WinMerge - you can easily trace if and what was changed in the meantime.
    Got it!

Quote Originally Posted by a Dictator's Cigar View Post
    Exactly on point @Jurand, the names of the units in the edited descr_strat file are out-dated.

@GSutt, I'm currently in the process of testing the newest version of the mod which will be public in few days, along with it's publication I will be creating the "Campaign Exchange Thread", in it I will be posting the required files for the following custom campaigns:

The Byzantium Campaign starting with only Constantinople (READY) And
    The Return of the Franks, a French Crusades Based Campaign starting at 1220AD (45% complete).

stay posted in the upcoming days.
    Bless your freaking soul man.