Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIPLOMACY GUIDE - for ver. 0.98

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: DIPLOMACY GUIDE - for ver. 0.98

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    On the other hand, you have to try to make the settlements and regions take longer to convert to your religion, currently you can convert them in few turns...
    Ok, next time the parameters of conversion will be significantly lowered:

<founding_conversion_default_rate float="0.001"/> <!-- SSHIP092:0.0 -->
    <neighbour_normalise_weight float="0.005"/> <!-- SSHIP092:0.025 - so now it's very low-->
    <governor_conversion_rate_offset float="0.001"/> <!-- SSHIP092:0.0025 - 0.25% conversion per 1 piety - was perhaps too high -->
    <governor_conversion_rate_modifier float="0.001"/> <!-- SSHIP092:0.001 -->
    <spy_conversion_rate_offset float="0.001"/> <!-- SSHIP092:0.001 -->
    <spy_conversion_rate_modifier float="0.002"/> <!-- SSHIP092:0.002 -->
    <owner_conversion_default_rate float="0.005"/> <!-- SSHIP092:0.005 - from 098 there's a script setting this for each settlement each turn -->
    <spy_conversion_rate_foreign_modifier float="0.001"/> <!-- SSHIP092:0.0 -->

Default Re: This mod has reinvigorated my love for Medieval 2

Since there's such recent talk about the AI & initiation of war on here, I'll borrow this thread to ask you @Macaras, do you know if it would be possible to make the AI not start wars via port blockades? Or how do you see it, is it even something you'd wish to prevent?

Recently on different saves Denmark has started a war on multiple occasions against me (Norway) by blockading Anslo. On one save even Scotland did this on the very same port with just one ship, even though the port at Bergvin would've been closer, and even though they never sent any troops to disembark on any settlement, but rather sent a princess to ask for a ceasefire. It seems the AI is quite trigger-happy to blockade a port if the relations drop to so-so or poor, without ever really wanting to wage war.

I'm not familiar with the M2TW syntax, but could something like this be implemented and a wanted behaviour:

PortBlockading
    if atWarWith [port_faction] {
    blockade [port]
    }
    else {
    prevent command
    }

Default Re: This mod has reinvigorated my love for Medieval 2

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    Since there's such recent talk about the AI & initiation of war on here, I'll borrow this thread to ask you @Macaras, do you know if it would be possible to make the AI not start wars via port blockades? Or how do you see it, is it even something you'd wish to prevent?

Recently on different saves Denmark has started a war on multiple occasions against me (Norway) by blockading Anslo. On one save even Scotland did this on the very same port with just one ship, even though the port at Bergvin would've been closer, and even though they never sent any troops to disembark on any settlement, but rather sent a princess to ask for a ceasefire. It seems the AI is quite trigger-happy to blockade a port if the relations drop to so-so or poor, without ever really wanting to wage war.

I'm not familiar with the M2TW syntax, but could something like this be implemented and a wanted behaviour:

PortBlockading
    if atWarWith [port_faction] {
    blockade [port]
    }
    else {
    prevent command
    }
    Unfortunately there is no way of implementing something like this.. It is a problem well known I guess since the vanila mtw2. The only way I know to surely prevent port blockades is when AI cannot start wars with non-neighbors. Its possible to do, but then it also blocks invasions through the sea. So AI will invade through the sea only when the war was already going. It means that for example England will never invade France when they are at peace and England is expelled from the mainland, the italian republics will not attack through the sea first, Sicily Byzantium etc. So what I did is to make attacking non-neighbors possible for only those factions that are historical enemies. It's kind of middle ground. So in case of Norway its exactly Scotland and Denmark. As always something for something...

Default Re: DIPLOMACY GUIDE - for ver. 0.98

Ah, another unfortunate feature of the engine, but a good solution to limit it to historical rivalries :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12