Thread: IMPROVED DESCRIPTIONS AND STATS BY J.A.LUNA

Default IMPROVED DESCRIPTIONS AND STATS BY J.A.LUNA

Hello to all sship fans and developers!!!!, paying attention to the developers of this magnificent mod, I have created a "minimod" in terms of descriptions and stats of more historical and logical units, currently it worked well for the April 2022 version and previous versions so that perhaps in future versions it will have to be modified so that it works correctly.
    Although I always suggest that before overwriting any minimod you save the original mod files in a separate folder.

In the future I would like to continue and focus on improving more historical descriptions as well as noble titles for all factions and that the sship developers can include it with its corresponding modifications in the following versions of the mod.

It makes the units more real and historical and also some definitions and historical titles of some factions, here I leave my changelog:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1.frighten_foot attribute---Most professional troops with 2-handed axes have the "frigthen_foot nearby enemies" attribute, to make the fear that their opponents would have to feel when facing such a feared weapon more realistic in the game as well as to its power to penetrate armor and break formations.
    This attribute of terrifying enemy infantry has also been added to the heaviest cavalry in the game such as Katapraktoi or other cavalry that were covered in armor and offered a powerful shock force against the enemy.

2.shield_wall formation--- This attribute has been included in most Roman (Byzantine) infantry units as well as their elite units to reflect the legacy of Roman formations in their army as well as the famous "fulkum" of the Byzantine infantry.
    This attribute has also been added to many Scandinavian units for their famous use of the shield wall in their tactics and in some European and Eastern elite units (such as knights, ghulams, caliphal guard...), as well as for urban militias.
    Few units will have the "shiltrom" attribute except Scottish units, in most units it was more common to use the shield wall.

3.In addition, for singular and exceptional units such as the naffatun or siphonatores, both attributes of scaring mounted units and infantry have been added (Everyone would be afraid of dying burned by this type of fire).

4.Improved unit descriptions as well as updated unit names for better immersion in the game.

5.Improvement in the names and titles of the characters on the campaign map, especially for Castilians, Aragonese, Portuguese and Byzantines.

6.Improvement in morale and resistance stats for certain units such as militias and elite units, as well as modifications in morale for certain units (units traditionally more trained by their culture in war) such as Scandinavians or Berbers

7. Some Scandinavian and Rus Units have bonuses in woods and snow due to their natural range.

8. Berber, Bedouin and African units have desert bonuses due to their natural range.

LINK TO MEGA FOR DOWNLOAD THE ARCHIVE

https://mega.nz/file/ANAgERIb#CrwMGd...nSmpWB63TbOAIU

THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Default Re: IMPROVED DESCRIPTIONS AND STATS BY J.A.LUNA

j.a.luna - maybe you would like to consider also giving a spear units bonuses against the cavalry ?

; stat_pri_attr
    ; primary weapon attributes any or all of
    ; ap = armour piercing. Only counts half of target's armour
    ; bp = body piercing. Missile can pass through men and hit those behind
    ; spear = Used for long spears. Gives bonuses fighting cavalry, and penalties against infantry
    ; long_pike = Use very long pikes. Phalanx capable units only
    ; short_pike = Use shorter than normal spears.
    ; prec = Missile weapon is only thrown/ fired just before charging into combat
    ; thrown = The missile type if thrown rather than fired
    ; launching = attack may throw target men into the air
    ; area = attack affects an area, not just one man
    ; spear & light_spear = The unit when braced has various protecting mechanisms versus cavalry charges from the front
    ; spear_bonus_x = attack bonus against cavalry. x = 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12

for example in buff&shine and other mods I saw many spearmen with a similar lines:

stat_pri_attr light_spear, spear_bonus_8

All the heavy spearmen could have bonuses like 10, 12 and light spearmen 6,8 for example.

I tested it once, long time ago and I liked the results, but it would be nice if some other people tested it and share the impressions. I personally think the cavalry is overpowered - this could fix a problem.

Good to know this information!!! But could you send me the archives to modify?? Because i have old archives and this can have failures in the mod...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I don't have any archives of this. This is exactly the point - you would need to do it yourself - adding the bonus to all the spearmen units in the most recent EDU.txt file. (the small comments that I send before are from export_description_unit.txt.) We are going to publish the new version soon, so maybe you will be able to work with that. Its just my suggestion, maybe its worth to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    I don't have any archives of this. This is exactly the point - you would need to do it yourself - adding the bonus to all the spearmen units in the most recent EDU.txt file. (the small comments that I send before are from export_description_unit.txt.) We are going to publish the new version soon, so maybe you will be able to work with that. Its just my suggestion, maybe its worth to try it.
    Yes Macaras, i want this, the new archives for modify because my current archives are old and possible it can cause problems with new versions, the problem with all this is that I will have to do all the work again so that there are no errors... but I will follow your advice and wait for the next version to continue with this minimod.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I love this submod especially with its focus on the improved names and formation options. I still am wondering about the balance of the Roman cavalry in the later game. The Scholarii still only have a secondary mace attack of 4 while they are substantially outclassed by the Rus and Islamic heavy cavalry, shouldnt their stats be a little higher considering their elite status? I appreciate any feedback as I am considering making some unit stat tweaks myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Megas_Doux7 View Post
    I love this submod especially with its focus on the improved names and formation options. I still am wondering about the balance of the Roman cavalry in the later game. The Scholarii still only have a secondary mace attack of 4 while they are substantially outclassed by the Rus and Islamic heavy cavalry, shouldnt their stats be a little higher considering their elite status? I appreciate any feedback as I am considering making some unit stat tweaks myself!
    Thank you for your evaluation Mega Doux!
    I am currently with the unit descriptions and transferring the old work to the new September version, since it had errors when overwriting with the old April version... Maybe I will also have a new update for December and if they want the sship developers can meditate whether to include it in the original mod.
    Regarding the stats, I have only touched the attributes and morale, not the attack or defense stats...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,