Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.98 - August 10th, 2023

All these modifications seem exciting to me

@Jurand: As I already wrote to you, I would really like you to add a script to add my garrison units in this version. Without a first validated test of their good integration into the game, I will not have the courage to embark on the construction of additional models for the late part of the Middle Ages.

@Jurand: if you didn't, I strongly suggest to add second-third level of gibbets building, as a temporary bandaid. It is near impossible to hold order in citadels

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @Jurand: As I already wrote to you, I would really like you to add a script to add my garrison units in this version. Without a first validated test of their good integration into the game, I will not have the courage to embark on the construction of additional models for the late part of the Middle Ages.
    Hi Kostic, adding the script will take some time. Also verifying if everything works ok will be time-consuming.
    However, these units are integrated in the game and we'll be able to test if they work ok. It's exactly why it's good to have them - we'll test how do they behave. I've played a few battles with stacks of new units, and everything was ok.
    So I'll publish the March 2024 version now, and the garrison script will be added in the next version.
    JoC

EDIT: The link to the new version is to be found in the first entry of this thread.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 27, 2024 at 03:45 PM.

Default Re: NEW! SSHIP ver. 0.98 - March 27th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Congratulations Jurand, Belovčse, Macaras, kostic, and also the description writers and proofreaders on the release of the new version! Can't wait to test it out as soon as I have the time, the change log offered lots of improvements into a good direction

Oh yeah! new version! It's always gratifying to see that sship mod is active and continuing to improve! Furthermore, seeing that my historical descriptions have been added will give me the courage to continue doing more about it for the next version, which will be even better.Congratulations for all the sship team guys
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Thanks for this new version It's still SSHIP 098, but I hope it will make VH campaigns more playable, with AI less artificially boosted than in August's version

Who can post the latest version on https://catalogue.smods.ru or on moddb?

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Thanks for this new version It's still SSHIP 098, but I hope it will make VH campaigns more playable, with AI less artificially boosted than in August's version
    Yeah, the AI should get less recruitment boost indeed.
    The game should play differently now: as you can get a lot of money from personally winning difficult battles (please, report on the Camp Sacked mechanism mechanism), the disadvantages of being at war are now smallers. It's been for long my reservation to both the Total War and the Paradox' games that the best strategy is: stay in peace, wait for your neighbours to fight each other and thus exhaust the resources (money, recruitment pools), and then attack the weaker one killing it at low cost. With more money from battles and the need for the experience of generals to run your kingdom, one should experience the benefits of waging wars.
    In the Throne of Brittania there's a special paramater "War fever" (or something like this) that was going down unless you fight somebody - this was an attempt to fix this issue by CA. The Camp Sacked with the traits for generals should somehow play the same gampeplay-role.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Yeah, the AI should get less recruitment boost indeed.
    The game should play differently now: as you can get a lot of money from personally winning difficult battles (please, report on the Camp Sacked mechanism mechanism), the disadvantages of being at war are now smallers. It's been for long my reservation to both the Total War and the Paradox' games that the best strategy is: stay in peace, wait for your neighbours to fight each other and thus exhaust the resources (money, recruitment pools), and then attack the weaker one killing it at low cost. With more money from battles and the need for the experience of generals to run your kingdom, one should experience the benefits of waging wars.
    In the Throne of Brittania there's a special paramater "War fever" (or something like this) that was going down unless you fight somebody - this was an attempt to fix this issue by CA. The Camp Sacked with the traits for generals should somehow play the same gampeplay-role.

Foederatus

I dont seem to figure out how to get access to this "Light swordmen" unit as england, but I do get "light men at arms" already...
    Is this working as intended? How do I get the light swordmen? I thought they are the earlier version of lmaa

Quote Originally Posted by Asake View Post
    I dont seem to figure out how to get access to this "Light swordmen" unit as england, but I do get "light men at arms" already...
    Is this working as intended? How do I get the light swordmen? I thought they are the earlier version of lmaa
    by design, these are alternatives: factions get access to one or the other.

Sana Kan's Avatar Libertus

Hey guys, if it is possible, could you please post the updated version of the mod on moddb for those of us without Mega accounts? Pretty pls.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Random Question for all the modders , not necessarily the SSHIP team only.

Would it be possible to have a script where , if your Faction Leader has 6-7 + authority , you could denounce and execute one of your nobles / family members?

This way, the player would be able to protect his interests and family tree even more i assume, and iirc there were plenty of times nobles were accused of treason / plotting and were executed. Of course, this would only happen when the Faction Leader had most of control over the faction ( hence the high authority requirement ).

No - you cannot kill a character by script. The kill_character console command doesn't work, afaik.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    No - you cannot kill a character by script. The kill_character console command doesn't work, afaik.
    Indeed , i think this was the case with Rome Total War as well , that command seems to have been disabled by the devs themselves. Bummer, i guess, thanks for clarification, Jurand.

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Cleaning my PC due to some issues. Have some leftover building icons which I have no use for, since I am not satisfied with how they look. There is only few of them. Posting here in case you may have some use of them.Leftover.rar
    I see you have new version of mod available. Sorry to fail to deliver the descriptions for Vár before it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Majkl View Post
    Cleaning my PC due to some issues. Have some leftover building icons which I have no use for, since I am not satisfied with how they look. There is only few of them. Posting here in case you may have some use of them.Leftover.rar
    I see you have new version of mod available. Sorry to fail to deliver the descriptions for Vár before it happened.
    I think the descriptions for Var you've produced are included.

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Yup. I have some more written but not finished yet. I just did not post cuz, you know, life stuff gets in the way as usual. :/
    Congratulation on another release. Nice to see progress is being made. Browsing discord from time to time I often have impression as if people just gave up on historical mods and all focus is on fantasy mods.
    Last edited by Majkl; April 01, 2024 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majkl View Post
    Yup. I have some more written but not finished yet. I just did not post cuz, you know, life stuff gets in the way as usual. :/
    Hi @Majkl, if you know hungarian medieval history, maybe you could add in the hungarian thread some information about a future hungarian unit roster? With maybe some unique units for them. In my case, when i have more time i will improve historical descriptions for units and also a future iberian unit roster...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

After a few hours' testing with the Kingdom of Jerusalem, I can say that the winnings system after a victorious battle is a damn good idea, and that it works like a charm!
    Thanks @Jurand!