Thread: Bastards Only!!

Alex(España)'s Avatar Civis

Default Bastards Only!!

Hi, i have a issue with newborn when are men in my England campaign. All of them are bastards(only men), If were 1 or 2 is ok but everyone?!! I have 5 bastards right now and is specially painful that 2 of 3(the third have 11 years so dont know if he will be bastard too)sons of Henry Plantagenet are bastards....

I think this must be a bug that needs fixing xd

Thanks for your help.

(Best mod Med2 for me)
    Last edited by Alex(España); May 06, 2024 at 06:47 AM.
    Si en el frente veis a unos soldados sucios, mal afeitados, con el uniforme desabrochado y las botas rotas, cuadraos ante el, es un héroe, es un español.

Sobre los muchachos de la División Azul.

Default Re: Bastards Only!!

a bug hahaha. shouldn't have married an ugly wife. its going to be a painful fight for the throne when that lecherous old man dies

Default Re: Bastards Only!!

Don't think this is a bug. There is quite a lot of traits that can cause this. For example if your general has spent many years in a settlement with a pleasure palace or brothel etc, its only a matter of chance until he probably decides to go in if he has a lot of other despicable traits. Try looking for traits that seem deplorable in his description. Also has to do with the wife traits, if she is... to be generous... not attractive... there is a big chance he will father children from a more attractive woman in secrecy. The traits for wife just say "decrease chance of having children" but think of it as "decreased chance for HER, not him".

Overall this is very annoying, but makes sense historically for some minded individuals. And if one is a bastard, theres a pretty good chance he didn't stop with one with that woman so... also the fact that if one is known as bastard the nobles may look down on any others as potential bastard too. So, in my eyes, not a bug, but unlucky, but also not to be unexpected!