Thread: Late game musketeers

Default Late game musketeers

Hello, i'm in turn 450, i would like to know if we can unlock ottoman musketeers in this submod ? Thanks

Default Re: Late game musketeers

I don't know about this specific unit, but I know a lot of late-game units, especially gunpowder are not included in SSHIP Early Campaign (as of yet). I've gotten to year 1340 without getting any gunpowder units at all, even if I have the gunsmith+cannon maker building.

The focus of the mod as of yet seems to be mostly focused on pre-1300 gameplay. Perhaps in the future gunpowder units that were added in Stainless Steel will be fully implemented, but a lot of late era units are only in custom battles on the latest version of SSHIP. This is just what I've noticed after years of playing with SSHIP and Stainless Steel, but if I am wrong please someone from the mod team let me know.

I saw only the first cannon and first hand gunners so far

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

It is very likely that late units will not be fully implemented in the SSHIP campaign. I've personally never gone to the 14th century, but that's because I'm focusing on the 12th and 13th century units currently. Their recruitment essentially depends on the EDB file (export_descr_building) and I think that the latter still needs to be worked on to correct the appearance of units in the appropriate centuries.