Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: NEW VERSION AVAILABLE - SSHIP 0.98, June 2023

I hope that in a few days you will have more followers and more new players who will know the new version because I have put several ads with the new link announcing sship mod on various social networks and online platforms.
    There are already many people who say that sship mod is like a medieval 3!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

This would be worth a submission to the front page too if you haven't gone for one already. Fine work from everyone, this mod is practically the flagship of TWC modding!
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

very good . However, I think many units are unnecessary. Units of the same class are often repeated. Many factions have uncharacteristic units. Hopefully vanilla units will be replaced. It would be good if in the future icons of the units will be made - currently it is chaos. More historical weaponry and visuals would be nice. I'm in favor of - fewer units and more historical accuracy With good artistic decoration. Units taken from different mods don't look good artistically. It also seems that they are missing a lot of armor and Helmets- It would be good if the Armenian, Cuman and Eastern units were more historical

As for Georgia, there is no need for crossbow shooters. European-type peasants will probably be replaced by Georgian peasants in the future. Georgian units hired outside of Georgia were probably -Aznauri and Mokme (Msakhureuli ) Cavalry. It is known that Georgian Cavalry participated in Byzantine and Mongol wars
    Last edited by Khevsur; June 22, 2023 at 11:42 AM.
    Georgian Medieval Shields By Khevsur

https://www.mediafire.com/file/017uq....2023.rar/file

Congratulations on the new update excellent wok as usual.

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

great! time for the annual SSHIP playthrough.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by valerius karamanus View Post
    great! time for the annual SSHIP playthrough.
    You're welcome! You're the player who played the longest game with the 2022 edition of the SSHIP - see here.
    If you'd provide multiple saves, as last time, this will help to see how the game evolves. I'm just now interested how fast the AI builds up the settlements - I've noticed in the 300-turn saves that it has fortresses and large cities all around. I don't know if it's a good thing or not.
    Or how many princesses are around - I've lowered the frequency of the AI factions to get them by 50%, what should make them much rarer (one should go to the monastery before another one appears). But it's to be seen in practice.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Congratulations on this new release. As I will be absent this month of July, unfortunately I will not be able to test it right away.
    I did not have time to provide my improvements on the units, in particular those concerning the feudal knights.
    I will resume activity partially in August. Good game everyone ! I can't wait to read the feedback on this new version.

Wow, thank you so much for the continuous work!
    I'm on vacation in Denmark at the moment (near Aarhus) and will absolutely start a Denmark campaign when I'm back 😄

Was the Konungahella raided event removed from Norway in the June version or is it tied to the financial aid script? I chose no for the financial aid in the beginning, and the Konungahella event never triggered in the early turns. Not a big deal, as it looks like you can start recruiting Spear Militia for Norway once you get to upgrade town watch to a town guard, so basically the loss is only Burislev the Bloody and his troops not appearing, but he isn't the mightiest of generals

Also is the financial aid decision supposed to pop up every time you load a save? Currently it appears in the beginning of a new campaign + every time you load a save. Not a big deal either, as it only requires one click each time to choose no every day when returning to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    Was the Konungahella raided event removed from Norway in the June version or is it tied to the financial aid script? I chose no for the financial aid in the beginning, and the Konungahella event never triggered in the early turns. Not a big deal, as it looks like you can start recruiting Spear Militia for Norway once you get to upgrade town watch to a town guard, so basically the loss is only Burislev the Bloody and his troops not appearing, but he isn't the mightiest of generals

Also is the financial aid decision supposed to pop up every time you load a save? Currently it appears in the beginning of a new campaign + every time you load a save. Not a big deal either, as it only requires one click each time to choose no every day when returning to the game.
    it should fire at turn 7/8
    if not I_EventCounter NORWAY2_KONUNGAHELLA == 1
    and I_TurnNumber > 5
    and RandomPercent > 50

log -------------------- Norway evolution: (2) KONUNGAHELLA ----------------------------------------
    ;;;;;;;;;; re-mod the building when the one for Scandinavia is ready
    historic_event NORWAY2_KONUNGAHELLA factions { poland, hre, france, england, scotland, norway, lithuania, kievan_rus, russia, }
    console_command create_building Bergen chude2_town
    spawn_army
    faction norway
    character Burislev, named character, age 38, x 178, y 263
    traits CounterOfBattles 5, NaturalMilitarySkill 3 , GoodCommander 1 , Hardened 3 , StrategyDread 2 , Bloodthirsty 1 , Berserker 3 , Paranoia 2
    unit Chude Militia exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Chude Militia exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Chude Militia exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    however, the other event (Walruses) seem to be indeed badly coded. But Konungahalla should be there...

interesting observation on the save! I was unaware, I'll check.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    it should fire at turn 7/8

however, the other event (Walruses) seem to be indeed badly coded. But Konungahalla should be there...
    I did three quick tests besides my current save:

A) Playing Norway, no to financial aid, taking Skara before turn 5
    B) Playing Norway, yes to financial aid, taking Skara before turn 5
    C) Playing Norway, yes to financial aid, not taking Skara at all

I ran all tests until turn 11, and the Konungahella raided event never appeared on any of the tests. In the May version the event fired on each gameplay with Norway at around what you said, turn 6-8. Must be some kind of regression with it in the June version. I had forgotten it adds the chude town in Bergvin, as those troops are quite expensive to recruit considering their stats. And not getting Burislev the Bloody isn't a big loss. The only noticeable small harm is not being able to recruit Spear Militia in Anslo for free upkeep before you get to upgrade the Town watch into a Town guard.

---

What does the Walruses event do, is it a bigger loss for playing Norway?

---

Another small thing: the Disaster strikes Aleppo event has now a yes/no option. I've no idea, if choosing one or the other option has any effect on the event itself though.

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    I did three quick tests besides my current save:

A) Playing Norway, no to financial aid, taking Skara before turn 5
    B) Playing Norway, yes to financial aid, taking Skara before turn 5
    C) Playing Norway, yes to financial aid, not taking Skara at all

I ran all tests until turn 11, and the Konungahella raided event never appeared on any of the tests. In the May version the event fired on each gameplay with Norway at around what you said, turn 6-8. Must be some kind of regression with it in the June version. I had forgotten it adds the chude town in Bergvin, as those troops are quite expensive to recruit considering their stats. And not getting Burislev the Bloody isn't a big loss. The only noticeable small harm is not being able to recruit Spear Militia in Anslo for free upkeep before you get to upgrade the Town watch into a Town guard.

---

What does the Walruses event do, is it a bigger loss for playing Norway?

---

Another small thing: the Disaster strikes Aleppo event has now a yes/no option. I've no idea, if choosing one or the other option has any effect on the event itself though.
    I can't understand why...
    waluses give some taxes - as it was in history: hunters from Island
    aleppo no problem and no difference and thanks for of the info!

can someone tell me where I paste the patch file? I've downloaded it but I don't know where I'm supposed to put this.

Quote Originally Posted by neversummer168 View Post
    can someone tell me where I paste the patch file? I've downloaded it but I don't know where I'm supposed to put this.
    it is within folder structure so it should be easy.
    but if you've extracted only the file then:
    first you need to know where you installation of Medieval2 is - but you know it as you've installed the mod
    after you enter the mod folder
    then /data/text/
    and here that file goes

Here are my saves of a rather passive build up campaign with Norway on the June version + patch 25.06, it's a zip containing saves from turns 25, 50, 75, 100 & 125. As you can see, Kong Magnus is still alive even though I've been hoping for his demise for almost 20 years already

Bugs:

1. I used console commands create_unit & add_money [negative amount] to circumvent the farm estates recruitment bug, although it wasn't clean of course as it didn't lower the recruitment pool available.
    2. As I've reported earlier, Konungahella never got raided, so no Spear Militia and their free upkeep in some of the settlements from early game onwards, no chudies, and no Burislev the Bloody. Coincidentally the firstborn son of Magnus was named Burislev, and his first son too, who unfortunately died when defending Skara together with his uncle Valdemar.
    3. Albigensian heresy event has kept popping up every turn or so once it first fired.
    4. Heavy mail event popped up on turn 120 or 121 was it. I've no idea if this is early or not?
    5. Somehow the Eric event fired perhaps on turn 121-122 or so even though I or Denmark didn't hold Turku. I did hold Sigtuna though, and as you can see from the last save, I could now build the first stage of the Uppsala Domkyrka if I wanted.

Diplomacy

1. I kinda messed up the campaign at times as I actively sought for peace with Denmark even though they attacked me multiple times. At times it would've been more beneficial to have the war ongoing to go for their settlements without such big of a reputation penalty or the pope intervening, as the pope was quite aggressive to order a ceasefire if I initiated war. Getting a peace with the Danes wasn't too hard at all, but there were some turns when they would refuse and the relations worsened by making another suggestion right away. I never paid them anything for a truce.
    2. Maybe two or three times out of all the times Denmark initiated war happened by them blockading the port of Anslo, which felt a bit artificial. IIRC the very first war they started against me began by such way, and on at least one occasion I even had my fleet of then three ships (a dragon boat + two longboats) on that exact port, whilst the blockading fleet consisted of two Danish dragon boats, which I sunk the next turn for a nasty reputational cost between me and the pope.
    3. Other than that their main land target was obviously Skara, but they landed troops on Gotland two to three times too, and once even attacked Sigtuna by land. They never came for Anslo or Bergvin.
    4. The attacks felt quite well sized when compared to my garrisons - no overpowered stacks nor just a few units sieging a bigger garrison. Two battles when defending Skara and one when defending Visby were very narrow victories for myself.
    5. Denmark was very aggressively expansionist in the beginning of the game regarding rebel settlements. As you can see, they took Liubice, Stettin, Brenna, Prague AND Visby too, but I snatched the latter from them at some point. These uncontested conquests made them quite strong. I'd like to say I remember someone else writing about AI Denmark becoming also strong in their save?
    6. Only Poland attacked Denmark once, and IIRC Denmark attacked Poland on one other occasion too. HRE never waged war against Denmark even though at one point both myself and Poland were at war with the Danes.

Miscellaneous

1. As always, I moved the Norwegian capital to Anslo on turn 1. I'll try my next Norse save with a more historical touch, i.e. not relocating the seat of power, to see if it's possible to play with all that corruption even in Scandinavian settlements.
    2. If moving the capital, playing without financial aid is perfectly doable & enjoyable! Just requires careful planning and disbanding some of the initial troops.
    3. Veidimenn are an awesome unit in siege defenses Never bothered to recruit any Svenner cavalry, as they are expensive to recruit, but have horrendous stats. Recruited landowner units very sparingly due to their high upkeep costs.
    4. Crusades were a bit of a pain, as it's a long way from Scandinavia to the Holy Land, but if you move maximum distances, the troops get weary, despondent and even worse. But that's how it is, don't know if there would be a realistically acceptable solution.
    5. College of Cardinals keeps full. Some countries get many, even up to four seats at times, but I guess that would just represent the power division in the Catholic world; bigger kingdoms get more power.
    6. Not a single crash during those 125 turns. Overall a nice experience even with the few bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    it is within folder structure so it should be easy.
    but if you've extracted only the file then:
    first you need to know where you installation of Medieval2 is - but you know it as you've installed the mod
    after you enter the mod folder
    then /data/text/
    and here that file goes

Last dumb question. Every time I go to play the game I have to reconfigure my graphics, make it widescreen, etc. Any way to do that permanently? It used to do that with the other version of SSHIP (it saved all those custom settings).

Just apply 'read only' attribute to the config file.

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

I've finished a few campaigns now and got deep into a few more.
    Is there any particular feedback you are looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    I've finished a few campaigns now and got deep into a few more.
    Is there any particular feedback you are looking for?
    Could you look in the siege defense script? It should be easy to install and I wonder what will be your impressions, and if it works. It works in my installation, but j.a. luna tried it and it seemed like it didn't really trigger.
    And besides, what we did recently - if there are agents, bishops etc in the late game, if there are some errors, how do the mongols behave?

LITTLE REVIEW OF MY SICILIAN CAMPAIGN (YEAR 1171), JUNE 2023 VERSION, VH/VH , Only general can attack, Select heir scrip On.

Here is a small review of my current campaign.
    I have a difficult but exciting campaign, it is true that sometimes I have to reload the battles to not lose, and even so they are making it difficult for me... I have wars with Moors, Egyptians and Venetians(they attack me), as well as Serbs and Byzantines (these latter it was my fault for invading their territories).
    Alliances with HRE and Hungary ( Reasonable and Amiable relations)

-The Pope excommunicates those who attack me like the Venetians but it is difficult to reach a peace agreement.

-It's really cool to arrange marriage with other factions as well as "collect" different types of royal blood, for example in my heir's son I have Sicilian, German and Pisan blood, and I plan to marry him to a princess from another faction, maybe Moors to be in peace...I think it would be great if you could inherit other kingdoms through blood ties, and if they don't have more descendants you could claim the throne (via script???)

-On the other hand, I have witnessed that the Macaras script is not carried out or I hardly notice it, I continue to go out with my knights for the siege machines and sometimes the units crowd together.

-The Albigensian Crusade event appears several times in different turns, I think that in this event the game could spam heretical figures(rebels heretics agents) in the south of France and rebel armies( rebel religious fanatics and pilgrims with militia and some knights) pretending this event.

-I have noticed that in the Moorish and Egyptian armies they use a large number of "Arab infantry" sometimes up to 10 units of these and they do not use many missile units, they combine infantry with cavalry and their landowners units, I think the Muslims lack more crossbow type units, I already said at the time to transform the andalusian archers into andalusian crossbowmen... I think at least for the moors should use more berber units than arab units (down the refill of arab infantry for them).

-The Moors have Portugal as a vassal since almost the beginning of the game, and the Castilians and Aragonese have not been at war with them for a long time, they only have me as an enemy and they send me up to 3 stacks full of army. Isn't there a way for the Iberian Christian factions to confront their invaders?

-many times you randomly go to war with some factions because simply an enemy ship blocks your port... I think this should be avoided in the AI, since it hurts your diplomatic relations practically because of this mistake...

-I see too many spearmen units for the Italians, as I mentioned before, the spearmen could be eliminated by an "Italian Spadaccini", so there would be more variety of units. See the link--- https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...4#post16146674

-I also want to say that I only have one merchant (I have a bug, I should have 2) and spies I can hire many, assassin and priest I can only 1 same as the diplomat but thanks to the princesses and noble ladies I can talk with other factions.

-A review of the recruitment of the military orders is urgently needed, I have good relations with the Pope but my reputation is not very good, therefore I cannot recruit them... I think that it would only be enough to have good relations with the Pope, in addition to each some time to be able to recruit them as a normal unit in areas historically of religious conflicts (Iberian Peninsula with the Reconquest, Baltic with the teutonic crusades and of course the Holy Land).

- Now College of Cardinal is full and they continue with more cardenals, many agents in the map ( princess, assasins, spy, diplomats...)

- Script select heir is going well, and i prefer this but i miss some civil war... With this script is not possible?
    I'll keep giving more feedback with images and saves, the mod is really cool even if you can polish some more things, it's really challenging and historical!!!
    Last edited by j.a.luna; July 09, 2023 at 03:59 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW