Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 version 2022/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by ilnurMeft View Post
    Hello and congratulations with this newest release! I apologise if this was asked before, but is it possible to enable the Hard/Very Hard mechanics (army supply system, army morale) on the normal difficulty?

I've heard about the AI being quite hardcore on H/VH, so I am thinking about starting on the normal first. However, I still wish to see these mechanics present.
    This would be very laborious. However, I think @Macaras is able to tell you how to enable the previous AI, that was much more tamed. You'd be able to play on VH but with a lenient AI and diplomacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaku View Post
    recruiting Slavic Javelins as mercs costs 1/3 of recruiting them in castles. a nice discount but maybe unintended.
    are the Mongols incapable of building navies?
    got Szekes to 30k+ pop with all constructions except Blacksmith and Siege Works yet was unable to upgrade. not sure why.
    Slavic Javelins - you're right, I'll fix it, thanks!
    iirc Mongols cannot build navies, intentional in SS (maybe to be reconsidered...)

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    A question for the current version, when is possible convert a city in a castle and viceversa??? In my egyptian campaign i can convert the castle of Asqalan in a largue town, and the fortress of Acre in a city, and the wooden castle of Aqabah in a town BUT for Cairo, Qus, Dumyat and Alexandria can not convert them in castles... is it a bug or is it intentional? And why is it that some do and others don't?
    They are too big for conversion. The highest level that can be converted into castle is large town:
    Code:
    building convert_to_castle{
      convert_to convert_to_city
      levels village_to_wooden_castle small_town_to_stone_keep large_town_to_castle
      {
        village_to_wooden_castle city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
        {
          convert_to 0
          capability
          {
          }
          material wooden
          construction  2
          cost  1250
          settlement_min village
          upgrades
          {
            small_town_to_stone_keep
          }
        }
        small_town_to_stone_keep city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
        {
          convert_to 1
          capability
          {
          }
          material wooden
          construction  3
          cost  2500
          settlement_min town
          upgrades
          {
            large_town_to_castle
          }
        }
        large_town_to_castle city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
        {
          convert_to 2
          capability
          {
          }
          material wooden
          construction  5
          cost  4750
          settlement_min large_town
          upgrades
          { 
          }
        }    
      }
      plugins
      {
      }
    }
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 15, 2022 at 03:47 PM.