Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022

How to prevent AI spawn so many armies? Decrease king purse?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sokol1982 View Post
    As i thunk now SSHIP the best or one of the best for sure mods for M2TW. But what happened with my game... I played Novgorod, easy killed Litva and after that for financial purposes declare war Poland. I killed many armies of Poland and for sure i had to be kill Poland or make peace on my advantage, but i saw Poland armies again and again... ​So, i think, there are must be some decreace on Poland finances or armies spawn. Sry, for my English.
    How to prevent AI spawn so many armies? Decrease king purse?
    Can you elaborate what does it mean "again and again"?
    Decreasing king's purse wouldn't help much - it perhaps enables like 8 heavy units, and you probably mean more armies?
    If you could upload a few saves or pictures to look at this phenomenon, it would be useful.

I reinstalled the mod, so i have no save, and it will not show the problem. I mean that when i fighting Lithuania the game was ok, but when started war with Poland (immediatelly) i killed so many Poland armies (big enough armies) that when saw 3 about full stacks of Poland, i just decided that AI have too many bonuses for more or less authentic game, and i want to prevent this fact, making AI less money or may be put away spawning stacks in campaign script (if it there are). So, i asked you, like one of creators of this really fine taste mod, what i should do?

can i suggest reducing the number of unit types the muslim factions get from the landowner building, as most of them have 4 units others 5.
    this makes the AI more inclined to train these units more and they get 4/5 of them at once, as opposed to other non-muslim factions that get 2.
    maybe a good way is to give each faction 2 unit types that match what they used historically, or maybe to compensate for whatever weakness their armies have.

I reinstalled the mod, so i have no save, and it will not show the problem. I mean that when i fighting Lithuania the game was ok, but when started war with Poland (immediatelly) i killed so many Poland armies (big enough armies) that when saw 3 about full stacks of Poland, i just decided that AI have too many bonuses for more or less authentic game, and i want to prevent this fact, making AI less money or may be put away spawning stacks in campaign script (if it there are). So, i asked you, like one of creators of this really fine taste mod, what i should do?
    If you mean current game, changing anything in scipt will not help (it's loaded only once, at the beginning of the game). If you mean a new game, then you may change the script.
    For me, the issue is: I need to understand where these Polish armies coming from. Three full stack is a lot, theoretically possible but unlikely. There are no scipted armies like this, the only additional initial one may consist of 4-6 units. And you mean there're many more. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by SkarinV View Post
    can i suggest reducing the number of unit types the muslim factions get from the landowner building, as most of them have 4 units others 5.
    this makes the AI more inclined to train these units more and they get 4/5 of them at once, as opposed to other non-muslim factions that get 2.
    maybe a good way is to give each faction 2 unit types that match what they used historically, or maybe to compensate for whatever weakness their armies have.
    yes, that was the idea. More units is a mistake. We'll get ourselves together to delete those additional ones.

it would be better to just limit them then delete them.

about the comment of too many armies, on medium the AI would barely have a stack or two, now that i tried hard, everyone has 3 to 4 stack minimum.
    if you want i'll upload a save so you can see.

it would be better to just limit them then delete them.

about the comment of too many armies, on medium the AI would barely have a stack or two, now that i tried hard, everyone has 3 to 4 stack minimum.
    if you want i'll upload a save so you can see.
    Anyway, there'll be fewer initial units from the upper levels of the Landowners. Combined with the low recruitment pools' refill, it should be enough to limit the number of the Muslim heavy units.

What I'm really interested in is if there are any magically appearing AI units - what Sokol's reports would hint at (so many armies?). This is always possible - if there's somewhere an error in coding and the AI gets unlimited pools (then it's only limited by money). I've seen it happaning in regard to the player - for an unknown reason, there's been once an unlimited number of bodyguards, just in certain cities. We've disabled recruitment of bodyguards for the player as a result. It may also by the case with the AI, but we don't know it being not the AI.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 10, 2023 at 02:03 AM.

Anesthetize's Avatar Tiro

Hello, I don't know if this is a good place to ask but everywhere else on the SS forum seems pretty dead so here goes.
    Got a real inkling to play SS after not having done so for about 10 years (around the time when SSHIP first came up as an idea), but I'm mostly looking for a relatively stable nostalgic experience at this time. Is SSHIP at that point now where I can expect something like that? Actual activity in the subforum is a big plus, but if there is a lot of issues to still iron out I guess I'd rather just go base mod... What are your thoughts?
    Sorry if this is a silly question, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Anesthetize View Post
    Hello, I don't know if this is a good place to ask but everywhere else on the SS forum seems pretty dead so here goes.
    Got a real inkling to play SS after not having done so for about 10 years (around the time when SSHIP first came up as an idea), but I'm mostly looking for a relatively stable nostalgic experience at this time. Is SSHIP at that point now where I can expect something like that? Actual activity in the subforum is a big plus, but if there is a lot of issues to still iron out I guess I'd rather just go base mod... What are your thoughts?
    Sorry if this is a silly question, btw.
    Well, I think you can get an idea reading the first post in this thread, and perhaps looking at the second.
    I'd exepect the SSHIP to be better and richer (eg. the script file is 160k lines long, while the base was like 45k), I'd think stability now is the same, but there're loopholes.
    I recall the SS6.4 with Mello's compilation 1.27 (iirc) as he mended many problems with the base SS6.4, so if you go for the base SS, go for that one.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Konstantinos here again, I think one of the things you guys have totally knocked out of the park is the recruitment system. I've finished up my Spanish campaign and started playing around with the Sultanate of Rum. Both start off small so you really have to manage your money and your army. Once the recruitment pools start to fill up I like to dismiss my "standing army" and only recruit when i'm put on the defensive or initiating a war. Peace and war time have two distinct feelings with one being prosperous and the other being a real nail biter lol. I think you guys did a great job with making recruiting an army feel like calling your banners.

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XII Rhomaios View Post
    Once the recruitment pools start to fill up I like to dismiss my "standing army" and only recruit when i'm put on the defensive or initiating a war. Peace and war time have two distinct feelings with one being prosperous and the other being a real nail biter lol. I think you guys did a great job with making recruiting an army feel like calling your banners.
    Finally somebody appreciates what I had in mind for years! It's the whole point of having knights' recruitment prices half of their upkeep. I'm very glad to hear your opinion!

@Konstantinos, @Skarin - could you upload saves from your games?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 12, 2023 at 06:26 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

here are my two campigns, they were both fun to play.
    Crusader states(Medium): https://www.mediafire.com/file/k8vnz...%2529.sav/file
    my first game on this version, pretty rough going at the start, with the fatimids and possibly other muslin faction wanting a piece of the holy land, managed to defend my ever first jihd on Jerusalem, took me 9 years though, the only problem i had with it was the lack of priests, which made taking settlements that are muslim really difficult to hold without a good general, other then that its a great faction.

Almoravids(Hard): https://www.mediafire.com/file/vs6s1...avids.sav/file
    this one had management difficulties, starting out big doesn't really mean your going to crush everyone, i had alot of enemies and not many armies to deal with them, thankfully they have some of the richest areas in the game so you can work with that, i noticed the AI really wants to take calari, pisa kept sending units to it until they had two stack, and they didn't siege it once, while venice was taking all of their settlements, same thing with sicily even though they were fighting the ERE they kept sending troops to it, i also witnessed both aragon and leon losing a stack of units due to FL authority been bad, didn't even know the AI could be effected by that.

would it be possible for the next version to reduce the turn time needed to build lower level farm/road building?
    the lower tier building shouldn't take as much time to build as the higher ones, especially the farm, since there are so many levels to it, maybe something like 5/10/15/20 would work?

would it be possible for the next version to reduce the turn time needed to build lower level farm/road building?
    the lower tier building shouldn't take as much time to build as the higher ones, especially the farm, since there are so many levels to it, maybe something like 5/10/15/20 would work?
    The idea behind the system is as follows: regions in Europe and the Middle East varied as far as the development of agriculture is concerned. The great transformation of Eastern (and parts of Northern) Europe came only in 13th century or later. This is reflected in differences of the initial levels of farms: lvl 3 or more in the parts of the map that were developed in this respect already at the beginning of 12th century, while lvl 1 or 2 in the less developed. Development of agriculture takes time so the building times are always 20 turns. As a result, Eastern and Northern Europe, and the less developped regions elsewhere, will (or maybe should) grow in population only in 13-14 centuries. (this is prolonged also by building times of roads and other infrastructure).

Anesthetize's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Well, I think you can get an idea reading the first post in this thread, and perhaps looking at the second.
    I'd exepect the SSHIP to be better and richer (eg. the script file is 160k lines long, while the base was like 45k), I'd think stability now is the same, but there're loopholes.
    I recall the SS6.4 with Mello's compilation 1.27 (iirc) as he mended many problems with the base SS6.4, so if you go for the base SS, go for that one.
    JoC
    Thank you very much for the response! I've come to the conclusion that I will definitely play SSHIP, but seeing as there is to be a January release soon I guess I'll wait until then.
    Last edited by Anesthetize; January 15, 2023 at 06:01 PM.

First of all, your mod is a very very good mod. How can I reduce building times when I make 0.5 turn time 2.0.
    0.5 takes too long and I'm getting a little bored with it. I was able to write with the help of translation. I hope I didn't use a wrong sentence. Thank you.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Construction times are designed to respect a historical chronology. Everything may not be adjusted perfectly, but by modifying the construction times, you risk creating imbalances.

Quote Originally Posted by av.rider View Post
    First of all, your mod is a very very good mod. How can I reduce building times when I make 0.5 turn time 2.0.
    0.5 takes too long and I'm getting a little bored with it. I was able to write with the help of translation. I hope I didn't use a wrong sentence. Thank you.
    I assume by "building time" you mean how many turns does it take for a building to be completed. Changing this parameter is simple but laborious. Go to the "export_descr_buildings.txt" in the /data folder, open it with Notepad++ or similar editor, search for the word "construction" - and you'll get this number for a building. You may change it. Then you need to do it for each building you want to.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 15, 2023 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    If you mean current game, changing anything in scipt will not help (it's loaded only once, at the beginning of the game). If you mean a new game, then you may change the script.
    For me, the issue is: I need to understand where these Polish armies coming from. Three full stack is a lot, theoretically possible but unlikely. There are no scipted armies like this, the only additional initial one may consist of 4-6 units. And you mean there're many more. Strange.
    May be not full stacks but still powerful armies, considering that i killed many before and economy don't let me make more units and considering what you say, i think that would be idea to decrease AI moneys (decrease King Purse?). Another way the game look kinda unbalanced, becouse if you killed much units, AI (faction) just should be can't fighting more.

May be not full stacks but still powerful armies, considering that i killed many before and economy don't let me make more units and considering what you say, i think that would be idea to decrease AI moneys (decrease King Purse?). Another way the game look kinda unbalanced, becouse if you killed much units, AI (faction) just should be can't fighting more.
    fully agree. it's why we need all the reports from you, the players, to spot if the balance is struck. I understand you're reporting it's not. Looking forward to more info - pics, saves etc.
    JoC