Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022

How do you launch this mod? i unpacked all the 0.98 files into the mods folder and clicked on the SSHIP 098launcher to launch the game but i just got vanilla Medieval 2

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Vandred View Post
    How do you launch this mod? i unpacked all the 0.98 files into the mods folder and clicked on the SSHIP 098launcher to launch the game but i just got vanilla Medieval 2
    You must have put the files into wrong folder, or .cfg file is overruling something. an answer to your question is problably in this thread.

How is the new update coming along? Is it still slated to come out this January? I had a great time with Stainless Steel 6.4, but I'd like to try out this mod since this is actually being updated. If an update is coming soon then I'll gladly wait so that I can play on the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulvous View Post
    How is the new update coming along? Is it still slated to come out this January? I had a great time with Stainless Steel 6.4, but I'd like to try out this mod since this is actually being updated. If an update is coming soon then I'll gladly wait so that I can play on the latest version.
    Frankly speaking, we've been ready some time ago but it seems we've got problems with putting everything together just because one of us is not present. Now @kostic produced more changes to the units and adjusting recruitment might take time.

I did you al info what i could.

What about farms, may you explain me yours thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sokol1982 View Post
    What about farms, may you explain me yours thing?
    in what sense? can you repreat your question?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Frankly speaking, we've been ready some time ago but it seems we've got problems with putting everything together just because one of us is not present. Now @kostic produced more changes to the units and adjusting recruitment might take time.
    Well that sucks!

Alright, so i got the mod to launch but after the first turn i am greeted with the 'medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit' crash. What can i do about this?

I have already applied the 4gb patch, the LAA fix, the compatibility mode is on windows 7 and i am starting it as an administrator. My pc is high end

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Vandred View Post
    Alright, so i got the mod to launch but after the first turn i am greeted with the 'medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit' crash. What can i do about this?

I have already applied the 4gb patch, the LAA fix, the compatibility mode is on windows 7 and i am starting it as an administrator. My pc is high end
    I'm sorry, but I don't know - there're many reasons for it. Maybe somebody else would help...

Please take your time! This mod is utterly game changing. I was going to wait to start a new Romania campaign with the update, but I am chomping at the bit. If I start a campaign now, will it be compatible with the new update?

Quote Originally Posted by asher237 View Post
    Please take your time! This mod is utterly game changing. I was going to wait to start a new Romania campaign with the update, but I am chomping at the bit. If I start a campaign now, will it be compatible with the new update?
    no, the versions are never compatible, due to the Med2 engine features

sounds good, thank you!

Love the work you all are doing. Two things I noticed.

1. For Dublin the starting units have a bogus X,Y so the outside soldiers bum rush into the city, making it a silly hard initial fight. Fixing the coordinates for Dublin starting unit corrects this.
    2. For a number of English settlements they can't seem to recruit Spear militia and for some they can't even recruit axe militia. The unit name isn't listed on certain levels of barracks at specific cities. This hurts bad early game for no free upkeep. How do you fix this? Is this an AOR thing?

One more thing I've noticed is that the change to give extra money to small factions makes Scotland pretty absurd with units in the beginning of the game. They get the huge income boost that makes them one of the richest nations and then if you do actually overcome this they have a hero that rides in to save the day. It's easier to defeat England with Scotland than Scotland with England by far.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; January 22, 2023 at 11:54 PM. Reason: posts merged

Are there any adverse game effects from changing the capital? for example would that mess up any scripts or the crowns system.

Playing as norway and wanting to shift the captial to a more central location however I still want to be able to get the crown.

Quote Originally Posted by sammcc View Post
    Are there any adverse game effects from changing the capital? for example would that mess up any scripts or the crowns system.
    Playing as norway and wanting to shift the captial to a more central location however I still want to be able to get the crown.
    No, but the crown will still be available only in Bergen and Roskilde. Afaik, shifting the capital impacts only on income (through corruption) and unrest (distance to capital).
    Upload a save at some point

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_neoliberal View Post
    1. For Dublin the starting units have a bogus X,Y so the outside soldiers bum rush into the city, making it a silly hard initial fight. Fixing the coordinates for Dublin starting unit corrects this.
    2. For a number of English settlements they can't seem to recruit Spear militia and for some they can't even recruit axe militia. The unit name isn't listed on certain levels of barracks at specific cities. This hurts bad early game for no free upkeep. How do you fix this? Is this an AOR thing?
    3. One more thing I've noticed is that the change to give extra money to small factions makes Scotland pretty absurd with units in the beginning of the game. They get the huge income boost that makes them one of the richest nations and then if you do actually overcome this they have a hero that rides in to save the day. It's easier to defeat England with Scotland than Scotland with England by far.
    1 - I'll have a look, thanks!
    2 - yes, this needs to be fixed by modifying the recruitment in the EDB. I'll try to do this.
    3 - interesting, I think it should be limited to he player then. Perhaps I'll do this.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 24, 2023 at 04:59 AM.

If I delete the landowners building and recreate it the number of turns until I can recruit some of the heavy infantry units is correct. Is there I way I can temporarily fix this before the new version? I can't seem to figure it out so my first action might just be removing the landowners buildings from each city/castle start so that it isn't messed up.

If I delete the landowners building and recreate it the number of turns until I can recruit some of the heavy infantry units is correct. Is there I way I can temporarily fix this before the new version? I can't seem to figure it out so my first action might just be removing the landowners buildings from each city/castle start so that it isn't messed up.
    I haven't understood what you mean...

I haven't understood what you mean...
    The turns to recruit a unit again for the heavy infantry, for e.g. France and England, is 2 turns rather than 10+ turns. This is why there are so many heavy infantry units. The file that controls this looks correct but it stays at two turns until a new landowner building is constructed.

The turns to recruit a unit again for the heavy infantry, for e.g. France and England, is 2 turns rather than 10+ turns. This is why there are so many heavy infantry units. The file that controls this looks correct but it stays at two turns until a new landowner building is constructed.
    Never mind. I'd delete this if I knew how. I just didn't understand what I was seeing with the number of units, the start number, and replenishment.