Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_neoliberal View Post
    Never mind. I'd delete this if I knew how. I just didn't understand what I was seeing with the number of units, the start number, and replenishment.
    no problem, glad you've learnt it. I usually leave plenty of information for the new modders in the beginning for the files, just have a look.

I'm looking forward to the new version of your mod. It is very difficult for states to become vassals in the mod. In reality, a state that is about to disappear or has suffered a heavy defeat can be saved from extinction by choosing vassalage. But no matter how weak and unarmed the state is in the mod, the vassal does not accept my offer.
    Can we change this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by av.rider View Post
    I'm looking forward to the new version of your mod. It is very difficult for states to become vassals in the mod. In reality, a state that is about to disappear or has suffered a heavy defeat can be saved from extinction by choosing vassalage. But no matter how weak and unarmed the state is in the mod, the vassal does not accept my offer.
    Can we change this situation?
    Me, I have no idea, I'm sorry. Maybe @Macaras would know.

The vassals is a little tricky, right now there is a condition that ai will never accept human being his protector. The other way its possible, ai will sometimes offer protection to human. It was inherited originally in AI, I didn't change it, I am not sure why specifically why human is excluded. In many mods the vassalege is completely swithed off. If you want to test it with human included, just find this sections in a descr_campaign_ai_db.xml :

<decision_entry>
    <min_entry borders_all_our_regions="true" target_human="false" stance="AtWar" num_enemies="1" is_neighbour="true"/>
    <max_entry borders_all_our_regions="true" target_human="false" production_balance="0.5" military_balance="0.4" target_num_enemies="2" is_neighbour="true"/>
    <faction_attitude want_be_protect="true" continue="true"/>
    </decision_entry>

and remove target_human="false". This section is repeated few times, so you need to do it for all of them.

Let us know what was the result, please.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Hello Macaras, glad to see that you always give good advice on AI!
    It would be nice if the vassal system worked both ways indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Indeed, this would be helpful. Do we know if the other mods (EBII, Tsardoms, TATW) use the vassal function? I have a recollection that it was a feature prone to exploitation by the player (or other AIs?) - the AI was eager to give money, the player would take it, the script would get the AI out of the debt, the AI would get into debt again etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    The vassals is a little tricky, right now there is a condition that ai will never accept human being his protector. The other way its possible, ai will sometimes offer protection to human. It was inherited originally in AI, I didn't change it, I am not sure why specifically why human is excluded. In many mods the vassalege is completely swithed off. If you want to test it with human included, just find this sections in a descr_campaign_ai_db.xml :

<decision_entry>
    <min_entry borders_all_our_regions="true" target_human="false" stance="AtWar" num_enemies="1" is_neighbour="true"/>
    <max_entry borders_all_our_regions="true" target_human="false" production_balance="0.5" military_balance="0.4" target_num_enemies="2" is_neighbour="true"/>
    <faction_attitude want_be_protect="true" continue="true"/>
    </decision_entry>

and remove target_human="false". This section is repeated few times, so you need to do it for all of them.

I hear some modders say that the AI become inactive when it is vassalized, but some other saying it wasn't affected. I did not test this myself.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Just asking because I like this mod so much: is there yet any release date of the next update?

Quote Originally Posted by WitchKing View Post
    Just asking because I like this mod so much: is there yet any release date of the next update?
    We've restored our files and will probably release a new version soon. It's basically ready, but I need to adjust files to the @kostic changes in the units.

Hello sorry if this is stupid question.i did lot a search but couldnt find answer for it;

farms and roads cost 20 turn.is that intended or some kind of bug?

Quote Originally Posted by feuersturm View Post
    Hello sorry if this is stupid question.i did lot a search but couldnt find answer for it;

farms and roads cost 20 turn.is that intended or some kind of bug?
    No worries, this is the right place!

The build time is intended: think of farms and road as representing the upscaling of the whole region infrastructure, not just one building being made somewhere.

Also the mod is more slow paced and development focused, and every settlement won't be able to build everything and upgrade to max pop.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Does it usually make sense to try to upgrade roads and farms right away if you can afford it or build other things first?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_neoliberal View Post
    Does it usually make sense to try to upgrade roads and farms right away if you can afford it or build other things first?
    it depends what you are in need (eg a brothel when public order is low). but in general - yes, they're usually first to be built.

Quote Originally Posted by WitchKing View Post
    It seems we've got a problem with integration of the @kostic files (all the beautiful units) with the other files (script and diplomacy). We're looking for solution but it may take time, unfortunately.

Thanks for the info! That's bad news but no problem and take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    It seems we've got a problem with integration of the @kostic files (all the beautiful units) with the other files (script and diplomacy). We're looking for solution but it may take time, unfortunately.
    ooh I hope you can fix it soon and it doesn't bring you many headaches! We will wait as long as it takes for the new version and thus be able to start an exciting campaign!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Just a quick question, is it known that when you hover over france in the campaign map, the fps starts to drop by around 20 fps? Or is it just me? And is there a fix for this?

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

To fly over the map without losing fps, simply deselect the previously selected character or community.

Otherwise I have reassuring news about the next version: the cause of the crash has finally been found and fixed. @Jurand is absent this week but will finalize the next version as soon as he returns !

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    To fly over the map without losing fps, simply deselect the previously selected character or community.

Otherwise I have reassuring news about the next version: the cause of the crash has finally been found and fixed. @Jurand is absent this week but will finalize the next version as soon as he returns !

This has probably been pointed out or is known, but I gotta ask. Why are the Norwegian FM bodyguards, the unit of "Chudy"?