Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. June 18th, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hayır, o yöne gitmeye hiç niyetim yok.
    How can I set other states to make it easier to Vassal states?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by av.rider View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't know. I was never interested.

Was the mod changed to prevent the AI from accepting peace deals that involve payments to the player?

No, but payments are much more expensive then in old SSHIP (it was changed like a year ago or more). It depends on your reputation and relations. If they are terrible, you need to pay tens of thousands..

Quote Originally Posted by av.rider View Post
    The file you need to edit is /data/descr_diplomacy.xml in the sections "demand_protectorate" and "offer_protectorate"
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    No, but payments are much more expensive then in old SSHIP (it was changed like a year ago or more). It depends on your reputation and relations. If they are terrible, you need to pay tens of thousands..
    I think it was not a good choice. In the first 50 turns at least, the player cannot afford to pay a truce.
    If he's been at war for several turns, chances are his relationship with his opponent is at an all-time low. So all peace is impossible. After a while, the player doesn't even try to ask for peace anymore.

It's the same problem with the corruption of rebel armies. The amount of money to successfully complete a corruption is so high that this function is simply abandoned by the player.

It's sad because it reduces the possibilities of play.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I think it was not a good choice. In the first 50 turns at least, the player cannot afford to pay a truce.
    If he's been at war for several turns, chances are his relationship with his opponent is at an all-time low. So all peace is impossible. After a while, the player doesn't even try to ask for peace anymore.
    It's the same problem with the corruption of rebel armies. The amount of money to successfully complete a corruption is so high that this function is simply abandoned by the player.
    It's sad because it reduces the possibilities of play.
    1. Absolutely not true that peace is not possible. Second thing: mostly not true that player can never afford truce. Just don't build some buildings, collect 10 thousand and keep for bad moment. Moreover, I made a war weariness script so that it prevents the situation when AI refuse peace when totally losing, hopefully it will be present in next version, is in the late testing phase.
    2. About the corruption price, I agree, but I didn't change anything there, it's the same in last thousand years (probably since SS6.4), I may look into it when I have time.

Yoo. I can't believe this has been updated again. It was my favourite mod. I'll definitely try the VH campaign with the campaign costs and . I seem to remember there was an issue with plagues constantly happening due to populations being so high in this, has that been fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by dnzunlu View Post
    Yoo. I can't believe this has been updated again. It was my favourite mod. I'll definitely try the VH campaign with the campaign costs and . I seem to remember there was an issue with plagues constantly happening due to populations being so high in this, has that been fixed?
    depending on your urge, you may just wait a bit to play the version with the fixes (have a look here).
    plagues - haven't been reported recently, iirc for a few months, so it's possible the issue's subdued. More health_bonuses were introduced. But it may also be that people didn't play in the regions at risk (recently many games as ENG and HUNG, and other in the Latin Europe).

Guys,
    the work on the SSHIP continues in many small aspects. For instance, I've re-touched the icons for the farms. Here is the current state of affairs
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

and, for comparison, pics of the previous versions from the two cultures.

Really good stuff Jurand!!!!

@Jurand watching the teaser for the next release i have some questions about new changes:

-what are the reasons to change the city from Valladolid to Salamanca?

-and the same for Nis to change it to Belograd?, is the latter the famous city of Belgrade?
    By changing these cities I guess you will have to change the Provincial Titles and their names too, no?

-Is this because they were more important in the Middle Ages? I personally know that the University of Salamanca was the oldest in Spain and has always been very famous.

- how will the prussians/welsh raids be? similar to the current ones of the Bedouins? Do you plan to make another similar one but for the Cathars in the south of France and another for the Dutch in Flanders?

It's good to know all this great progress in the game, and the only thing left is to know what new units @kostic can bring to the game...
    Last edited by j.a.luna; August 08, 2023 at 07:32 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

The reasons for the change from Valladolid to Salamanca are well-explained in the map thread.
    Belograd is Belgade.
    Texts of the PTs were changed accordingly, the pics not yet.
    Yes, Prussian raids (and Welsh, if coded in time) will be somehow similar. Neither Cathar nor the Dutch revolts were similar to these raids (and even the Welsh are on the borderline), so - no.
    No new kostic units this time, they'll be added in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    The reasons for the change from Valladolid to Salamanca are well-explained in the map thread.
    Belograd is Belgade.
    Texts of the PTs were changed accordingly, the pics not yet.
    Yes, Prussian raids (and Welsh, if coded in time) will be somehow similar. Neither Cathar nor the Dutch revolts were similar to these raids (and even the Welsh are on the borderline), so - no.
    No new kostic units this time, they'll be added in the next release.
    Thanks Jurand for your responses! I already read about the maps changes and are great!

-About the Cathars, it would be nice if in the future you could represent this "religious movement" in the game through heretical figures and some rebel armies in the south of France, I think it would also add more action to this region that hardly has much movement ... As well as making a strong resistance in the Flanders region (and if possible some unique unit like the famous flemish Goedendag).

-On the other hand sad news for the next version regarding the wonderful kostic units ... we will have to wait longer then...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Default [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. August 18th (2023)

Guys, so the new version is out. See below what's changed.

UNITS' RECRUITMENT
    - additional recruitment pools for Knights for the AI factions cut down. As a result, a player should discern that the AI fields fewer such units.
    - recruitment slot added to the unique military buildings (Narikala, White Tower), while the number of slots from the core buildings (walls, castles) is lowered (second time the same fix for the same trap we've fallen in the past... ugh). The new Var building provides an additional slot.
    - 'Ruthenian archers' are now available in the Rus lands (while Hunters are removed from there - I'm not sure it's a good solution, maybe the Hunters should be the base unit, the Ruthenian a better one?) for all factions, with Rus and Lithuanian factions having additional pools' increases.
    - recruitment for Rus factions in the castle barracks re-coded.
    - some updates for the recruitment provided by the unique buildings (additional recruitment pools: this should result in your capital providing you much more units than the other cities).
    recruitment of the Georgian castle barracks reviewed, with the pools' refill lowered significantly, and crossbow units available mainly outside Georgia.
    - adjustments of the Byzantine recruitment of the crossbow units (much fewer in Byzantium, Armenia and Georgia, none in the Middle East, while more elsewhere).
    - adjustments to the city barracs of Byzantium and Georgia, with Scutatoi units added to Constantinople.
    - HRE can recruit now both sword and axe dismounted mailed knights.
    - recruitment of the Grenadine Crossbow Cav adjusted (apart from the Alkazars in Africa, only for the Muslim).
    - recruitment of the Fedayeens is limited only to the Muslim factions.
    - prices of the Swiss mercenaries (3 units) adjusted.
    - a number of other recruitment adjustments and fixes for castle barracks, stables and ranges - for the later types of units (those available after 200-300 turns). It usualy consisted of lowering their availability (eg. no more 0.67 parameters, but 0.16 etc).
    - fixed a few recruitment errors in the Barracks (thanks, @j.a.luna)
    - marginal recoding of the recruitment pools for the KoJ chapter houses recruitment.

EVENTS & SCRIPTS
    - AI and diplomacy adjustments - ongoling work as usual.
    - Bedouin invasions - added 6 lacking settlements (for the total of 28), added recruitment pools' depletion after an invasions, warning infos for the player will work, description of how does it work added.
    - Catalan invasions - added 4 settlements (for the total of 19).
    - the Prussian raids - in 5 player's provinces, plus a 'settlement rebels' system in Twangste.
    - some changes to the anti-hoarding mechanism (ie money), also to the texts explaining what's happening.
    - quite significant re-coding of the Military Orders (perhaps for the first time from the v.092) - the mechanisms should work now, the requirements are now more-or-less reasonable, there're fall-back triggers etc.
    - England evolution: events re-coded from being in the historical events file into the script, which will enable making them soon conditional on something the player does.
    - Hungary evolution: events re-coded from being in the historical events file into the script, a few new added, also new conditions and consequences introduced.
    - fire script for many 4 unique buildings re-written to include a smoke over the settlement where it occured, to provide the player with a window pop-out with the relevant information, and to fix one detail that made the script causing crashes.

MAP
    - slight modification of borders in South England, in Auvergne, next to Lyon, in Russia.
    - significant modification of province borders in the Zagros mountains, a river flowing from the north deleted to make the pass passable, a ford added: now there's a road from Hamadan south to Wasit, and also from Hamadan west to Baghdad.
    - settlements moved: Nurnberg (slightly north), Firenze (slightly south-east), Kernave (slightly north-east), Pereyaslav (quite much to the east, also the ford has been moved), Riga (a bit to the east, to be on the river), Hamadan (a bit to the west);
    - some resources moved around, silver in the Tatra Mts. added.
    - settlement of Valladolid moved to became Salamanca, the borders around modified, also names of the provinces adjusted.
    - remake of the Serbia region: settlement of Nis moved to became Belograd, settlement of Ras moved as well with much modifications to the borders.
    - some changes of placement of resources in those modified regions.

BUILDINGS
    - Var building - regional building for Hungary, 9 levels.
    - debuff to the population growth AI bonuses at lower level of the settlements to prevent the phenomenon of the AI upgrad settlements too fast. First observations tell that it works - you still see large towns in the 13th century, not only large cities and citadels.
    - costs, building times, and upkeep prices of many buildings adjusted (in particular: for the upper levels of settlements the costs increased, while the building times decreased).
    - as usual: pics and icons for a great deal of buildings retouched or replaced, eg. for the farms for different cultures (esp. for the lower levels).
    - 'Autonomy' buildings no longer have faction-wide negative impact on trade.
    - the "Builders" buildings provide now upkeep, not income (unless in the provinces with timber and/or stone).

PARAMETERS
    - parameters defining the pace of religious conversion of provinces significantly lowered (this potentially might be a major change, please watch out how the situation will evolve).
    - the likelyhood of the spawn of a rebel/loyalist army after capture of a province increased from 66 to 86 percent (still only for the VH difficulty, but seems an important change: now you'll be lucky to avoid this loyalist army).

STARTING SITUATION
    - castle of Nis (now: Belograd) made independent; Byzantium loses a few units stationing there.
    - depletion of initial recruitment pools for certain heavy units for the Moors, HRE and Byzantium, and for Scouts in England and in HRE.
    - added many future princesses to the family trees (ie kids below 14 that over the course of the game will become princesses).
    - some slave armies in Persia got their composition adjusted.
    - Turkish armies in Persia got their generals, a few added in the passes of the Zagros Mts.

FIXES
    - fixed many mechanisms that mixed up the use of small and CAPITAL letters in the script.
    - Next Heir really works now.
    - camp sacked mechanism fixed and should work now.
    - support for smaller factions mechanism fixed.
    - warning of an imminent Bedouin invasion fixed.
    - Hattin event improved with fall-back coding.
    - disappearing recruitment slot issue solved (additional slots added to the unique buildings to compensate somehow - described above).
    - Byzantine Renaissance and the disappearing Contaratoi issues solved.
    - Aleppo earthquake fixed.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 11, 2023 at 05:35 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Default Re: NEW VERSION - August 10th

I hope that in the next versions of the game you will pay more attention to the artistic-historicity of the units. The atmosphere of the game is very important
    Georgian Medieval Shields By Khevsur

https://www.mediafire.com/file/017uq....2023.rar/file

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Congrats on the new update! Is there a way you guys can fix the ugly skybox? It's literally so pixelated I don't know if I've seen it this bad before:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230810025538_1.jpg  
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

I have to be blind, but I really can't find the link to download the newest version, help.

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    Congrats on the new update! Is there a way you guys can fix the ugly skybox? It's literally so pixelated I don't know if I've seen it this bad before:
    Frankly speaking, I don't deal with this part of modding, and I'm not sure anybody of us does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waluk View Post
    I have to be blind, but I really can't find the link to download the newest version, help.
    yeah, it's not that you're blind, but that's I was unattentive. Sorry. Now, there's the link.

Aaaa there it is, thank you!

Great @Jurand! We have now another new version!! , but it is save game compatible with the June version?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,