Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Libertus

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.98 - August 10th, 2023

Zngids turn 80:
    https://mega.nz/folder/Yhxiya4L#ycTwWiRFw7fVLQRxLd8UrA

Managed to destroy the crusader state with the help of the fatimids, survived a crusade on aleppo and securised Syria but by then the abbasid attacked Mosul.
    Took Bagdad after a long war, the Seljuk rum also raider hisn kayfa even while being at war with the romans.
    Now my kingdom is seccured, strong and I think I will try to strom the fatimids or the romans next.
    Great campaign

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    Zngids turn 80
    Managed to destroy the crusader state with the help of the fatimids, survived a crusade on aleppo and securised Syria but by then the abbasid attacked Mosul.
    Took Bagdad after a long war, the Seljuk rum also raider hisn kayfa even while being at war with the romans.
    Now my kingdom is seccured, strong and I think I will try to strom the fatimids or the romans next.
    Great campaign
    Great, @JB, thanks for posting! You're the first to report a game with the Zenghids!
    I already see some needed changes to the buildings!

(map not updated with the August-reported games)

Quote Originally Posted by Waluk View Post
    If anyone is interested, here is my 400+ turn Serbia campaign save. Forgot which difficulty, but it's not VH/VH. There were a couple of crashes, 3 - 5 maybe. Noticed most of them happen when playing straight for hours, the most annoying ones happen when loading out of battle. You can avoid those by playing for 20 or so turns, or not fighting more than let's say 5 battles in a row. Campaign was fun, the only event that kept popping up repeatedly was, as others have mentioned "inviting Saxons". The campaign map changed quite a bit throughout, at one point HRE has almost won, then the Pope conquered all of HRE, then the French conquered all of Papal lands. Hungary had it's moments too, conquered all of Poland and southern Baltics, most probably because me playing as Serbia didn't allow the Byzantines to spread to the north, like they always do. Finances were tough, often had to decide whether to build armies or buildings. Population growth was slow, for the first 300 or so turns, had only towns, cities came later. Fun times, keep it up SSHIP team!
    Very interesting. One issue I've spotted for @Macaras is how the Mongols are utterly broken.
    So the Var building is useful for Serbia?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 31, 2023 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    Zngids turn 80:
    https://mega.nz/folder/Yhxiya4L#ycTwWiRFw7fVLQRxLd8UrA

Great campaign
    My historic knowledge make me a bit peeved that Crusader are destroyed first and Zengid ally with Fatimid but in gameplay sense it's a strategicaly make sense.

Here is a new building. Can you tell it's name?

(j.a. - give others the chance to try)

additional info, as that may be difficult. This building is quite famous, it's another uniqe building in this building chain.

Mmm if this building is in Coellen ... Will be the famous cathedral of Cologne, maybe??
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Sship team and players, here a great new review from @Andy's take in Youtube, Long Life to sship mod!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FR_Xq4...hpBrSWt2Jt7nqk

Last edited by j.a.luna; September 05, 2023 at 05:44 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Thanks, I watched it, very interesting, also the comments about the mod! I will place a new article about that in moddb..
    One random thought - maybe we should change the name for Historical Immersion Project .

also saw it, I reached to him on discord (very nice guy and nice community btw) and mentionned what the I in sship stands for after his previous video, but I guess it was already recorded
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

It's encouraging to see players appreciate our work even on youtube !

Hi, i will start by saying that the mod is amazing and i'm enjoying it quite a bit.
    I have a question though, is there a way to change the way or frequency by which the Pope continues to impose Cease Hostilities missions? I'm having quite a bit of trouble waging any kind of war (both aggressive and defensive), without being excommunicated. Especially now playing as Norway i'm unable to try to take any enemy settlement without triggering the mission the very next turn, even if i'm responding to a foreign aggression (in this case Denmark). Basically i'm only allowed to defend myself in my territory but not to expand. Since wars with Denmark are fairly frequent, it has come to a point where i can't do anything but gradually worsening papal relations until excommunication is inevitable if i ever dare to conquer danish territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Canzoli View Post
    Hi, i will start by saying that the mod is amazing and i'm enjoying it quite a bit.
    I have a question though, is there a way to change the way or frequency by which the Pope continues to impose Cease Hostilities missions? I'm having quite a bit of trouble waging any kind of war (both aggressive and defensive), without being excommunicated. Especially now playing as Norway i'm unable to try to take any enemy settlement without triggering the mission the very next turn, even if i'm responding to a foreign aggression (in this case Denmark). Basically i'm only allowed to defend myself in my territory but not to expand. Since wars with Denmark are fairly frequent, it has come to a point where i can't do anything but gradually worsening papal relations until excommunication is inevitable if i ever dare to conquer danish territory.
    Thanks for letting us know, it possible to lower the chance of the cease hostilities missions, I will lower it a bit. I think it happened after some small recent changes in other missions, but apparently that created a little shift in the whole missions mechanism.

I imagine it has to do with "score_modifier" in the descr_missions.txt, in the "mission cease_hostilities" section, but i'm not going to alter random lines and numbers without knowing exactly what i'm doing, that's why i ask you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    I think it happened after some small recent changes in other missions, but apparently that created a little shift in the whole missions mechanism.
    I did notice that crusades are noticeably more frequent, but maybe that is intentional

Crusades are a different cookie though, I didn't notice they are more frequent, but if so it may rather be related to some general situation - less factions excommunicated, less wars between catholic factions, more war catholic vs islam etc.

I actually lowered this factor:

ai_human_defender_modifier 0.8 ; score *= modifier if attacking faction AI and defnder is human

Because it should lowered the chance for the player, but keep it for ai - that hopefully results in ai receiving it frequently enough to ask for peace sometimes, it kind of keep the map less unstable.
    Last edited by Macaras; September 07, 2023 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    also saw it, I reached to him on discord (very nice guy and nice community btw) and mentionned what the I in sship stands for after his previous video, but I guess it was already recorded
    actually, I like Immersion more than Improvement

Game keeps crashing, got a crash after an early battle playing the romans vs rum. this 1 is happening 100% of the time after i finish the battle and return to campaign map.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Two smallish things:

1. Does the (eminent) courtier trait currently take into account whether the general is the faction leader? I had the trait on the heir, and he didn't lose it after becoming the FL. The description of the trait sounds like it should be available only to the subjects of the leader.

2. Is it intentional that the player can receive a loyalist army when AI takes a rebel settlement that is tagged to the faction the player is playing? In one save England took Poitiers and in one save Poland took Twangste (both still rebel settlements at that point), after which I received a loyalist army as France and Lithuania respectively.

I take it that these loyalist armies appearing after AI takes a rebel settlement tagged to another faction are there to help keep the map more historical, but could/should the player faction be left out in this exact scenario (AI taking a rebel settlement, not a player-owned one)? It can mess up the player's economy and family tree quite suddenly, and I think the AI should get such a bonus against the player since it's so inefficient at taking rebel settlements.

If a loyalist army is to appear in this case, it would be ideal if it was a rebel army that would somehow know to siege the settlement the next turn, but I guess this might be a bit too much to ask of the M2TW engine :-)

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    Two smallish things:
    1. Does the (eminent) courtier trait currently take into account whether the general is the faction leader? I had the trait on the heir, and he didn't lose it after becoming the FL. The description of the trait sounds like it should be available only to the subjects of the leader.
    2. Is it intentional that the player can receive a loyalist army when AI takes a rebel settlement that is tagged to the faction the player is playing? In one save England took Poitiers and in one save Poland took Twangste (both still rebel settlements at that point), after which I received a loyalist army as France and Lithuania respectively.
    I take it that these loyalist armies appearing after AI takes a rebel settlement tagged to another faction are there to help keep the map more historical, but could/should the player faction be left out in this exact scenario (AI taking a rebel settlement, not a player-owned one)? It can mess up the player's economy and family tree quite suddenly, and I think the AI should get such a bonus against the player since it's so inefficient at taking rebel settlements.
    If a loyalist army is to appear in this case, it would be ideal if it was a rebel army that would somehow know to siege the settlement the next turn, but I guess this might be a bit too much to ask of the M2TW engine :-)
    ad1 - thanks, good catch. Coding error. Fixed now.
    ad2 - yes it is. It should help a bit a player, actually. No much impact on family tree (one general more), the generals are not so bad (and not as bad as they were before), and the units can always be disbanded. Siege would be possible to script, but I didn't feel it was so realistic - and I didn't have much time for t.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    ad2 - yes it is. It should help a bit a player, actually. No much impact on family tree (one general more), the generals are not so bad (and not as bad as they were before), and the units can always be disbanded. Siege would be possible to script, but I didn't feel it was so realistic - and I didn't have much time for t.
    It's true - the army can be disbanded if not able to finance it. Unfortunately currently the first upkeep costs are already charged before it's the player's next turn after the army appears when an AI faction takes a settlement, which can make the player's coffers run dry. But then of course, it's advised by pop up messages to keep a few thousands in case of unforeseeable events. Both of the times I wasn't at war with the faction who took the settlement, so the armies weren't too usable at those moments, as initiating a war is such a hard hit for reputation.

And yes, one extra general isn't actually that bad, unless the player faction is very small when the general is spawned. I've noticed new children are mostly born when settlements => all generals & unmarried adult princesses, and in some rare cases even when the player has one settlement less than the total headcount of generals + princesses. But if taking care of the total number of adults in the faction, I guess getting new children to born isn't too problematic except for perhaps Scotland and Portugal, which both require quick expansionism, but have no rebel settlements to quickly conquer. And neither of them can receive an extra loyalist general in the early game without perhaps losing a settlement first, as there are no free rebel settlements for neighbouring factions to take, so it's indeed just a small impact overall.