Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.98 - August 10th, 2023

A question.

On Seljuk border with Cuman i though it was only Gorganch as they are the closest. But turns out they also border with Karakum(i forgot the name, that wooden castle that cannot be upgraded because it's an oasis settlement).

I have to asky why? Why not just let the Gorganch take the brunt of the Transoxiana frontier? They are both very far from each other but because they border Cuman i have to waste money to garrison both of them so Cuman don't have any funny idea even if they are my ally for now.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    It's true - the army can be disbanded if not able to finance it. Unfortunately currently the first upkeep costs are already charged before it's the player's next turn after the army appears when an AI faction takes a settlement, which can make the player's coffers run dry. But then of course, it's advised by pop up messages to keep a few thousands in case of unforeseeable events. Both of the times I wasn't at war with the faction who took the settlement, so the armies weren't too usable at those moments, as initiating a war is such a hard hit for reputation.
    And yes, one extra general isn't actually that bad, unless the player faction is very small when the general is spawned. I've noticed new children are mostly born when settlements => all generals & unmarried adult princesses, and in some rare cases even when the player has one settlement less than the total headcount of generals + princesses. But if taking care of the total number of adults in the faction, I guess getting new children to born isn't too problematic except for perhaps Scotland and Portugal, which both require quick expansionism, but have no rebel settlements to quickly conquer. And neither of them can receive an extra loyalist general in the early game without perhaps losing a settlement first, as there are no free rebel settlements for neighbouring factions to take, so it's indeed just a small impact overall.
    so now, as you've got experience with FR and LT (a new one?) - upload a save so that I can add it here :-)

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    A question.
    On Seljuk border with Cuman i though it was only Gorganch as they are the closest. But turns out they also border with Karakum(i forgot the name, that wooden castle that cannot be upgraded because it's an oasis settlement).
    I have to asky why? Why not just let the Gorganch take the brunt of the Transoxiana frontier? They are both very far from each other but because they border Cuman i have to waste money to garrison both of them so Cuman don't have any funny idea even if they are my ally for now.
    Konjiqala. So that Gorganch doesn't have a coast on the Caspians sea. There is a desert between them
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 10, 2023 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Konjiqala. So that Gorganch doesn't have a coast on the Caspians sea. There is a desert between them
    Ah. So basicly Gorganch and Rayy wouldn't trade with each other. I don't really mind if not for the fact i have to guard two settlement that is very far from each other. But oh well, good to know.

Libertus

for some reason downloading the file from mega.nz makes my browsers ram usage balloon into 100 % and then it crashes, I've never had this problem when downloading the previous versions. Im using chrome and I have 16gb ram what gives here Im not that tech savvy

Quote Originally Posted by DaGrenadier View Post
    for some reason downloading the file from mega.nz makes my browsers ram usage balloon into 100 % and then it crashes, I've never had this problem when downloading the previous versions. Im using chrome and I have 16gb ram what gives here Im not that tech savvy
    no idea. the file is even smaller than before (iirc). RAM doesn't matter in this respect.

I don't have MTW2 on steam. I'm playing with an old CD version. It's the "Gold Edition" with Kingdoms and stuff. I'm downloading the mod now. I hope I can install the mod. Does anyone know if it works for the ancient CD versions?
    Oooh and I have Stainless Steel 6.4 installed. Do I have to uninstall it?

Still in the work. Okay.

For this one i'll be honest i'm not sure what to explain because it just happens. So i went to jihad against Crusader and i want to conquer as many Crusader provinces with Jihad as pretext and conquer as much as possible in quick succession so i'm expecting a reputation hit.

Except before i could take any of the provinces my reputation suddenly shot to untrustworthy. My memory is gap but judging fron my last save and current turn i got three possible suspects events : defeating a crusader then ransom which they failed to pay but it didn't decrease reputation in the battle before the save at least not as steep, besieging not a jihad target which again it didn't decrease reputation to my other 2 jihad general and finally my Faction Leader become senile while at expanding war. Declaring war to Crusader is off the list because i use Jihad to declare war and in that save my reputation is still mixed after i declare war and besiege two Crusader settlements.

Overall a weird experience.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ugh800 View Post
    I don't have MTW2 on steam. I'm playing with an old CD version. It's the "Gold Edition" with Kingdoms and stuff. I'm downloading the mod now. I hope I can install the mod. Does anyone know if it works for the ancient CD versions?
    Oooh and I have Stainless Steel 6.4 installed. Do I have to uninstall it?
    I have the CD version myself. Slightly different: M2TW+Kingdoms
    But I think there is no reason why the mod should not work with your Gold version.
    You don't need to remove Stainless Steel. The SSHIP_098 folder is completely independent. Just place it in the "mods" folder and launch SSHIP with the "SSHIP 098 launcher.bat" which is located in the SSHIP_098 folder.
    You can also create a shortcut to your desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I have the CD version myself. Slightly different: M2TW+Kingdoms
    But I think there is no reason why the mod should not work with your Gold version.
    You don't need to remove Stainless Steel. The SSHIP_098 folder is completely independent. Just place it in the "mods" folder and launch SSHIP with the "SSHIP 098 launcher.bat" which is located in the SSHIP_098 folder.
    You can also create a shortcut to your desktop.
    Thanks, the mod is running quite reliable for me. I had one or two crashes - far less than I had in SS6.4. I was playing around with the Italian states a bit and I like that you can play the Papal States.

Quote Originally Posted by ugh800 View Post
    Thanks, the mod is running quite reliable for me. I had one or two crashes - far less than I had in SS6.4. I was playing around with the Italian states a bit and I like that you can play the Papal States.
    ehm... the mod is not made to play the Papal State, I'm affraid. You can do it, you even have a special building (the Castel San Angelo has 4-levels), but we haven't done anything to make this faction playable. Indeed, it has no access to many units, just because it's not meant to expand much.

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

hey i have some recommandations for SSHIP late era factions Marinid Sultanate Castilla Leon Aragon Portugal France Hre England Papal Naples Venice Genoa Poland&Lithuania Hungary Serbia Bulgaria Wallachia Golden Horde Mamluks Mongol Ilkhanate Ottoman beylik Karaman Beylik Rum Seljuk Sultanate(it sounds weird because i suggest that campaign should start during 1280 1290 while rums are in decline vassals of ilkhanate and enemies of karamanids) Byzantium Knights of St John Duchy of Austria Timurids Florence Milan Teutonic Order

in next update i hope to bring back generals bodyguard unit like in SSHIP 0.97 because in many factions players struggle with lack of familly members and AI factions look for adopted members which sounds illogical while recruited general with growing reputation can make his way through familly tree through mariage with a princess

which file to change a faction name ?
    a small proposition bring back the name of egypt instead of Fatimids and by 1170 with notification of civil war in egypt majority of familly members get transformed to rebels while a group of armies get spawned in the east Saladin his brother turanshah his uncle shirkuh and control the rebels cities in egypt to pave the way for ayyubids reign beggining and notification for saladin as conqueror of jerusalem

Quote Originally Posted by MoorsihSultan View Post
    which file to change a faction name ?
    a small proposition bring back the name of egypt instead of Fatimids and by 1170 with notification of civil war in egypt majority of familly members get transformed to rebels while a group of armies get spawned in the east Saladin his brother turanshah his uncle shirkuh and control the rebels cities in egypt to pave the way for ayyubids reign beggining and notification for saladin as conqueror of jerusalem
    Frankly speaking - I don't know. I'd think this is quite vast excercise.
    I agree with briging back the name of Egypt (or rather al-Misr), but I'd guess this is a very laborious task of going through the text files, texts etc.

in next update i hope to bring back generals bodyguard unit like in SSHIP 0.97 because in many factions players struggle with lack of familly members and AI factions look for adopted members which sounds illogical while recruited general with growing reputation can make his way through familly tree through mariage with a princess
    once the player has like 7-8 settlements, he shouldn't struggle.

hey i have some recommandations for SSHIP late era factions Marinid Sultanate Castilla Leon Aragon Portugal France Hre England Papal Naples Venice Genoa Poland&Lithuania Hungary Serbia Bulgaria Wallachia Golden Horde Mamluks Mongol Ilkhanate Ottoman beylik Karaman Beylik Rum Seljuk Sultanate(it sounds weird because i suggest that campaign should start during 1280 1290 while rums are in decline vassals of ilkhanate and enemies of karamanids) Byzantium Knights of St John Duchy of Austria Timurids Florence Milan Teutonic Order
    Late campaign should be 1390. Something like here.

I have these problems:

1) 4 Military unrest notifications every turn for these 4 cities (Edessa, Tarnovo, Sredets and one more I forget). All these cities are in fine public order but they do have a large unrest modifier. I have a suspicion that it is something to do with the name changes when you conquer them.

2) Looting military camp, sharing or not sharing the loot has no influence on anything. Not on traits or money.

3) Can't seem to get crowned as Rum. I will try once again once my ruler dies but AFAIK I have every requirement. Constantinople is capital, the guy was fit to crown before he went senile, no ancillaries he was governor, I had money, I had all the settlements in both of the maps in faction screen etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dnzunlu View Post
    I have these problems:
    1) 4 Military unrest notifications every turn for these 4 cities (Edessa, Tarnovo, Sredets and one more I forget). All these cities are in fine public order but they do have a large unrest modifier. I have a suspicion that it is something to do with the name changes when you conquer them.
    2) Looting military camp, sharing or not sharing the loot has no influence on anything. Not on traits or money.
    3) Can't seem to get crowned as Rum. I will try once again once my ruler dies but AFAIK I have every requirement. Constantinople is capital, the guy was fit to crown before he went senile, no ancillaries he was governor, I had money, I had all the settlements in both of the maps in faction screen etc.
    ad. 1 - a notification after conquest can happen just 1 time, as the code fires only after a conquest. It may be related not to "after conquest" (and consequently to name changes), but to something different. What kind of notification it is?
    ad. 2 - yep, there's an error in coding. will be fixed in the next release.
    ad. 3 - this should work. upload a save', I'll have a look

Quote Originally Posted by Sllhouette View Post
    on VH campaign, you can muster up maybe half a full army, meanwhile you kill one English army, 2 more will sprout from the ground, and they're all heavy infantry... you can try to buy up all the mercenaries (which i had to do many, many times just to live one more turn) and then go into debt, but SSHIP will make you lose your units the next turn... if you survive an attack, your army will be depleted and you won't even have the money to replenish any units even though your army upkeep dropped because almost all of them died...

i made do with galloglaich mercenaries, they cost almost 1k to recruit and about 1k to keep. that's huge money, especially when you only make 50 florins per turn. what choice did i have? i needed their killing power. i survived with mostly scottish light infantry, no armor. used javelin skirmishers to fight the english heavies. thank god that the capital is a castle, i let england keep crashing into my castle and breaking on my walls, but i could barely breathe because they wouldn't stop and so many times i almost lost the capital. i couldn't even buy farms, all my money was negative.

maybe try scotland for your next challenge. if you like difficulty i think it'll test you. if you're just as good at scotland as you are at abbasid, then i could learn from you. you're right, no good ranged, no cavalry, not even good melee (except very expensive elites that you can't afford), so you're forced to get creative. even 100 turns in, i felt like if i made 1 mistake it would undo all my work, every decision mattered, and thats why i love SSHIP so far
    I havent't finished yet as problem still looming but this is in turns 11.

I have secure York, steal Norwhich after somehow left the garrison empty and now besieging Lincoln. I have defeat 2 half stack of England army in York, they all lacking cavalry and general allowing for an easy kill and it's not suprising that my biggest resistance is their General which singlehandedly kill one of my Clansmen in York but allow my javelinman to kill the general in a safe distance. I don't buy mercenaries suprisingly and just rely on recruit from Scotland, only buying one Saxon Huscarl in turn 10. Money sits in around 3000 right now.

Not all goes well however, English resistance have been weak but my diplomatic side is about to plummet. I'm already at untrustworthy and with capture of Lincoln i will be excommunicated. Wish me luck.

Ps : In combat thankfully Scotland have their General bodyguard, the best heavy cavalry European could field. Vital for Scotland victory

Edit : Looks like my save file have been moved. It's in the download thread.
    Last edited by eyelurker; September 23, 2023 at 10:05 AM.

Guys,
    as a few of you have played a bit the mod, can you just tell us a few things (well, some were discussed, so you may skip or just answer with a few words).

The questions about the parameters in-game:
    (1) the re-fill of the recruitment pools (ie: how often you and the AI can recruit another unit) - is the number of units available in game ok, or there're still too many? In particular, do you see differences for the knights units?
    (2) how fast the AI builds up the settlements - we've noticed that in the 200-turn saves all settlements are at the level of fortress + or large city +. There's been some modifications of the parameters aiming at slowing down this process. So how does it look now? Or maybe the changes were too extreeme and the AI is not able to build up the settlements?
    (3) the speed of conversion of the provinces - it was deemed too fast and significant change in one parameter was made. How it's now? (for the player, but it concerns also the AI)
    (4) relative amounts of income from various sources, eg. do you see the reason to invest in mines? or do you see the merchants as an importans source?

Particular issues we're interested in you experience with and opinions on:
    [A] Armies that emerge after a province is conquered (when you conquer - there'll be an AI army, while sometimes you'd be given an army when the AI conquers something).
    [B] The evolution of Notre Dame (Suger, Notre Dame builldable etc) - have you seen it and when, were you able to build other stuff after it happened?
    [C] The evolution of the Latin universities (Bologna uni...) - there are a few events related to it.
    [D] Special uprisings and invasions - have you seen them (eg Prussians in Poland, Bedouins in Africa, later in the game - the Catalans).
    [E] Regional buildings evolution (Var, Hansa, Norman Stronholds, Rus Monasteries, Palazzo and many other) - have you experienced the progression? what do you think?
    [F] Relative abundance / deprivation of the the missile troops (archers / crossbows / horse archers) - is there a balance or not?
    [G] The princesses - it the script working for you? How do you assess the number of them in-game? Do you marry them off or use as diplomats?
    [H] Supply traits and associated costs (and additional cost in general) - does it make any change to your game? Maybe the price should be higher?
    [I] Traits: number of the battles / of years as governor - does you check it, or you'd consider it redundant?
    [J] Pictures: have you comments (specific/general) on the pictures that accompany the events?
    [K] How aggressive the AI is? Does it start the wars? How often? Are there many wars between the AI factions?
    [L] Have you seen the AI Faction Leaders with crowns?

And nobody answered (by j.a.luna - well, way off) to my historical question: what are these buildings?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. Pretty balance. Ai usually sent 1 army per 5-10 turns depend on how much you trashed the ai faction. You can destroy them to the point AI forced into a very passive mode if you defeat their army and capture their territory hard enough(simply destroying them will just give room for ai to recover) For me personally i could manage the manpower just fine but i think that's because i play this game too much so i could minimize the casualties.
    2. Somewhat build them. Ai gain a massive bonus to public growth and public order in very hard, which you could used against them by using the AI to grow undeveloped settlement. I never did that though, i just conquer what i think is the most beneficial.
    3. Very fast. Leveling up Imam/Priest are difficult without wrong religion or Heretic to burn however.
    4. Roads, Trade Fleet(not just port), Mines, Merchant and Explorer. All a worthy investment to make your faction prosper. I do find European merchant make worst income than Muslim, or maybe it's just Abbasid.

B. If i have money and i don't build Income/Unit/Education building
    D. Sometime the event pop up but no rebel spawn.
    E. Varying in usefulness. Norman stronghold are slow and expensive but you can build it anywhere or at least in Tunis and in Greece i could. Please don't nerf it Norman are pretty hard to install.
    F. Turks have large contigent of Horse archers in the AOR Turks area. Like 3 Turkoman and 6 Oghuz large. If the Grazing land have been implemented for Seljuk, Zengids and Rum i think this is fine in exchange for building restriction.
    G. Marry. Preferably within the family, incest ahoy. But seriously it's for decreasing family member so they coupd actually sire a child.
    H. Supply is not a factor financially. Army morale could be fixed by winning battles.
    I. I checked it. I liked it personally.
    J. If it's not something like scripted Invasion such as Mongol? No. Allepo disaster make me anxious though because it's somwhat random.
    K. Pretty aggresive. Depend on the ai it could ranged from 1-2 Armies. Give them time to recover and they can be pretty relentless.
    L. No.
    Last. No comment this time. Sorry. :v

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qyE...F_UkJYgOe/view
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17Ke...iTzPzf0oa/view
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lBa...2xwcQoMTb/view
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Jh...hYaXnkHSB/view

My Scotland progress so far. Scotland1 is before excommuniated and Scotland2,3 and 0 are after excommunication. Yes i get my ranged unit trashed a bit by enemy cavalry *grumble*

Public order are quite frail in conquered region.