Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: NEW! SSHIP ver. 0.98 - March 27th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Hello, long time medieval II fan and huge history lover especially medieval Roman history, but love everything the same

I was wondering if there is any need for any help with the mod? I have no coding experience so I wouldn't expect any of that but I would be willing to do research, bug test, create descriptions or help proofread, also just general ideas.

If there is any need for any of this, or just someone to help out with, I'd be very willing to do this. Since you guys don't accept pay I feel the only way I can really pay you back for the years of enjoyment with this mod is help out in some way! Let me know, I'm willing to do anything and am an eager learner! (Could learn the medieval engine script if necessary, I have a lot of time on my hands before I go to college in the fall.

Again, thank you for the awesome work!

Libertus

I will do a Rum Seljuk run with this march 2024 version

new SSHIP version, new Romania campaign.
    As always, Rum seljuks fall in 3-4 turns, turkoman script is pretty useless, what we need is a Danishmends script - if Angora and Konya fall in first ~30 turns, the regions historically controlled by Danishmends transfer to Rum sultanate + couple of doomstacks for them.
    Anyway, "Usurper" trait given to Manouil Komnenos is honestly a weird change. So, as soon as he is 20 I started to throwing him at every rebel or enemy army inside my borders, witch made him an usurper emperor with 10+ authority. Lost Nikea to civil war, but retook it with a single general (5 units of balkan archers i mean cmon). Dealing with Georgia or Cumans is fairly easy now, cause they do not throw stack after stack to your border provinces. However, Hungary gained a significant boost and now wields decent armies with horse archers, and later hospitaller knights. Crusader states... well now they can amass best crusared kinghts in bulk, witch they do. Stacks of tampliers and hospitaliers (witch are dealt every turn with my horse archers and merc amenian cav), quite annoying.
    The campaign is pretty dead at turn 162 now for an unfortunate reason - I have an old emperor, a bastard heir, no young generals, and a complicated situation in Syria. I could just give up a couple of regions, but I dont want to and I am fairly positive that I wont be able to deal with crippling debt I will get after that
    Hope to see some kind of post-1204 units added for byzantium in the future update.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    I will do a Rum Seljuk run with this march 2024 version
    Looking forward!
    The nomadic buildins were beefed up, and there's a special Holy Place building chain in the Near East.

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Hi @Majkl, if you know hungarian medieval history, maybe you could add in the hungarian thread some information about a future hungarian unit roster? With maybe some unique units for them. In my case, when i have more time i will improve historical descriptions for units and also a future iberian unit roster...
    Unfortunately, medival history is more like hobby of mine. So I am not that much of an expert there. Eitherway, I try to focus on finishing descritpion text for "Vár" chain of buildings. Once that is done, I might try to invest some time into it but I make no promises. I struggle with discipline, especially, if there is commitment made.

an updated SSHIP is another reason to embrace the summer of 24'. can't wait to explore the new camp sacking system and it's impact on financially challenged factions in early game like Serbia and Portugal. also saw the first post regarding the script tweaks which could be done by the community & will be considering that as soon as I return in the coming weeks. I'm impressed with the direction of development as this mod is still more occupying than games like ATILLA, ROME 2 & Pharoah. a salute to the team, the knowns and uknowns for creating this meracle!

Majkl's Avatar Miles

I guess some of us are forever stuck in Med2. The old engine that brought success upon RTW and later perfected in M2TW is just too good. I tried some of the newer titles, but both campaign and battles felt shallow as . I just could not get into it.

no offense, but this release fells very buggy, I encounter a a random crash every 10-15 turns just because the game feels like it
    The "enemy camp looted" mechanic doesn't work properly for me - the choice for leaving some gold for your men works only first time in campaign, every other time it makes no difference in money or traits whether you press yes or now.
    Now in my new Roman campaign it stopped working entirely - https://dropmefiles.com/UH3pI

Quote Originally Posted by fgtnnpasswrd View Post
    no offense, but this release fells very buggy, I encounter a a random crash every 10-15 turns just because the game feels like it
    The "enemy camp looted" mechanic doesn't work properly for me - the choice for leaving some gold for your men works only first time in campaign, every other time it makes no difference in money or traits whether you press yes or now.
    Now in my new Roman campaign it stopped working entirely - https://dropmefiles.com/UH3pI
    one turn after
    You're right there might be bugs, alas.
    Camp looted - this is interesting and might indeed be a bug. If somebody else can confrim this, I'd devote time to study the code.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Camp looted - this is interesting and might indeed be a bug. If somebody else can confrim this, I'd devote time to study the code.
    I haven't tested it with another campaign, but I think I witnessed similar behaviour on my current campaign. I can't recall whether I clicked no or yes on the very first time when given the option to share the loot, but I do remember that once in early game some of the loot was deducted from the treasury after clicking yes, and the FL got the generous trait at the beginning of the next turn. After that one time nothing has been deducted even when choosing yes, and I don't recall any other traits related to it either.

does "cam looted" works on your game in this save? For me it is still not firing up.

Anyway, stables are still not fixed for Aragon.
    https://ibb.co/1bdDGsj

also, no preview picture for knights of Santiago
    https://ibb.co/HHFS4kg
    sorry for not making pictures visible, bbcode is greek for me

Quote Originally Posted by fgtnnpasswrd View Post
    also, no preview picture for knights of Santiago
    https://ibb.co/HHFS4kg
    sorry for not making pictures visible, bbcode is greek for me
    U can copy the picture from the file unit_info of Pisa into aragon, spain and portugal

Nothing about the possible script event about conversione of lithuania?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    Nothing about the possible script event about conversione of lithuania?
    That's absolutely possible (as eg Broken Crescent has shown) and I'd love to see it - the only issue is: who would code it? This would be a major task for somebody. It should be a submod first to show it works and then it'd be integrated in the mod. Actually, this is a perfect time to do it as the most active modding is taking place only for the units (I mean: @kostic is activelly modding while the other team members are somehow inactive. Me, I'd only fix the issues and maybe add buildings, but nothing major.)
    So if somebody is to do the scripting, go for it!
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    That's absolutely possible (as eg Broken Crescent has shown) and I'd love to see it - the only issue is: who would code it? This would be a major task for somebody. It should be a submod first to show it works and then it'd be integrated in the mod. Actually, this is a perfect time to do it as the most active modding is taking place only for the units (I mean: @kostic is activelly modding while the other team members are somehow inactive. Me, I'd only fix the issues and maybe add buildings, but nothing major.)
    So if somebody is to do the scripting, go for it!
    JoC
    I have implemented the event - it seems to be working for me - but I have only one problem regarding removing the pagan temples from the construction table, i.e. once the event happens it still gives me the ability to build them.
    If someone could help me because I can't remember what I forgot to edit!
    ( currently it is managed on the fact that it happens in the 2nd round, simply so that I can see it right away )

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/gpd4k...w7q2wspga&dl=0

Congratulations on the recent release, I'll help bug-hunt as usual.

Attacking only with generals is a great idea of a script, but unfortunately the Med2 engine riots heavily against it. In every campaign in SSHIP I've played (different factions, different playstyle) there is a considerable dip in new generals around turn 180-200, and another one in turn 280-300. I guess hero of the hour is disabled, so you can't get a new general that way as well. I don't really know why I get no new adoption/marriage proposals (and there are like 2-3 underage sons in family tree), It reaaaaaly sucks to play 1 general per 4 provinces.

Attacking only with generals is a great idea of a script, but unfortunately the Med2 engine riots heavily against it. In every campaign in SSHIP I've played (different factions, different playstyle) there is a considerable dip in new generals around turn 180-200, and another one in turn 280-300. I guess hero of the hour is disabled, so you can't get a new general that way as well. I don't really know why I get no new adoption/marriage proposals (and there are like 2-3 underage sons in family tree), It reaaaaaly sucks to play 1 general per 4 provinces.

Also, baronial/knightly castles are not working correctly I think?
    Free upkeep adds up, but recruitment slots stay the same.