Thread: Immortal Empires after update 2.2.1

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Immortal Empires after update 2.2.1

With update 2.2.0, Warhammer players got fewer settlement battles - is that what you wanted, or would you have preferred changes to the way that settlement battles work?

What do you think of the "Adjustments to AI aggression, strategy and overall game difficulty"? When I started an Immortal Empires campaign as Clan Moulder recently, almost every faction declared war on me within the first few turns. While I like AI aggression, this seemed a potentially too aggressive (especially when playing on Normal), although I enjoy defensive battles, maybe I'll like this more when I have more experience of it - especially if AI factions are equally aggressive against each other (creating opportunities for the player) and not just against the player.

There are some interesting changes in the details of the patch notes, for example "When colonising ruins, you now take a temporary vigour penalty instead of a massive manpower loss." - I wonder what people think of this. It could make it more difficult for players to create a defensive buffer of razed settlements (attacking the enemy each time they tried to re-settle) - maybe that was too easy when a faction re-settling a razed settlement had a massive manpower loss?

Which endgame scenarios have you seen and what you do think of them? Do you like the options at the campaign start, and how would you change this system?
    Last edited by Alwyn; October 29, 2022 at 06:30 AM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Immortal Empires after update 2.2.1

About settlement : I don't like it.
    In WH2 we complained minor settlement were too often land battle.
    Then in WH3 "we" complained we didn't have them anymore

I changed that in my siege mod
    - T1 setltement --> land battle
    - T2/T3 --> minor settlement but with 40% for AI to sally out and have a land battle
    - level 2 defense builidng --> walled settlement.

About colonizing: I don't like that you don't lose any units. You'd have to place a minimal garrison no? So I'm trying a 10% HP reduction instead of 25%