Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this mod still being developed?

Default Re: Is this mod still being developed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sin_ View Post
    Actually, make that Rome, Jerusalem, Egypt (Pyramids and Sphinx), and Venice.
    @Sin the only doubt I would have about it would be, if you make a unique model for settlements that don't have the huge city level yet (like Rome and Jerusalem) when these settlements are leveled up, will we lose the unique settlement model? Or will they be maintained throughout the game even if the settlement level is increased ( long city--- huge city)?

Would you also plan other unique models for cities like Kyiv, Paris, Cordoba/Toledo or Baghdad?

This would make the sship mod even cooler, it would be like an MTW3!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Would you also plan other unique models for cities like Kyiv, Paris, Cordoba/Toledo or Baghdad?
    Possibly, but they'd be at the bottom of the queue. Also ....

Or will they be maintained throughout the game even if the settlement level is increased
    They can but you'd need to have the same model for each level, which adds to the vertices limit unnecessarily. Depending on how much I can save, it could be possible but the best solution would be to have them as large cities (2 models needed) or just a huge city (1 model) and adjust growth accordingly.

I don't remember if I had inquired before, but I've wondered why the Eastern European settlements in game do not use the models from the Teutonic Campaign. Would changing the EasternEuropean settlements be a difficult feat? I'd imagine it can be done on the battlemap too?

Napovanni's Avatar Laetus

Hi Sin,

Thanks for your work, this looks amazing. Is this something that is planned to be incorporated in the SSHIP 0.98 or next version?

Thanks once again.

Napo

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

What would even have to be done to make a functional Late Era/Renaissance start? Besides start position changes. Also are any of the SS 7.0 beta features going to be worked into the mod?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Sigma; March 24, 2024 at 02:48 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    What would even have to be done to make a functional Late Era/Renaissance start? Besides start position changes. Also are any of the SS 7.0 beta features going to be worked into the mod?
    Perhaps a slightly different set of factions.
    Some modding would be required for the recruitment part.
    But the bulk of work would have to be devoted to adjusting the scripts - these are mostly set in the relative terms (turn 1.. turn 2 ...)

What features of the SS7 do you have in mind?

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    What features of the SS7 do you have in mind?
    I actually went and played a bit of the latest SSHIP and am amazed at how far it's come since the last time I've played a few years back. So I'm kind of at a loss to what SS7 features could be added since there's so many things in SSHIP now since the last time I played lol

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I actually went and played a bit of the latest SSHIP and am amazed at how far it's come since the last time I've played a few years back. So I'm kind of at a loss to what SS7 features could be added since there's so many things in SSHIP now since the last time I played lol
    Unless there's fresh blood in the mod team (or I'm fired from my RL job ;-), I'd think the further development of the mod rather slow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12