Thread: Greater unit size/scale for HIP 0.98 2023

Icon1 Greater unit size/scale for HIP 0.98 2023

For those who like me think that the amount of troops per unit is too small in Medieval 2, I have modified this aspect of the mod to improve the amplitude of the battles.

I have taken into consideration the ratio between infantry, cavalry and archers. Also the proportion between militia and professionals and so on. There are units from 80 to 220 men, on the huge scale.

Throw this file in medieval 2 > mods > SSHIP > data and replace the original

I spent 2 hours changing the numbers manually and thinking calmly to keep the balance. I hope you enjoy the mod. Regards from Brazil, the true roman successor.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Greater unit size/scale for HIP 0.98 2023

Greetings to Brazil! Great to see somebody producing a minimod!
    For the record: this is a minimod for the SSHIP 098, test version of May 17th, 2023.
    We'll try not to change the EDU for the June 2023 release (offical Spring release). If we do, you'll be very easily able to adjust your minimod with the WinMerge program.
    cheers
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Libertus

Is this submod usable with the june 2023 version of SSHIP?

Quote Originally Posted by DaGrenadier View Post
    Is this submod usable with the june 2023 version of SSHIP?
    this submod changes parameters in the EDU.
    In June release, we haven't made changes that would change the EDU in such a way that it would make the game crash with this submod (caveat: maybe @kostic has made something in between, but I don't think so).
    However, certain recent (=June) changes to the parameters made by @Macaras (should impact on availability of agents) would be not present if this submod would be used without adjustments. I would guess that it could be adjusted very easily (eg. with WinMerge progam).
    JoC

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    this submod changes parameters in the EDU.
    In June release, we haven't made changes that would change the EDU in such a way that it would make the game crash with this submod (caveat: maybe @kostic has made something in between, but I don't think so).
    However, certain recent (=June) changes to the parameters made by @Macaras (should impact on availability of agents) would be not present if this submod would be used without adjustments. I would guess that it could be adjusted very easily (eg. with WinMerge progam).
    JoC
    Hi. Thanks for the work of all the devs on the update!

Could you tell me why the EDU would change something related to agents? I searched for several keywords and didn't find anything related to agents, only units and their statuses. I will test the mod in the current version and send you the results as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by italofrank13 View Post
    Hi. Thanks for the work of all the devs on the update!
    Could you tell me why the EDU would change something related to agents? I searched for several keywords and didn't find anything related to agents, only units and their statuses. I will test the mod in the current version and send you the results as soon as possible
    preferences in recruitment. @Macaras can explain, I don't understand the details.

Yes, there is a line in EDU that says recruitment priority offset. It gives for ai an information how to adjust recruitment for a specific unit. If these priorities are too high for many units ai focuses on production of these units instead of agents - producers a lot of some units and very little or none agents, considering them unimportant.

Libertus

I hope this mod gets updated, The vanilla unit sizes are a bit small even on huge unit scale