Thread: Hamas attacks southern Israel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Default Re: Hamas attacks southern Israel

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    ... Most identify simply as Arabs.

If it were just that Arab Israelis are willing to suffer living in Israel because they prefer to stay in their ancestral homes, it seems like they wouldn't object so vehemently to the suggestion that Israel's borders be redrawn so that they could be part of a Palestinian state...
    Right on target, Israelis Are Comfortable With 'Israeli Arabs', but I'm a Palestinian Citizen of Israel.

In fact, there are many Jews who like to deny the existence of the Palestinian citizens of Israel.

I'm an Israeli, but I believe inflicting more harm on Gaza will ...

The Arab-Palestinian minority within Israel is at the same time part of the Palestinian people as well as citizens of Israelthey have since been classified by the political establishment as suspected “terrorists”, persecuted, discriminated against and disproportionately arrested (…)

To Israel's Shame…
    Some Israelis, most of them Jewish, have been praising the Arab citizens of Israel for their relative silence since Hamas perpetrated massacres in border communities on October 7 and the onset of the war. But it isn't a choice to be silent. It's fear.
    -----
    @ Coughdrop addict ,
    Since you (incorrectly) mentioned “The White Man's Burden" , the racist poem that exhort the US to assume colonial control of the Filipino people (which, btw, resulted in the Philippine genocide), I have to say that Netanyahu, in the best style of the white racist colonizer, went to the UN General Assembly two or three weeks before the Hamas attack on Israel to present a new map of the Middle East without Palestine, on which only Israel can be seen from the river to the sea.
    The terrorist attack by the Hamas arrived just as Netanyahu was about to complete his colonial masterpiece: a peace between apartheid Israel and Arab dictatorships, completely ignoring the Palestinians.

---

Why hasn't the US called for an investigation into mass-graves -The Guardian

(…) I was supposed to write this column a couple of days ago but every time I sat down at my desk and tried to write about the horrors in Gaza, I felt physically sick and had to stop. How can anyone be OK with our tax dollars funding this, I keep asking myself? How can anyone be OK with the fact that innocent children are suffering unimaginable horrors and Americans are helping to pay for it? How can anyone be OK with the fact that Gaza has basically been rendered uninhabitable? How can any journalist be OK with the fact that nearly 75% of journalists killed in 2023 died in Israel’s war on Gaza?

(…) The answer to those questions is and always has been: Palestinians simply don’t count. They certainly didn’t seem to count to the attendees of the glitzy White House correspondents’ dinner on Saturday. The annual event has long been criticized for making the press look too chummy with the politicians they are supposed to be holding to account and Saturday’s event certainly seemed to reinforce that idea. In the middle of what many people argue is a US-funded genocide in Gaza – one in which Joe Biden has repeatedly expressed zero empathy for Palestinians – comedian Colin Jost stood up and told the room what a decent guy the president is.
    “[My grandfather] voted for you,” Jost told Biden. “And the reason that he voted for you is because you’re a decent man. My grandpa voted for decency, and decency is why we’re all here tonight. Decency is how we’re able to be here tonight. Decency is how we’re able to make jokes about each other, and one of us doesn’t go to prison after – we go to the Newsmax after-party.”

A child is killed on average every 10 minutes in Gaza. By the time that Jost had finished his speech, finished waxing lyrical about decency, there were a couple more dead kids killed by Biden administration bombs. By the time they’d finished their little after-party, another dozen kids would be dead. This, people like Jost want us to think, is what decency looks like. And he’s not the only one: American elites are obsessed with toxic notions of decency and civility. All of which tends to be code for: keep quiet and accept the status quo. We must reject this idea. There is nothing more indecent than staying silent in the face of injustice.
    ICC warns against retaliation threats.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Australian government weighs supporting Palestine to to become full UN member

A copy of the draft resolution, seen by Guardian Australia, expresses “deep regret and concern” that the US used its veto power to block the proposal at the UN security council last month.
    …the draft resolution “reaffirms the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination, including the right to their independent State of Palestine”.
    The text outlines “unwavering support for the two-state solution of Israel and Palestine, living side by side in peace and security within recognised borders, based on the pre-1967 borders”.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Atreides View Post
    The Israelis don't want an Arab majority in their country? Who would've thought?
    The US will become 'minority white' in 2045, Census projects

The US, like it or not, is a true multicultural and multi-ethnic society. Do you have a problem with that?

And read... Far-right minister Eliyahu: 'Even in the Hague they know my position
    Herzl to Heritage Minister Eliyahu: Have you actually read my books?..

Last edited by Ludicus; May 03, 2024 at 06:05 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty